Options
2»

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    rjjj said:

Hi Susie
    From what i know if you test estrogen pos. they give you anti-estrogen meds.
    have a good day.
    Jackie

That is what I have been told
    If you test positive for estrogen, they put you on some type of anti-estrogen meds too.
  • ajflight
    ajflight Member Posts: 9
    Options
    susieraph said:

No anti-estrogen..???
    Janet,
    I find it interesting that you were told you wouldn't have to take anti-estrogen meds if you had bi-lateral mastectomies. Why ? I had bilateral mastectomies (due to multiple quadrant tumors on the R and abnormal lesions on the L- both sides extremely dense and unreadable on scans) and I am on Tamoxifen- I am ER+.
    Does anyone have an answer to this???
    Cheers, Susie

Tamoxifen
    Hi Susie,

Thanks for your replies and comments. I've been swamped with doctors appointments, research and "mother" stuff so I haven't had a chance to respond to everyone yet.

From what the other two ladies commented on, I'm guessing (and it's just that at this point), that since my ER and PR came back from the lab in the "favorable" range, this might be why no tamoxifen. I SPECIFICIALLY asked my doctor "if I have a bilateral mastectomy, will I need to be on tamoxifen?" He said no due to the lack of breast tissue. I understand that the tamoxifen is a hormone blocker, blocking the estrogen from the breast tissue reducing the chance of recurrence.

At this point, I only have one small tumor we are aware of (at the nipple). My MRI is Thursday so we'll have to see how that turns out. It could change the course for treatment drastically depending on whether or not they find anything else. I can feel my heart in my throat just thinking about it....

One of the appealing things about the bilateral mastectomy (to me) was that I wouldn't need any other meds or radiation after the surgery. I'm not favorable to chemo or radiation. I was on chemo almost 10 years for my leukemia -- it was pills but many of the side effects were the same.

Most of you have much more knowledge and experience with this than me at this point. Every time I think I've figured it all out, I realize how much I still have to learn. If I misunderstood tamoxifen or it's benefits, someone please set me straight! We all have bc yet our treatments vary so much. It's a lot to learn.

Thanks for thinking of me and posing the question..........talk to you soon!

Janet
  • ajflight
    Options
    bfbear said:

More two-cents worth...
    Hi Janet,

I enjoyed reading all the posts here this morning. There's so much information on this board, and so many great people, that it's really hard to keep up! Welcome to you.

I was diagnosed with DCIS in situ 3/13/09 (Friday the 13th, ha, ha) in the left breast. I found the lump myself, right before I was due for my yearly mammogram.

The tumor that I found, and that they biopsied, is 5 cm, but several other suspicious areas were found subsequently on an MRI. So a great deal of my left breast tissue is involved, and after my "team" (radiologists and breast oncology surgeon) discussed the facts, they suggested a mastectomy with reconstruction on the left side.

Additionally, because of older saline implants (a bad, post-divorce decision 16 yrs. ago), very dense breast tissue, and a suspicious mass that I can feel on the right side, after again discussing the options with my lady docs, I am having a dbl. mastectomy with reconstruction on May 6th. (The right side mass does not appear "highly" suspicious right now, according to the radiologist, and if I were interested in conserving that breast, they would biopsy it, but I'd just as soon they take them both and make me symmetrical, at least! She agreed that that's exactly what she would do if she were in my position.)

One of the reasons for my decision is that my surgeon told me that by getting rid of the breast tissue on the right side, I will not need to take any anti-estrogen meds. Also, for me, at 53, with a 27-yr-old daughter who has MS, my two adorable grandkids, and a 10-yr-old daughter at home (adopted from China 10 yrs. ago), I didn't want to have to worry about any more than I absolutely have to, and I wanted the least chance of re-occurence. My husband is totally supportive of my decision, as are pretty much all of the women I know, both breast cancer survivors and non-.

I love my plastic surgeon, who has a wonderful reputation in breast reconstruction. (I feel lucky to have an all-woman team to go through this with!) She will be doing my reconstruction with silicone implants placed under the pectoral muscles at the same time as the skin-conserving mastectomies. She claims that I don't have enough body fat to use for recon...I beg to differ, trust me!!! But she's the expert.

