Options
2»

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

hydrocortisone
    Yes, this is what my doc. recommended, too. She also said that putting your cream in the fridge would help with the itchness. Ugh. I hope it goes away soon.

Mimi

Hydrocortisone Cream
    Thank you all for your help. Joe will go now to get cream. Right now, ice cream is no match for refrigerated hydrocortisone cream. Benadryl works for awhile, but it does wear off and I wake up!

Jackie, glad you have more energy. A walk on a cool Montana evening sounds refreshing.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    The Dreaded Radiation Treatment Itches!
    I have no idea what pain you are in, but will be there soon. Besides the creams, and oatmeal .. what about placing a bag of frozen peas on the site - to decrease the inflamation ...? I know it helped with my itches after my lumpectomy. 15 to 20 min's each hour - helped me.

What about a mild calamiine lotion - something that would be used on poison ivy, etc.

I am sorry if my ideas sound naive, however, I am new and trying to think outside the box.

Hope your feeling better.

Vicki
  • Moopy23
    Options
    VickiSam said:

The Dreaded Radiation Treatment Itches!
    I have no idea what pain you are in, but will be there soon. Besides the creams, and oatmeal .. what about placing a bag of frozen peas on the site - to decrease the inflamation ...? I know it helped with my itches after my lumpectomy. 15 to 20 min's each hour - helped me.

What about a mild calamiine lotion - something that would be used on poison ivy, etc.

I am sorry if my ideas sound naive, however, I am new and trying to think outside the box.

Hope your feeling better.

Vicki

VickiSam
    Vicki, how good of you to help me out when you are going through so much yourself. I read the posts on your upcoming appt. I do not have much I can add. Jackie and others as always gave good advice. Honestly, for me that first appt. included so much info that I didn't ask questions til after I had time to absorb what I was told. The only advice I can add is to take someone with you, if you are not already doing so.

Please never feel apologetic for giving your thoughts and suggestions here. They come from your heart and your own experience and are valid and valued.

Right now, refrigerated benadryl cream has helped. And I am going to get a prescription for hydrocortisone as well. By the way, the time of your own treatment will pass more quickly than you think, and you'll be finishing your radiation treatments.

Thanks again,
    Moopy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

VickiSam
    Vicki, how good of you to help me out when you are going through so much yourself. I read the posts on your upcoming appt. I do not have much I can add. Jackie and others as always gave good advice. Honestly, for me that first appt. included so much info that I didn't ask questions til after I had time to absorb what I was told. The only advice I can add is to take someone with you, if you are not already doing so.

Please never feel apologetic for giving your thoughts and suggestions here. They come from your heart and your own experience and are valid and valued.

Right now, refrigerated benadryl cream has helped. And I am going to get a prescription for hydrocortisone as well. By the way, the time of your own treatment will pass more quickly than you think, and you'll be finishing your radiation treatments.

Thanks again,
    Moopy

your response ..
    Moopy23:

You are GOD sent .. no question about it!!

Thank you .. Thank you ..

Hugs, Vicki
  • Moopy23
    Options
    VickiSam said:

your response ..
    Moopy23:

You are GOD sent .. no question about it!!

Thank you .. Thank you ..

Hugs, Vicki

My thanks to you, Vicki. I
    My thanks to you, Vicki. I will tell my big sister what you wrote. She thought my brother and I were little devils sent to torment her in her teenage years.

Seriously, you are going to get through this. Here, you will find many sisters (and brothers) lighting the path for you.