liver re-sections did you have pockets of fluid?

Options
maglets
maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I had my second liver re-section in Nov. Yesterday I heard from a nurse practioner that there was a pocket of unabsorbed fluid on/in? the liver. She was reading from a report from the radiologist. Unfortunately my onc has started her mat leave so I have no better info.

any of you re-sections heard of this?

mags

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Hi Mags,
    Sorry, I didn't

Hi Mags,

Sorry, I didn't have that happen to me & haven't heard about it. Just because I haven't heard about it, however, doesn't mean that it doesn't commonly happen.
    Did you google "fluid pockets following liver resection"? I haven't, but just a suggestion- maybe you'll find something there. Best wishes-
    Lisa
  • maglets
    Options
    lisa42 said:

Hi Mags,
    Sorry, I didn't

Hi Mags,

Sorry, I didn't have that happen to me & haven't heard about it. Just because I haven't heard about it, however, doesn't mean that it doesn't commonly happen.
    Did you google "fluid pockets following liver resection"? I haven't, but just a suggestion- maybe you'll find something there. Best wishes-
    Lisa

no I haven't Lisa
    I am always such a chicken about googling....things...I always seem to scare myself more that comfort.;...ok I'll give it a try

thanks
    Mags
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I had/have some
    My liver re-section was 2/20/09 and the CT scan from March indicated fluid pockets (maybe 2?). I was told nothing to worry about....
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time....
    in a galaxy far away.
    Sorry.
    I seem to remember having a similar situation but it was back in 9/04 that I had my operation so my memory isn't the best with that sort of stuff. Some things I seem to have conveniently forgotten. It showed up in scans but it really didn't cause any (additional) discomfort and it did go away by itself.
    -phil
    Have a great holiday
  • maglets
    Options
    yeehhh
    yeeh thanks guys...sounds good to me

mags