So here I am, with a little over two weeks to go. Since my surgery is May 6th, you and I will be going through this pretty much at the same time!! I am hoping for a smooth recovery and no big surprises on the final pathology report, but whatever happens I plan to don my pink armour and soldier on through this.

I look forward to hearing what your final decisions are. Whatever they may be, they will be YOUR decisions and right for YOU. One thing I have learned so far, for sure, is that when it comes to making decisions for your own body, you can listen to all the advice, read all the literature, and talk to all the doctors you want...but ultimately it is you that has to make that decision. And once you make it, be confident!

Big hugs,
    Debi

It was definitely worth at least ten cents!
    Hi Debi,

Thanks for writing. You were diagnosed on Friday the 13th, I was diagnosed on Monday the 13th! Guess it doesn't really matter on the day, just the date! And...our surgeries are a day apart as you pointed out. Thank goodness neither one of us is scheduled for surgery on the 13th -- I think I would change it if it was!

I'm glad that you decided on the double, that seems to be the best decision for you (and me too!). I don't know much about silicone vs. saline -- what made you go silicone this time? I hear they're more soft and real-like (if that's possible). I, like you, can only think about being here for my children which is why I'm going the aggressive route -- it's the right choice for me and my situation.

My doctor said the same thing about no meds after surgery. That is very appealing to me.

I'm meeting the plastic surgeon after I have my MRI on Thursday. My doctor refers to the plastic surgeon as the "upside to breast cancer". Many women have told me he makes them feel good about themselves and he's very proud of his work! I'm trying to look forward to my visit knowing all my girlfriends will be jealous in about 10 years!

I'm hoping for a smooth recovery as well. I have two little ones that keep me running. I have to recover ASAP. However, depending on the results of my BRCA test, if I'm positive, they want to remove my ovaries and tubes right away as well. I haven't heard anyone else talk about this so I'm not sure if this is the "norm" at this point. Does the scary news or additional testing ever stop? My new rule before going to a doctor or hospital appointment is a minimum of one xanax 30 minutes prior.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me and let's definitely keep in touch and see how things turn out for each other.

Hugs back to you too!

Janet
  • ajflight
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

Hi Janet, Welcome and I am
    Hi Janet, Welcome and I am glad you found us. I hope we can be helpful to you during this time.

I was diagnosed at 42 with a 1.5cm tumor, er/pr+, her2-, clear margins, clear nodes, stage 1, invasive ductal bc.

I am the 4th women in my family with bc, but I tested negative for BRCA1 and 2.

I had a lumpectomy, chemo(4 AC and 4 T), and radiation. That was 3 years ago and I am doing FINE:0) Like you, at first my knee-jerk reaction was to have both breasts removed but THANK GOD my surgeon educated me on the stats comparing mastectomy vs lumpectomy. I definitely did not want to lose my breast and I am super glad that I did not have the mastectomy.

Unless you have a very aggressive cancer and/or multi cancerous areas in one breast, it is my understanding that a lumpectomy is just as good as mastectomy.

So here I am with a strong family history and it was very appropriate for me to have a lumpectomy. I have no regrets what so ever. Think things through very carefully. You have to do what is comfortable. Keep in mind though, it serves absolutely no purpose to remove PERFECTLY HEALTHY BREAST TISSUE along with the tumor.

Hi there!
    Hello Eil4186,

Thanks for your comments and sharing your experience. Congrats on 3 years -- you're more than half-way home!

You are one brave lady! You've been through a lot. I'm glad to hear to you have absolutely no regrets. It's so weird to hear all of you so passionate about your decisions and they're all different for different reasons. You can't imagine a mastectomy and I can' imagine a lumpectomy -- even though we both have valid reasons for our decisions.

It truly is an individual, personal decision that you have to reach within yourself and find. There's no right or wrong answer -- only what works best for you. All of you wonderful ladies have taught me that within a few days and have made me feel confident in the decision I've made for treatment. I thank you for that.

16 days and counting...

Janet
  • susieraph
    susieraph Member Posts: 12
    Options
    ajflight said:

Tamoxifen
    Hi Susie,

Thanks for your replies and comments. I've been swamped with doctors appointments, research and "mother" stuff so I haven't had a chance to respond to everyone yet.

