How did you react to the "booster" radiation to the tumor site?

Options
2»

Comments

• Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    mucjud13 said:

Boosters
    I had an awful reaction to the Boosters! I had 3rd degree burns under my left breast and on my chest under breast. I ended up with Radiation Dermatitis.
    The burns were so bad underneath at the fold of my breast that the skin just fell off even while using the medication creams my Radiologist prescribed for me. It took 8 weeks for the area to grow new skin and the area looks like I had skin grafting.
    I had to change bandages at least 3x a day(it got expensive). The medicine my doc gave me did not work on the area and a friend's doc gave me free samples of Biafine and after a few days it began to heal. Medicare denied me using Biadine and had to pay cash!!!
    I go through the Veterans Medical Center due to no insurance and only gave me this anibiotic but it did nothing else.(It was like Lard).
    The area was 3 1/2"x 3 1/2." I took picktures with the assistance of a mirror but when I placed some of them on here they were removed.
    I was not aware that Boosters were being used until I stood outside my Radiologist office to try and catch him to show what has happened and he said ooh! I'm sorry, we were asked to use Boosters he said on me because I appearred to be a good canadate but I had never even heard the word "Boosters" before he said it at this encounter.
    Judi M.

Judi, I saw your picture
    Judi, I saw your picture before it got "zapped"--it scared me, but I had exactly the same type of burn at the end of rads. My nurse gave me "domeboro soaks" and it helped tremendously. I had a few bad days, but made it through.

My incision was on the underside of my rather "generous" breast, so it was hard to keep it dry & free from perspiration. Once the boosters began, the area began to heal right away.
    Good luck to everyone who is still going through this.

Hugs & prayers sent your way...