Hans update #4

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
WHEW! It's been a wild few weeks!

Hans is doing better and better. He is capable of functioning at 'normal' levels...the only thing missing is his incredible retention (he could quote you on something you said to him, 10 years ago, word for word). But, he is better. He ended up with a stress ulcer, and, after 4 failed attempts at filling a perscription (all denied for lack of pre-authorization),I found myself on the phone with Blue Cross, throwing myself on their mercy, asking what med, what strength, and what dosage I could have the doc that was standing by (who had called in the other, failed, scripts) call in to keep Hans out of the ER with a dilaudid IV drip.

I HATE the life of a caregiver...lol! But, at least now, he says 'Thank you' for my work...I think someone took him aside and shared with him how lucky he was to have me in there pitching...

Thank you all, again, for all of your thoughts and prayers...it is what made all the difference!!!

BIG hugs, Kathi

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    I am SOOOOOO glad Hans is
    I am SOOOOOO glad Hans is doing better. I've been thinking of both of you and wondering how you were. What a b**** to have to deal with these insurance companies. I'm sure if it was for them it would be approved without a doubt. Hang in there sweet Kathi, it will get better. Hugs to you and Hans. Lili
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Glad to hear that things are
    Glad to hear that things are better. You will need that vacation after this is over.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Kathy
    Hans is a very lucky man to have you pitching for him. I know how dealing with those ins. companies can be and it is so very frustrating.I am glad that he is better. I have been praying for both of you.
    hugs
    jackie
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    Such uplifting news in regards to Hans, he continues to be in my prayers as do you! Sounds like things are on the right path. Thank you so much for the update!

Hugs,

RE
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Good to hear this
    I'm so glad that Hans is better and that he knows how lucky he is to have you!! You are indeed a great caregiver. I hope that the two of you get to take that trip to Holland soon. You both need a respite from all of the worry and stress lately.

Mimi
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    mimivac said:

Good to hear this
    I'm so glad that Hans is better and that he knows how lucky he is to have you!! You are indeed a great caregiver. I hope that the two of you get to take that trip to Holland soon. You both need a respite from all of the worry and stress lately.

Mimi

Hang in there girl....there
    Hang in there girl....there is a peek of the sunrise coming through, and next thing you know you will be in full sunlight. Sending best wishes for a continued steady improvement for Hans, and a big load of patience for you. Hugs.

Judy
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

Hang in there girl....there
    Hang in there girl....there is a peek of the sunrise coming through, and next thing you know you will be in full sunlight. Sending best wishes for a continued steady improvement for Hans, and a big load of patience for you. Hugs.

Judy

So good to hear some good
    So good to hear some good news today.
    Stef
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    You are one tough cookie!
    Kathi, Glad to hear that you are surviving with YOUR sense of humor intact. And also glad to know that Hans is getting better and better. the admin side of being sick can make you sick! Love, Lynn
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Thats great Kathi that Hans
    Thats great Kathi that Hans is so much better. Be sure to take care of yourself also though.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Thats great Kathi that Hans
    Thats great Kathi that Hans is so much better. Be sure to take care of yourself also though.