From what the other two ladies commented on, I'm guessing (and it's just that at this point), that since my ER and PR came back from the lab in the "favorable" range, this might be why no tamoxifen. I SPECIFICIALLY asked my doctor "if I have a bilateral mastectomy, will I need to be on tamoxifen?" He said no due to the lack of breast tissue. I understand that the tamoxifen is a hormone blocker, blocking the estrogen from the breast tissue reducing the chance of recurrence.

At this point, I only have one small tumor we are aware of (at the nipple). My MRI is Thursday so we'll have to see how that turns out. It could change the course for treatment drastically depending on whether or not they find anything else. I can feel my heart in my throat just thinking about it....

One of the appealing things about the bilateral mastectomy (to me) was that I wouldn't need any other meds or radiation after the surgery. I'm not favorable to chemo or radiation. I was on chemo almost 10 years for my leukemia -- it was pills but many of the side effects were the same.

Most of you have much more knowledge and experience with this than me at this point. Every time I think I've figured it all out, I realize how much I still have to learn. If I misunderstood tamoxifen or it's benefits, someone please set me straight! We all have bc yet our treatments vary so much. It's a lot to learn.

Thanks for thinking of me and posing the question..........talk to you soon!

Janet

Janet,
    Hi again.
    Everyone

Janet,
    Hi again.
    Everyone I know with breast cancer who is ER and or PR positive is on some type of hormone medication at least for awhile. I would assume that your path of "favorable" would mean that you are ER and/or PR positive which is a very good result. You want to be ER/ PR + because a treatment exists to help stop reccurances- the hormone blockers. The goal being to block tumors from developing in distant sites too (bone, lung, liver)- not just breast tissue. Circumstances and treatment might be different for you due to your previous leukemia. Also, my understanding is that one would have radiation after a mastectomy if pathology tests resulted in more than 3 positive nodes or if the tumor was close to the chest wall/small margins. I hope this helps and makes sense. :)
    I remember being overwhelmed with so many doctor appointments, questions and info too. I am a mother of 4 as well. Take care and take one day at a time!!
    Best to you,
    Susie
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    ajflight said:

It was definitely worth at least ten cents!
    Hi Debi,

Thanks for writing. You were diagnosed on Friday the 13th, I was diagnosed on Monday the 13th! Guess it doesn't really matter on the day, just the date! And...our surgeries are a day apart as you pointed out. Thank goodness neither one of us is scheduled for surgery on the 13th -- I think I would change it if it was!

I'm glad that you decided on the double, that seems to be the best decision for you (and me too!). I don't know much about silicone vs. saline -- what made you go silicone this time? I hear they're more soft and real-like (if that's possible). I, like you, can only think about being here for my children which is why I'm going the aggressive route -- it's the right choice for me and my situation.

My doctor said the same thing about no meds after surgery. That is very appealing to me.

I'm meeting the plastic surgeon after I have my MRI on Thursday. My doctor refers to the plastic surgeon as the "upside to breast cancer". Many women have told me he makes them feel good about themselves and he's very proud of his work! I'm trying to look forward to my visit knowing all my girlfriends will be jealous in about 10 years!

I'm hoping for a smooth recovery as well. I have two little ones that keep me running. I have to recover ASAP. However, depending on the results of my BRCA test, if I'm positive, they want to remove my ovaries and tubes right away as well. I haven't heard anyone else talk about this so I'm not sure if this is the "norm" at this point. Does the scary news or additional testing ever stop? My new rule before going to a doctor or hospital appointment is a minimum of one xanax 30 minutes prior.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me and let's definitely keep in touch and see how things turn out for each other.

Hugs back to you too!

Janet

Why do they want to remove
    Why do they want to remove your ovaries and tubes right away? So that you won't have to be on a hormone treatment? I have never heard of that unless something is wrong with them. And, you look forward to having your breasts removed to make your girlfriends jealous in 10 years? Jealous of? You do understand what a mastectomy is and looks like, right? Sorry Janet, but, I don't get that. I guess I just don't understand that comment. But, I trust you are going to make the best choice for you and that is all that counts. We are all individuals with individual options and treatments. I do wish you the best of luck and I will pray for you!
  • Ltalcott
    Ltalcott Member Posts: 119
    Options
    Noel said:

Why do they want to remove
    Why do they want to remove your ovaries and tubes right away? So that you won't have to be on a hormone treatment? I have never heard of that unless something is wrong with them. And, you look forward to having your breasts removed to make your girlfriends jealous in 10 years? Jealous of? You do understand what a mastectomy is and looks like, right? Sorry Janet, but, I don't get that. I guess I just don't understand that comment. But, I trust you are going to make the best choice for you and that is all that counts. We are all individuals with individual options and treatments. I do wish you the best of luck and I will pray for you!

