Erbutix...makes you loose wait!!!

Options
vilma80
vilma80 Member Posts: 22
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My hubby is on erbutix he had 3 treatments so far...he is lost a almost 50lb since Feb.20 after the surgery....Im so worried...is this right,as he has a bowel movements 2-3 times a day...appetite is ok..not great.Has anyone out there has experiece this kind of side effects.

PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR IDEAS,EXPERIECE....ON THIS.
REALLY APPRICIATE!!!
V.

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Weight Loss
    Hi Vilma, I lost about 40 pounds after my surgery (each time I lost about the same). I would think the weight loss is due to surgery more than the Erbitux. I have not lost weight due to that and I've been on that for over 3 years. Some days I go as often as him, sometimes more. No one can say I'm full of sh*t.
    I'd ask his oncologist
    -phil
  • vilma80
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Weight Loss
    Hi Vilma, I lost about 40 pounds after my surgery (each time I lost about the same). I would think the weight loss is due to surgery more than the Erbitux. I have not lost weight due to that and I've been on that for over 3 years. Some days I go as often as him, sometimes more. No one can say I'm full of sh*t.
    I'd ask his oncologist
    -phil

Thanks Phil.
    Hi Phill!
    Thanks so much....he is eating better than before...his onc.is saying that he needs
    to eat more nutrition stuff...like ensure...ect.
    He loves food as we are from europa...and we love our mediteranin food!
    I did cnct the onc.assistance (as i work with them at the hospital i get to bother them when i see them douing theire rounds).and he stated that lets give him same medicine,to gain that weight back.
    I hope it is not the chimo....just dont know....will keep you posited on that...
    U are the best,Phil,god bless you.

Vilma.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    vilma80 said:

Thanks Phil.
    Hi Phill!
    Thanks so much....he is eating better than before...his onc.is saying that he needs
    to eat more nutrition stuff...like ensure...ect.
    He loves food as we are from europa...and we love our mediteranin food!
    I did cnct the onc.assistance (as i work with them at the hospital i get to bother them when i see them douing theire rounds).and he stated that lets give him same medicine,to gain that weight back.
    I hope it is not the chimo....just dont know....will keep you posited on that...
    U are the best,Phil,god bless you.

Vilma.

:-)
    Vilma,
    You and your husband are very inspirational. I'm very glad that I can be of some help.
    Oh, that food is the best and Europeans know how to eat and cook! :-)
    YOU two are the best Vilma
    hugs...
    -phil
  • kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Options
    Weight Loss
    Vilma,

As usual, Phil is right. I think if you look there are many here struggling with surgical weight loss. Docs worry about that with us so we don't 'spiral' into even more weight loss. I was on Erbitux and didn't lose weight with that, but I do lose after every surgery. Losing that much that quickly, he most certainly has lost some muscle mass. Make sure he is getting plenty of protein. If his apetite is good, that can be fairly easy without the protein shakes - those taste like monkey butt! I find it as simple as cheese - I love cheese! It's easy to add to everything: salads, meat, cassaroles, eggs, nachos....cheese is a good thing when you're trying to stop losing weight! LOL Also, milk, chocolate milk, ice cream...full fat, full sugar. I hope he isn't lactose intolerant!

I have a Dutch neighbor who brings my family a meal on Wednesdays. She was worried at first about her meals being too Dutch or Europeon - that we wouldn't like them. WOW! What great food. She is a huge blessing and a great cook. If you eat like that, you'll get hubby fattened up in no time.

Hugs,

Kimby
  • vilma80
    Options
    kimby said:

Weight Loss
    Vilma,

As usual, Phil is right. I think if you look there are many here struggling with surgical weight loss. Docs worry about that with us so we don't 'spiral' into even more weight loss. I was on Erbitux and didn't lose weight with that, but I do lose after every surgery. Losing that much that quickly, he most certainly has lost some muscle mass. Make sure he is getting plenty of protein. If his apetite is good, that can be fairly easy without the protein shakes - those taste like monkey butt! I find it as simple as cheese - I love cheese! It's easy to add to everything: salads, meat, cassaroles, eggs, nachos....cheese is a good thing when you're trying to stop losing weight! LOL Also, milk, chocolate milk, ice cream...full fat, full sugar. I hope he isn't lactose intolerant!

I have a Dutch neighbor who brings my family a meal on Wednesdays. She was worried at first about her meals being too Dutch or Europeon - that we wouldn't like them. WOW! What great food. She is a huge blessing and a great cook. If you eat like that, you'll get hubby fattened up in no time.

Hugs,

Kimby

I agree!
    Hi Kimby,
    My mother always makes the best spinach pies,cheese pies...god they are the best.
    Hubby...loves pies..:)
    Erbutix made him have a lot of bowel movements,and very lose..i was little concerd last nite as he complaint of a left leg being a little nam...dont know why!! would you?

Hugs
    Vilma.