Just want to get started

Options
Rayman
Rayman Member Posts: 11
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi again!
Last time I posted here I was waiting on a pet scan... the results are in and it showed small spots on my liver, so I had a biopsy yesterday and am again waiting on the results.
I am a positive person but geeze I was diaganosed on March 13 and I just now want to get some kind of treatment started.
I hope this post finds you all on a good day today! And thanks for listening
Ray

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Hey Ray
    Hope those spots are nothing or can be easily treated.

I see you're a Christian and a praying man. I'm praying for all our members several times a day and wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you to be healed.

Since you had surgery in March, treatment (chemo) would not have started til around now anyhow. I think they said 5 weeks is about the earliest after colon surgery.

Hang in there, my brother!

Diane Tavegia
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Hi Ray
    I know the feeling, let's get the show on the road.
    Good luck with it, hang in there. Keep a good attitude, it goes a very long way...
    -p
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude
    Hey, Ray.

I'm sorry they found spots on your liver, but hopefully they will prove to be nothing worrisome. I will be praying for you!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Options
    Waiting
    Ray,

The waiting really, really sucks! I'm sorry to hear about your PET results. I'm reading a book right now (a stupid canzer book - I don't even read those, sheesh!) that I just posted an excerpt to on my blog. Here is a paragraph:

"Hoping is waiting: for test results; for appointments; for the organism to heal and the spirit rekindle. Hoping is walking the line between tolerating constant probing and invasions, and declaring, “No more, not now.” The hope for survival is not the only hope, many days, not even the overriding hope. The real hope is not to be invalid."

Waiting and hoping do go hand-in-hand. Welcome to the world of wait, otherwise known as canzerLand. It will be joyous and it will suck. You will hope, cry, dance...and especialy WAIT! ick.

I also understand the eagerness to get started with treatment. Patience is a virtue I wasn't blessed with. Do you have your port in yet? Maybe you can get that scheduled while you wait? Take a look at what you CAN be working on, and keep waiting/hoping.

Hugs,

Kimby