New Erbitux Info

Options
PhillieG
PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I do not know if all hospitals are doing this, but where I go, they have shortened the infusion time with Erbitux from 2 hours down to 1 hour.
I spend more time going to and fro that in treatment (which if A-OK with me!)
Just thought I'd pass it on.
-phil

Comments

• kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Options
    Erbitux
    I was on Erbitux this fall with a one hour infustion rate. Maybe a difference in dosage? Maybe my center changed that sooner? I'm always so interested in how they determine infusion rates. I get my Avastin in 30 minutes and the nurses are always commenting that my onc has it running faster than any other. Last time the nurse called to verify infustion time even after asking me about it. I guess everyone else gets 90 minutes? I dunno.

Kimby
  • sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    kimby said:

Erbitux
    I was on Erbitux this fall with a one hour infustion rate. Maybe a difference in dosage? Maybe my center changed that sooner? I'm always so interested in how they determine infusion rates. I get my Avastin in 30 minutes and the nurses are always commenting that my onc has it running faster than any other. Last time the nurse called to verify infustion time even after asking me about it. I guess everyone else gets 90 minutes? I dunno.

Kimby

Holy molly....Kimby! No way,
    Holy molly....Kimby! No way, you got your Avastin in 30 minutes??? How is that possible? My mom used to get it for three whole day!!!! I don't understand this...o.O
  • PhillieG
    Options
    kimby said:

Erbitux

Kimby

Maybe it's the dosage?
    I only go every other week, I used to go weekly for 1 hour. I like this way better, 2x dose and 1 hour...
    It REALLY is the little things in life isn't it...
    I can't remember about Avastin, I'm sure it was what everyone was doing 5 years ago.
    -p
  • kimby
    Options
    sharpy102 said:

Holy molly....Kimby! No way,
    Holy molly....Kimby! No way, you got your Avastin in 30 minutes??? How is that possible? My mom used to get it for three whole day!!!! I don't understand this...o.O

Avastin
    Are you sure she wasn't getting the 5fu for 3 days in the pump you take home? I've never heard of Avastin being dosed that way! Wow

Kimby
  • standbyme
    standbyme Member Posts: 41
    Options
    kimby said:

Avastin
    Are you sure she wasn't getting the 5fu for 3 days in the pump you take home? I've never heard of Avastin being dosed that way! Wow

Kimby

avastin
    At the cancer center where my husband gets chemo everyone gets avastin over a period of 30 minutes. Nurses said it used to be 90 minutes but now they just put the blood pressure monitor on and 30 minutes later it's done. I have never seen anyone have a problem so far.

Judy
  • PhillieG
    Options
    kimby said:

Erbitux

Kimby

Erbitux
    Kimby,
    Were you going every week or every 2 weeks?
  • sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    you are probably right, Kimby
    Kimby,

You're probably right...I'm not sure..I never asked the doctor at what day she got and what. So it could've been folfiri just as well besides avastin...I dunno. However, we never got any pump to carry home. She was always in the hospital for 3 days, and then after that she came home without any pump. o.O Somewhat glad those days are over...but if I think of why, I immediately wish those days back...Argghhh, I'm so down...>.<
  • kimby
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Erbitux
    Kimby,
    Were you going every week or every 2 weeks?

Erbitux
    Phil,

I went every other week. And the Irinitecon couldn't run at the same time - we had to run each separately.

Kimby