Hans update #2

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Procedure went well. Patient was a pain in the neck (read lower body part). Glad to have survived it. The anesthesiologist is a dear friend of both of us, and he was there, not because the procedure warranted it, but because we both were frightened. He talked to Hans thru the entire thing. It was a great comfort. He now has a pacemaker, and the only thing left may be a repacement of it for a newer one (it had been set to 'on demand' pacing before this).

Hans stayed till after supper, and then we came back home. He slept all night. Me, too.

Thank you, thank, you all for your well wishes!!!!!

I went today to my oncologist for my 6th month check. She held my 3" folder on high, looked at me, and said "It's hard to believe that this is even related to you! You are so healthy!" Another victory....my osteoporosis is on the decline, and my cholesterol is the lowest (190/61) I have EVER had!!! Must be my 'colon cancer' diet...low red meat, loads of fruits and vegies, and very little dairy (lactose intollerant from the chemo...). So, good news all around...

BIG hugs, Kathi

Comments

• robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Yeah Kathi!!
    Great news on the 6-month results.

Here's hoping Hans makes a strong recovery.

Rob; in Vancouver
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Excellent, Kathi!!
    That's wonderful news... all around, for both you and Hans!! But talk about putting you through the wringer to get to that point!!! Sheesh!! I know you are one heck of a strong person but come on... you don't need anymore stress!!

I hope you and Hans can slow down now, catch up on some rest, and just recouperate from this last ordeal!

Hugggggs,

Cheryl
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    wonderful
    That's wonderful news, Kathi. I'm so glad Hans came through well (even though he was a pain in the ... (your words!) What a great feeling you must have had coming home from your Dr. appt- what wonderful news to hear!
    Good for you!

Lisa
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    Kathi Darlin'!
    It's so nice to read good news! I am sure your are utterly exhausted by now, and you deserve a week of sleep. Hey, why don't you find someone to stay with Hans and come on out to Colorado for a while? Our guest room has a door that locks, and no one will disturb you! Seriously, don't forget to take care of YOU through all of this.

Many hugs, Vicki
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Good News
    So happy for you and Hans that procedure went well and is over....
    now you both can unwind and enjoy some of this beautiful
    Springtime weather....after a few days snow flurries and cold,
    (the Cincinnati Reds played in snow showers and lost 2-1 to the
    Mets)the sun is out, in the 60s and the flowers and trees and
    birds are calling!

Barbara
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Super News
    Kathi, that is excellent news! I know you are so relieved. And check you out! Healthy and feisty! I am so happy for you. Now, let's get Hans to the same place....

Hugs,
    Kirsten
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    awesome news!
    That is great news that Hans is home and recuperating from surgery that went well! Sleeping all night the first night home speaks volumes! I will continue to pray for his recovery and well as for you! Fight on!
    mary
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    msccolon said:

awesome news!
    That is great news that Hans is home and recuperating from surgery that went well! Sleeping all night the first night home speaks volumes! I will continue to pray for his recovery and well as for you! Fight on!
    mary

Good news
    For both of you Have a wonderful day

michelle
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathi!
    Glad to hear that Hans is now in recovery and will hopefully enjoy better days.

And I'm immensely glad to hear your six month check up proved you to be the picture of perfect health! Wonderful news...

Warm hugs to you...Katie
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Yay!
    Well, that's the loveliest news I've heard today! I'm delighted for both of you! Y'all have been through the wringer. I'm very glad you're coming out of all that okay now.

*hugs*

Gail
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    GREAT NEWS!
    Awesome news on Hans, Kathi! Before you know it, the Dutchman will be back to his old cantankerous self!

Tell him Katie and I said hi.

- Bob