BRCA gene
    If you are positive for the breast cancer gene--your chances of having ovarian cancer go up drastically--I don't remember the numbers, but it's something like a norm of 4% up to 48%. It raises your chance of getting breast cancer to 84%--but most of us here are testing afterwards anyway.

So removing your ovaries (and tubes? don't know about that) is the one way to prevent ovarian cancer. There aren't really any screening tests for ovarian cancer--and the symptoms are vague and pervasive--we all have them off and on (constipation, bloating, diarheahea, ....)

So ovarian cancer isn't caught quickly, and prognosis isn't good usually when it is caught.

Lots of us here have had both breasts removed when we have breast cancer just in one breast. The opherectomy is another kind of propholactic surgery like that.

Lisa
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    ajflight said:

Hi there!
    Hello Eil4186,

Thanks for your comments and sharing your experience. Congrats on 3 years -- you're more than half-way home!

You are one brave lady! You've been through a lot. I'm glad to hear to you have absolutely no regrets. It's so weird to hear all of you so passionate about your decisions and they're all different for different reasons. You can't imagine a mastectomy and I can' imagine a lumpectomy -- even though we both have valid reasons for our decisions.

It truly is an individual, personal decision that you have to reach within yourself and find. There's no right or wrong answer -- only what works best for you. All of you wonderful ladies have taught me that within a few days and have made me feel confident in the decision I've made for treatment. I thank you for that.

16 days and counting...

Janet

Janet, I am so glad that you
    Janet, I am so glad that you have been able to come to a decision and are at peace with it. I am very in awe of that----I was a mess when I was at the point where you are now.

You are very brave and strong and you will be ok. Btw, Tamoxifen I am pretty sure also blocks estrogen in other areas of the body besides the breast.

Good luck, and I will be thinking of you, Eileen
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    ajflight said:

Hi there!
    Hello Eil4186,

16 days and counting...

Janet

Janet
    You won't know exactly what treatment your oncologist will recommend until after your surgery and the pathology report is in. That will determine what exact treatment the oncologist will recommend for you. Did you say your tumor size is 7cm? And, they know you have lymph nodes that aren't clean? Radiation and chemo are almost always done if lymph nodes are positive. Because that means the cancer has or could spread thru your body. And, like the others said here, Tamoxifen isn't just for women that kept their breasts and had a lumpectomy. The Tamoxifen is to keep the cancer from going to your lungs, liver, bones etc. Didn't your doctor tell you that?
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Hi Janet
    I just wanted to welcome you to this board. I am a newbie, also. I have found so many wonderful, supportive and true warriors on this board. We will be here for whatever type of support you need. I know you have a great deal of information on your plate now so I'll bore you next time. Please let us know what you decide.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

Janet, I am so glad that you
    Janet, I am so glad that you have been able to come to a decision and are at peace with it. I am very in awe of that----I was a mess when I was at the point where you are now.

You are very brave and strong and you will be ok. Btw, Tamoxifen I am pretty sure also blocks estrogen in other areas of the body besides the breast.

Good luck, and I will be thinking of you, Eileen

Tamoxifen is a "blocker"...
    Hello, Eileen. Yes, you're right, dear. In "layman's terms" - Tamoxifen is a "blocker"; i.e., it acts like a blocker/barrier between estrogen & cancer cells. Therefore, if there are "rogue" cancer cells circulating anywhere within the body - they cannot "feed" on the estrogen, which they need in order to multiply. As an oral medication that flows throughout the bloodstream, it works everywhere (hopefully) - not just within the breasts.

Arimidex - and other "inhibitors" - prevent (inhibit) the body from producing estrogen to being with. Different medications are prescribed based not only on diagnosis & pathology; but, also considering where the patient is regarding the menstrual cycle.

