Tamoxifen Side Effects

Options
2»

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Thanks girls for all your
    Thanks girls for all your encouragement. I will be starting the arimidex as soon as I'm off all these muscle relaxers I'm on for a stiff neck. LOL. What else can go wrong???? But, I will keep you posted as to the side effects. I'm hoping to be able to say that other than night sweats and vaginal discharge, there are no other side effects. You girls are all great. Thanks and many hugs, Lili

Ok, tamox does sound like it
    Ok, tamox does sound like it has a lot of side effects. After I finish rads, I am suppose to be on it too.

Sue :)
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • ExpatK
    ExpatK Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Ok, tamox does sound like it
    Ok, tamox does sound like it has a lot of side effects. After I finish rads, I am suppose to be on it too.

Sue :)

So relieved
    I know this is really late, but am really relieved to find that stiff joints seems to be a normal side effect of tamox. Apart from this and the weight gain (although my oncologist says this is not due to tamox!!!) and the night sweats if I drink coffee or more than 2 glasses of wine, I haven't really had other side effects. I've been on it for about 3 years now.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    SWELLING OF FINGERS
    WITH MINE-IT IS ARTHRISTIS! i HAD surgery on 2 fingers so far-more to come.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    just yesterday I was taken off tamoxfen
    I went back for routine check up with Onoclogist...and she took me off...tamoxifen for month..then blood work and see her for new script (diff med)

Denise
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

just yesterday I was taken off tamoxfen
    I went back for routine check up with Onoclogist...and she took me off...tamoxifen for month..then blood work and see her for new script (diff med)

Denise

Side effects of tamoxifin
    So far my side effects are thinning hair, just a slight memory loss(good because I never forgot anything) and my estrogen level is supposed to be down but it is up.

I am like tasha_111. I sometimes forget to take it.So wait till the next day but I will take it. As my doctors have stressed to me it is neccessary to help prevent a reccurance of my cancer.That itself worried me.BUT I looked at the bottle of pills for 6 weeks before I took it.Even had my husband take me for a ride to calm me when I took that first pill.It has some serious side effects and I wanted to make sure I didnt have one of those instant dangerous ones.

I agree like one other person said,"it should be taken if you are able".If not the doctor can find something else for you. I've had just a couple people tell me they just went off it on their own.Never calling the doctor but telling them after the fact.Never took anything else.One said her marriage would have ended and her husband agreed.She is here after a 18 year survivor rate.But I will still continue mine and hope I have no side effects from it (when I quit the pill after 5 years).When taking something for so long I wonder if things could happen afterwards?????

Lynn Smith
  • sandybaby
    sandybaby Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

I can see that this chatroom was from a few years ago and so I wanted to ask if anyone can give me advice...I was diagnosed in January 2022 and finished radiation in July...I am taking tamoxifen since April 2022...I had a bad car accident in November 2022 and since then I can not get out of a deep depression...is there any advice. I have been a bit depressed while this was going on but now I am falling to bits...any advice out there? thank you to you strong ladies who have already been on tamoxifen...I feel like it is causing the depression or maybe it is in my head and its just been a bad year...

• Shabro
    Shabro Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

Hi there Sandy baby!

Sorry to hear you have been so badly affected by all of this. all of the things you have been through including the car accident have caused a lot of trauma to your body. Trauma can affect us spiritually mentally and physically. I believe in the power of prayer and I will pray for you. Be comforted that I am a survivor that from breast cancer and have reached a point where I am very happy. I still have many health issues to deal with but I'm not letting them hold me back! PSTamoxifen is a light inducer so make sure you wear factor 50 suncream on any exposed parts including your ears. I wear clothing from Solabri which gives you 95% protection from the Sun. A normal T-shirt would only give you 5%. God bless you honey. You will get through this. Xxx