Home to Gardner Kansas

Options
lmliess
lmliess Member Posts: 329
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Keep me in your prayers and thoughts today. I meet with my liver surgeon at 10:00 and hopefully he cuts me loose from Houston to head home to Kansas!!

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Kansas

There's NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

Praying you're on your way to Kansas by now!

Love,
    Auntie Em
  • Wenchie
    Wenchie Member Posts: 88
    Options
    Yee Haw Liess
    I too went to MDAnderson but didn't have the great experience you had. I have mets to lungs and they said "go home". I'd love to hear more about your experience with them and maybe I'll reconsider going back sometime. Great news for you and enjoy sleeping in your own comfy bed soon! xoxo
  • trainer
    trainer Member Posts: 241
    Options
    Hey Kansan!
    Hope you had good news today. I, too am a Kansan, although I've lived in Arizona since 1980 and Chicago before taht. Kansas will always be home. I'm from Atchison and a KU and Ft. Hays State grad. (BS, then MS). It's been a long time since I've done anything other than fly to KC and then Lawrence. Where's Gardner?
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Homeward bound
    Can't wait to hear about how happy you are to be home!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    Gardner!
    We were there last summer. My husband flies Ultralight aircraft and there is an air show in Gardner.

Here's hoping all is well. BTW, I still ride in the back seat, 10 weeks after surgery!

Many hugs and prayers, Vicki
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    I am!
    I'm praying for you right now & will continue to do so- "there's no place like home, there's no place like home!" Kansas, here you come!

:)
    Lisa
  • lmliess
    Options
    Hey there
    Gardner is right outside of Baldwin KS which is on the way to Lawrence KS. I am a Fort Hays grad and my husband is a KU grad! Small world!

MY GOODNESS IT IS GOOD TO BE HOME!!!! I got the news yesterday that all the margins were clear from both surgeries. No known cancer is in my body!!!!! In 6 weeks we will do some wrap up chemo for 3 months and then in 5 monthes I go back to MD Anderson for my scans. POSITIVE THOUGHTS going forward. I weigh 89 pounds and look all bruised and weathered but at this point I feel great!

And I have to thank all of you for your support and prayers. It is so nice to post on here and get the responses we do.
  • lmliess
    Options
    VickiCO said:

Gardner!
    We were there last summer. My husband flies Ultralight aircraft and there is an air show in Gardner.

Here's hoping all is well. BTW, I still ride in the back seat, 10 weeks after surgery!

Many hugs and prayers, Vicki

Airshow
    Was the airshow at New Century Airport? We go to that because my husband and daughter (and me too) love looking at those planes. The airport is about 5 minutes from my house.
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Hooray for You
    so much good news for you, you deserve it, enjoy every
    minute.

Hugs,
    Barbara
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    lmliess said:

Airshow
    Was the airshow at New Century Airport? We go to that because my husband and daughter (and me too) love looking at those planes. The airport is about 5 minutes from my house.

yes
    I believe that was the airport. I skipped out with a friend and went to quilt shops and lunch instead!

Vicki
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
    lmliess said:

Hey there
    Gardner is right outside of Baldwin KS which is on the way to Lawrence KS. I am a Fort Hays grad and my husband is a KU grad! Small world!

MY GOODNESS IT IS GOOD TO BE HOME!!!! I got the news yesterday that all the margins were clear from both surgeries. No known cancer is in my body!!!!! In 6 weeks we will do some wrap up chemo for 3 months and then in 5 monthes I go back to MD Anderson for my scans. POSITIVE THOUGHTS going forward. I weigh 89 pounds and look all bruised and weathered but at this point I feel great!

And I have to thank all of you for your support and prayers. It is so nice to post on here and get the responses we do.

Fantastic News!!
    That is the most excellent news we have heard here for awhile!! I am soooo happy for you!! Doesn't it just give you a whole new perspective of the world, your life and how you fit into it??

You are going to start healing ever so quickly once you are at home surrounded by familiar things. The bruising and weathered body will start clearing up almost immediately and you'll be so happy to be home you will barely notice those temporary scars of the battle your body has just been through.

You can bet your bottom dollar I am (and will continue to) sending positive, healing and healthy thoughts out to the universe... and they will come back to you tenfold!!

Hugggggs!

Cheryl
  • jenben59
    jenben59 Member Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Kansas

There's NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

Praying you're on your way to Kansas by now!

Love,
    Auntie Em

Diane, I love the post!
    Your post is so creative! I love it. These things bring a smile to my face when I'm feeling low. Thank you.
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    dixchi said:

Hooray for You
    so much good news for you, you deserve it, enjoy every
    minute.

Hugs,
    Barbara

wishing you
    Wishing you a very speedy recovery- so glad you are back in the comforts of your own home.It always made me feel better and heal better.

Smiles,
    Dawn