What is your favorite flower?

2»

Comments

• colon2
    colon2 Member Posts: 183
    tiny one said:

Flower
    My favorite flower in the house is the African Violet. I used to have some beautiful ones, however I no longer have any due to my Kitty. Outside though I love impatients, petunia's, hydrangea's, hosta's, astilbe's. Gardening is my most favorite thing to do. It is what keeps me active and what I love to do.

I love them all
    I really do love all flowers,but I guess my favorites are carnations, and roses. I also love geraniums. And I really love my big Blue Hydrangeas. I could go on and on.
    God Bless You , Carletta
  • shoppergal
    shoppergal Member Posts: 118
    Flowers
    My favorite flowers have always been daffidols(sp)because they always remind me that spring is here. My other favorite is lilacs because I've always loved the way they smell. I also like the roses that are black or lilac because they are so different.
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    PhillieG said:

Sunflowers
    I love those too. This is one of my favorite shots that I've taken. I took this at an organic farm that I go to.

Sunflower

great pic
    Great picture Phil. I love to plant sunflowers with my kindergarten class because they grow taller than the kids and they are amazed! Also, it is so cool for them to see the seeds. Then, we can plant the seeds and on and on. :)
  • Kathleen808

Cherry Blossoms!
    I love oodles of flowers.... but if we are talking "Spring" then the ones that stand out the most for me is the gorgeous Cherry Blossom trees! Once they are out in full bloom, then I know spring is here :)

I took this picture right around the corner from where I live. Somewhere, I do have a picture of the Cherry Blossoms on my own street, but I can't seem to find that picture right now.

This is my artsy shot where, standing under a tree that is in full bloom, looking up and seeing the blue sky between the blossoms :)

This picture is not quite as sharp, but was taken downtown Vancouver at the Burrard St. SkyTrain station (the equivalent of an above ground underground tube station). But, it does give the message of how beautiful it can be to walk under an arch of the cherry blossoms :)

I can never get tired of seeing these trees in bloom and when the season is over, walking down the street and it feels like you are walking through white and pink snow :)

Hugggggs,

Cheryl

fabulous!
    Cheryl,
    These pics really make me smile. Beautiful!
    Kathleen
  • Kathleen808

From Hawaii...plumeria!
    Chip

From Hawaii...plumeria!
    Chip

plumeria
    Hi Chip,
    We have 3 plumeria trees in our backyard and they are glorious! Two are yellow plumeria and 1 pink. I'm sure you remember May Day in Hawaii. My students will be wearing yellow plumeria lei when they dance hula on May 1.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Kathleen808
    so many
    Flowers are a big part of life in Hawaii. Everyone who lives here talks about the fragrant smell when you get off the airplane in Hawaii and you know you're home because of the flowers. Lei are giving for special occasions and I love lei made from Pikaki or yellow ginger.... ah the fragrant smell. :)
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Rose of Sharon
    I love the Rose of Sharon. There's so many to choose from. Some now have double petals. My favorite might be The Blushing Bride. It's a virginal white with tiny pink stripes that run up to the stamen.

I am the Rose of Sharon, and the Lily of the Valleys. The Beloved like a lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.
    Song of Solomon 2:1-2