Options
2»

Comments

• Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Hi Joe!
    How do I add a picture from my Pictures file? There would be no website addy, just the file called Pictures on my computer. Or, from a diskette? Thanks Joe!

Tutorial upcoming
    Jeanne, the short answer is that the picture you want to add has to have a website addy, or URL, as it is called in GeekSpeak. You will need a place on the web to upload your pictures - I recommend Flickr as a fast, free, and user-friendly service.

When I get home this afternoon I hope to work up a short general tutorial about how to add photos and/or links to posts on this board.

Hope this helps (HTH, in GeekSpeak),
    Joe
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    RE said:

AWWWW
    Okay it worked but that is near life size and just plain scary. Thank you for your help I need to fine tune it! :-)

What a great picture
    RE: You just look so happy and your picture made me smile. Thanks. Lynn
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Tutorial upcoming
    Jeanne, the short answer is that the picture you want to add has to have a website addy, or URL, as it is called in GeekSpeak. You will need a place on the web to upload your pictures - I recommend Flickr as a fast, free, and user-friendly service.

When I get home this afternoon I hope to work up a short general tutorial about how to add photos and/or links to posts on this board.

Hope this helps (HTH, in GeekSpeak),
    Joe

Many Thanks!
    Hi Joe,

Wanted to take a moment to thank you for your help, I truly appreciate it! I had been trying to figure that out for awhile now. Guess I should have asked a long time ago. :-)

RE
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

AND......... It's turquoise.
    AND......... It's turquoise. Why did I have a feeling it would be that color?????? Where's Julia's comment? LOL Hugs, Lili

It's here!!!!!
    What a great colour!!!!!! Nice car too. As I explained in another post I am colourblind and turquoise is the only colour I can see true. Red is red but it blinds me, you should see purple........YUCK!
    This is what makes me such an "Innovative Gardener"..I'm not, I just can't see what colours I am planting next to other colours, hey, sometimes it works to my advantage and I can call myself a garden design 'expert'.. ( EX-as in 'Has Been', and SPURT- as in 'Drip under Pressure') LOLOL.. Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

It's here!!!!!
    What a great colour!!!!!! Nice car too. As I explained in another post I am colourblind and turquoise is the only colour I can see true. Red is red but it blinds me, you should see purple........YUCK!
    This is what makes me such an "Innovative Gardener"..I'm not, I just can't see what colours I am planting next to other colours, hey, sometimes it works to my advantage and I can call myself a garden design 'expert'.. ( EX-as in 'Has Been', and SPURT- as in 'Drip under Pressure') LOLOL.. Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Never knew that, Julia
    Actually, blue has always been my favorite color, and turquoise has always been my favorite shade of blue. About five years ago I painted our master bedroom turquoise: Moopy was rather skeptical when I opened up the can of paint, but she remains very pleased with the results.

Joe
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Never knew that, Julia
    Actually, blue has always been my favorite color, and turquoise has always been my favorite shade of blue. About five years ago I painted our master bedroom turquoise: Moopy was rather skeptical when I opened up the can of paint, but she remains very pleased with the results.

Joe

Turquoise (or, do you say TUR-KWAZ?)
    Our master bedroom "suite" (please, don't be too impressed - simple converted attic space) is also turquoise. Was all just white ("hospital white") when we moved in. About four years ago, we finally got around to painting. This was done at my insistence. Had spent so much darned time in a boring white bedroom during & immediately following BC treatment, couldn't stand it any longer. Felt like a "sick room" instead of a safe haven. We picked three shades of turquoise from the same sample strip. Ceiling is pale, kinda like your shirt in your photo. Most walls are a medium shade & one "feature" L-shaped wall (like I said before, converted attic space, with quirky shaped walls) is a very dark turquoise. We love it. In fact, one corner is my little "home office" - so, I am absolutely surrounded by turquoise whenever I'm here at the computer. (I hope Julia is reading this post!)

Had never been afraid of color on the walls before; but, had always played it safe with pale/pastel versions. Until we did the three shades of turquoise, including the ceiling! A lesson learned as a cancer survivor: brave enough to face the beast, certainly brave enough to apply saturated color on the walls! Heck, it's only paint.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: Way to go, Moopy! Final chemo tomorrow! Hurray!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

It's here!!!!!

I'm sure your gardens...
    ... are lovely, Julia.

Kind regards, Susan