This I know from first-hand experience! I can't speak intelligently about the other types of BC meds. But, I'm certainly learning a lot from the very smart folks on this board!

Kind regards, Susan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

More two-cents worth...
    Hi Janet,

I enjoyed reading all the posts here this morning. There's so much information on this board, and so many great people, that it's really hard to keep up! Welcome to you.

I was diagnosed with DCIS in situ 3/13/09 (Friday the 13th, ha, ha) in the left breast. I found the lump myself, right before I was due for my yearly mammogram.

The tumor that I found, and that they biopsied, is 5 cm, but several other suspicious areas were found subsequently on an MRI. So a great deal of my left breast tissue is involved, and after my "team" (radiologists and breast oncology surgeon) discussed the facts, they suggested a mastectomy with reconstruction on the left side.

Additionally, because of older saline implants (a bad, post-divorce decision 16 yrs. ago), very dense breast tissue, and a suspicious mass that I can feel on the right side, after again discussing the options with my lady docs, I am having a dbl. mastectomy with reconstruction on May 6th. (The right side mass does not appear "highly" suspicious right now, according to the radiologist, and if I were interested in conserving that breast, they would biopsy it, but I'd just as soon they take them both and make me symmetrical, at least! She agreed that that's exactly what she would do if she were in my position.)

One of the reasons for my decision is that my surgeon told me that by getting rid of the breast tissue on the right side, I will not need to take any anti-estrogen meds. Also, for me, at 53, with a 27-yr-old daughter who has MS, my two adorable grandkids, and a 10-yr-old daughter at home (adopted from China 10 yrs. ago), I didn't want to have to worry about any more than I absolutely have to, and I wanted the least chance of re-occurence. My husband is totally supportive of my decision, as are pretty much all of the women I know, both breast cancer survivors and non-.

I love my plastic surgeon, who has a wonderful reputation in breast reconstruction. (I feel lucky to have an all-woman team to go through this with!) She will be doing my reconstruction with silicone implants placed under the pectoral muscles at the same time as the skin-conserving mastectomies. She claims that I don't have enough body fat to use for recon...I beg to differ, trust me!!! But she's the expert.

So here I am, with a little over two weeks to go. Since my surgery is May 6th, you and I will be going through this pretty much at the same time!! I am hoping for a smooth recovery and no big surprises on the final pathology report, but whatever happens I plan to don my pink armour and soldier on through this.

I look forward to hearing what your final decisions are. Whatever they may be, they will be YOUR decisions and right for YOU. One thing I have learned so far, for sure, is that when it comes to making decisions for your own body, you can listen to all the advice, read all the literature, and talk to all the doctors you want...but ultimately it is you that has to make that decision. And once you make it, be confident!

Big hugs,
    Debi

Debi
    What is the name of your plastic surgeon and what hospital does she practice in? I have never heard of the type of reconstruction you said she would do for you and I would like to know more about it. So, if you can, please let me know. Thank you!
  • Ahnee60
    Ahnee60 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Decisions
    I just joined the forum today...I got diagnosed on Apr 5 and have a lumpectomyand sentinel node biopsy scheduled this Fri 5/1. I have a very positive attitude-however now that the month has passed I am really realizing how major the surgery is and I want lots of feedback on the lumpectomy/radiation route vs DIEP and removal or reduction of right breast as well. I too feel like let's just get this over with. I'm happy to have a place to read everyone's experience and decision making process. I'll be working through this too. PEACE, Anne
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    Ahnee60 said:

Decisions
    I just joined the forum today...I got diagnosed on Apr 5 and have a lumpectomyand sentinel node biopsy scheduled this Fri 5/1. I have a very positive attitude-however now that the month has passed I am really realizing how major the surgery is and I want lots of feedback on the lumpectomy/radiation route vs DIEP and removal or reduction of right breast as well. I too feel like let's just get this over with. I'm happy to have a place to read everyone's experience and decision making process. I'll be working through this too. PEACE, Anne

Greetings, Anne!
    I saw one of your posts amongst another thread. I think it was Mimi who suggested you start a new thread, introducing yourself. I totally agree with her. That way, you will be warmly welcome by many.

Anyway, I'm sending my own warm welcome to you here. Though I do regret the reason. This club no one ever wants to voluntarily join! Nevertheless, we're all here - trying to make the best of it.

FYI, I joined just a few weeks ago. This is how I marked my 5 year anniversary of completion of all my invasive treatments (surgery/chemotherapy/radiation). Later this year, 6 years since original diagnosis. I'm still on meds...

I also had lumpectomy w/sentinel nodes removal surgery. None of it is easy, nor pretty. But, be assured it's all doable. And, we'll all be here to support you throughout - no matter what your final treatment(s) turn out to be.

Hoping for the best possible outcome for you on Friday.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    Janet, how are you doing?
    Janet, how are you doing? You haven't been on to let us know. Praying for you!
  • kugiek
    kugiek Member Posts: 13
    Options

Greetings, Anne!
    I saw one of your posts amongst another thread. I think it was Mimi who suggested you start a new thread, introducing yourself. I totally agree with her. That way, you will be warmly welcome by many.

Anyway, I'm sending my own warm welcome to you here. Though I do regret the reason. This club no one ever wants to voluntarily join! Nevertheless, we're all here - trying to make the best of it.

FYI, I joined just a few weeks ago. This is how I marked my 5 year anniversary of completion of all my invasive treatments (surgery/chemotherapy/radiation). Later this year, 6 years since original diagnosis. I'm still on meds...

I also had lumpectomy w/sentinel nodes removal surgery. None of it is easy, nor pretty. But, be assured it's all doable. And, we'll all be here to support you throughout - no matter what your final treatment(s) turn out to be.

Hoping for the best possible outcome for you on Friday.

Kind regards, Susan

I just joined the forum, and I have found I am not alone..
    I just joined the forum today...Since I feel like I relate to these posts more that the others I am replying to you.
    I got diagnosed on March 2nd with DCIS. The surgeon has said that I have a few spot in a area size of 4 cm X 3 cm., in my left breast. I had the BRCA1 and 2 testing done since my mother and grandmother both had breast cancer, luckily my tests were negative. Now I don’t have to worry about my kids or grandkids worrying about it being genetic.
    I have decided on the bi-lateral mascectomy with reconstruction on both sides. I don’t want to put myself through this emotional roller coaster again.
    I am scheduled for surgery on May 18th, but this is still not soon enough.. I can relate to the person who said “ this can’t go fast enough’. I have changed my mind back and forth for the last couple of weeks.. thankfully I haven’t called my surgeon on it .. He will really think I have gone nuts  . This is what I meant by the roller coaster affect.
    I'm happy to have a place to read everyone's experience and decision making process. It will be good for me to have a place to read about others and hear that I am not alone.
    Thanks
    Katie
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    kugiek said:

I just joined the forum, and I have found I am not alone..
    I just joined the forum today...Since I feel like I relate to these posts more that the others I am replying to you.
    I got diagnosed on March 2nd with DCIS. The surgeon has said that I have a few spot in a area size of 4 cm X 3 cm., in my left breast. I had the BRCA1 and 2 testing done since my mother and grandmother both had breast cancer, luckily my tests were negative. Now I don’t have to worry about my kids or grandkids worrying about it being genetic.
    I have decided on the bi-lateral mascectomy with reconstruction on both sides. I don’t want to put myself through this emotional roller coaster again.
    I am scheduled for surgery on May 18th, but this is still not soon enough.. I can relate to the person who said “ this can’t go fast enough’. I have changed my mind back and forth for the last couple of weeks.. thankfully I haven’t called my surgeon on it .. He will really think I have gone nuts  . This is what I meant by the roller coaster affect.
    I'm happy to have a place to read everyone's experience and decision making process. It will be good for me to have a place to read about others and hear that I am not alone.
    Thanks
    Katie

Welcome, Katie!
    I joined this wonderful group just about 2 weeks ago - as an almost 6 year survivor... Intending to "give back" - help, support & encourage others. And, to provide a living example of HOPE.

If the above is your very first post - I suggest you begin a new "Discussion Topic" & introduce yourself to all. That way, you'll be more easily found - vs. buried within this thread. I assure you that many will step forward to welcome you, as I've done here.

Kind regards, Susan