limliess- how are you after surgery?

Options
lisa42
lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Limliess-

Hoping to hear from you as soon as you're able to post. I've been thinking about you and praying for you during your resection at MD Anderson. I hope that you're recovering well.
Take care and God bless- post when you can.

Blessings,
Lisa

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Bumped
    I was thinking about you while praying last night and wondered if you'd been able to get to a computer.

Will keep you in prayer!

Thanks for reminding us, Lisa!
    Diane
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329
    Options

Bumped
    I was thinking about you while praying last night and wondered if you'd been able to get to a computer.

Will keep you in prayer!

Thanks for reminding us, Lisa!
    Diane

Hello!! I am back!
    It has been a week and your thoughts and prayers helped pull me through my liver resection at MD Anderson! I was released today so we stay in Houston now at a hotel/apartment until my dr consultation next Wed the 22nd then head back home. I have nothing but great things to say about MD Anderson and Dr Curley! I am sore...ugh so sore but overall I think I am doing pretty well. Thank heavens I have my constipation issues under control (hopefully that won't backfire on me!) because I am back on pain pills again. Last Thursday was my surgery and I don't really remember much of Thursday or Friday but every day got a bit better. And I am still healing a bit from the first surgery. I was sent home from the hospital with a J-Pouch for drainage and I am not sure how to hide it? (I think that is what it is called?) It's that long tube/catheter with the cup thing at the end. It is kind of gross when it drains. I guess I will wear my robe outside. There are a lot of 'patients' here at the hotel so I guess I will blend in.
    Again - thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers!!! I am sure I will have questions along the way......
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    lmliess said:

Hello!! I am back!
    It has been a week and your thoughts and prayers helped pull me through my liver resection at MD Anderson! I was released today so we stay in Houston now at a hotel/apartment until my dr consultation next Wed the 22nd then head back home. I have nothing but great things to say about MD Anderson and Dr Curley! I am sore...ugh so sore but overall I think I am doing pretty well. Thank heavens I have my constipation issues under control (hopefully that won't backfire on me!) because I am back on pain pills again. Last Thursday was my surgery and I don't really remember much of Thursday or Friday but every day got a bit better. And I am still healing a bit from the first surgery. I was sent home from the hospital with a J-Pouch for drainage and I am not sure how to hide it? (I think that is what it is called?) It's that long tube/catheter with the cup thing at the end. It is kind of gross when it drains. I guess I will wear my robe outside. There are a lot of 'patients' here at the hotel so I guess I will blend in.
    Again - thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers!!! I am sure I will have questions along the way......

glad to hear from you!
    Hello! I'm so glad to hear good news that everything went well!
    I don't think the drain is called a j-pouch since the only j-pouch I've heard of is when some people have that after a rectal resection- the j pouch is made from the intestines inside the body. I'm not sure what the drain is called- my Drs just called it a drain! I didn't still have mine when i left the hospital, though. I'm coming up on my one year anniversary since my liver surgery on May 13. Hard to believe it's been that long!

As sore as you are now, it will get better and better. Just be careful to not overdo it. Keep walking, but be careful with lifting things and with how you bend down. I healed pretty quickly, but did have a slight setback when I carried something too heavy (I went grocery shopping myself and carried the 24 pk of water bottles into the house myself- I think I was out to "prove" how well I was or something, and then suffered for it).

I'm glad you had such a positive experience at MD Anderson and that you liked your surgeon so well, too. Well, pamper yourself and take care!!!!!

Lisa
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    lisa42 said:

glad to hear from you!
    Hello! I'm so glad to hear good news that everything went well!
    I don't think the drain is called a j-pouch since the only j-pouch I've heard of is when some people have that after a rectal resection- the j pouch is made from the intestines inside the body. I'm not sure what the drain is called- my Drs just called it a drain! I didn't still have mine when i left the hospital, though. I'm coming up on my one year anniversary since my liver surgery on May 13. Hard to believe it's been that long!

As sore as you are now, it will get better and better. Just be careful to not overdo it. Keep walking, but be careful with lifting things and with how you bend down. I healed pretty quickly, but did have a slight setback when I carried something too heavy (I went grocery shopping myself and carried the 24 pk of water bottles into the house myself- I think I was out to "prove" how well I was or something, and then suffered for it).

I'm glad you had such a positive experience at MD Anderson and that you liked your surgeon so well, too. Well, pamper yourself and take care!!!!!

Lisa

I had a drain...
    It was called a J-drain. At least that was what the nurses called it.

Lmliess, so glad you came through as well as you did. The soreness will pass. And I agree, keep walking. As Lisa says, don't overdue the lifting. They gave me a 5 pound limit for six weeks. i had to have someone pick up my grandson for me and place him on my lap.

Good thoughts coming your way!

Vicki
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Options
    lmliess said:

Hello!! I am back!

Good to Hear From You
    I'm so glad to hear that your surgery went well. Thanks for checking in.

Rob
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    lmliess said:

Hello!! I am back!

So happy to hear this!
    Goodness girl! I had my gall bladder out yesterday, NOTHING like you've gone through, and I'm not to lift anything for four weeks, etc.

So, so, so happy to hear you're doing well! I'll keep praying for you!

Diane
  • Joy1216
    Joy1216 Member Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    lmliess said:

Hello!! I am back!

Glad you're back
    I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you're doing well. Just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you will get good news on Wednesday and that your trip home is uneventful.
    Joy
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Joy1216 said:

Glad you're back
    I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you're doing well. Just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you will get good news on Wednesday and that your trip home is uneventful.
    Joy

Surgery
    Glad your surgery is over with and you are on the road to recovery. You have had a double whammy in the last month with your first surgery and then so soon to have this one. You better take the time to heal and don't push it or you will set yourself back. Sounds like everything is going according to plan. Welcome back home.

Kim
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    lmliess said:

Hello!! I am back!

so glad to hear you are doing well!
    Sounds like everything is on track and you are in good spirits! I am sure you are glad to be out of the hospital and moving forward with your hearing! Nothing like getting used to all the various "appliances" we wind up using in this battle! I will pray for continued and complete healing for you!
    mary
  • jenben59
    jenben59 Member Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    lmliess said:

Hello!! I am back!

Best wishes...
    and a great recovery. I know things can be gross, but MD Anderson knows what they're doing. I go to MD Anderson as well and I follow everything my onc tells me to do. Hope you fell better as soon as possible. God bless.