Avemar,Ave?

Options
snommintj
snommintj Member Posts: 601
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I've seen this stuff since I was diagnosed. I did some research on it last year and then kind of forgot about it. But today I was watching msnbc or cnbc or whatever nbc news channel and they were doing a spot on Wheat Germ Extract. I only caught the last few minutes of it but the piece was a study on colorectal cancer patients. They said the results of the study would be published soon. The study was done by sloan kettering(I think that is how you spell it). There may be some significant benefits for CRC patients. Has anyone taken this and if so do you feel as though it benefitted you?

Comments

• serrana
    serrana Member Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    avemar/oncomar
    I just started on it this month.It is not wheat germ extract but FERMENTED wheat germ extract. My naturopath Dr. Stengler at LaJollaWhole Health wrote about it.......good research results. Costs about $150/month. Can't get it retail, must get it from an ND or online.It has some sugar in it and since it is fermented it seems to create gas so that is a detriment. I try to take it with food which is not how it is supposed to be taken.

Dr. Stengler recommended coriolus versicolor an immune system building mushroom complex which I am taking.
    I figure if it doesn't hurt, maybe it will help. I am doing everything I can....acupuncture, herbs, etc to help my bod get healthy.
    Serrana
  • sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My mom took it for
    My mom took it for years....cannot say if it helped, or not...as for us, she didn't end up nice with her cancer (she had chemos a lot, and surgeries, as well as B17 infusion, and Flavon Max, and carrot, beat mix, this Avemar, of course, Culevit, Novodalin, Omega3, DCA)...>.<
    Good luck
    Ps: maybe Avemar is ineffective, but it do not hurt you that's for sure.
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    sharpy102 said:

My mom took it for
    My mom took it for years....cannot say if it helped, or not...as for us, she didn't end up nice with her cancer (she had chemos a lot, and surgeries, as well as B17 infusion, and Flavon Max, and carrot, beat mix, this Avemar, of course, Culevit, Novodalin, Omega3, DCA)...>.<
    Good luck
    Ps: maybe Avemar is ineffective, but it do not hurt you that's for sure.

Just sent the info to my
    Just sent the info to my (naturopath) Nutritionist last week for him to look into. I haven't heard back yet. Will let you know his opinion when I do.
  • polarprincess
    polarprincess Member Posts: 202
    Options
    dmdwins said:

Just sent the info to my
    Just sent the info to my (naturopath) Nutritionist last week for him to look into. I haven't heard back yet. Will let you know his opinion when I do.

hi
    i have not tried it myself..have definitely looked into it but i see it is very expensive.. i know there was a good thread on this while back at the colonclub.com.. and several of them were using it.. may want to check that out..
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator