jonnybegood

Options
emrose
emrose Member Posts: 136
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just wanted you to know that my husband will be getting chemo #3 tomorrow right along with you! I've read your posts and know you are having a hard time - so is he. Last night I told him that there was a man on the cancer board who is going to have #3 on Tuesday and that he was struggling with some of the exact same side effects. I think it was slightly reassuring to my husband (who has not yet decided to come here for support, not sure if he will) that there was someone else going through this with him - on the EXACT same path! Since it was comforting to him, I thought I'd share with you too :) So, with a long week ahead of you - just remember you are not alone!!

You will both be in the single digits soon, with only 9 treatments left! (I know, I know... he hates when I say that - 9 seems like a million right now! But, it's doable! You really are getting there! Tomorrow is one step closer!)

Comments

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    thank you
    so much for the support.in this journey we sometimes feel alone.its this board that keeps me going[and my husband].screen names can be decieving.i chose mine after my horse whom i love very much.always wanted one since i was a little girl and now i have one at age 44.please tell your husband to hang in there and then we can hang in there together.im going to see if i can get some sleep and get ready for #3.good luck and Godbless.....johnnybegood
  • emrose
    Options
    Your right!
    Screen names can be deceiving! Sorry about that! Either way - it's all the same! You're both going for #3 tomorrow and will get through this "together"

We'll be thinkin of ya! Good luck!
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
    emrose said:

Your right!
    Screen names can be deceiving! Sorry about that! Either way - it's all the same! You're both going for #3 tomorrow and will get through this "together"

We'll be thinkin of ya! Good luck!

I'm thinking of both of you :)
    I think that's just great that there are two of you going through the same kind of treatment and on the same schedule. Well, no, I don't think it's great that either of you have to go through any of this stuff, but since you have to, it's great to have a buddy, even if it's all through cyberland.

EmRose... tell your hubby that anytime he feels he might want to come down here, even just to read about what we are all up to, then tell him he is more than welcome and we can always add another stump for someone to sit on.

I just thought I'd pop in here and tell you both... since I know you are both starting #3 tomorrow, I will be thinking of you and putting out thoughts that #3 will go easier than the first two.

Huggggggggs,

Cheryl
  • emrose
    Options

I'm thinking of both of you :)
    I think that's just great that there are two of you going through the same kind of treatment and on the same schedule. Well, no, I don't think it's great that either of you have to go through any of this stuff, but since you have to, it's great to have a buddy, even if it's all through cyberland.

EmRose... tell your hubby that anytime he feels he might want to come down here, even just to read about what we are all up to, then tell him he is more than welcome and we can always add another stump for someone to sit on.

I just thought I'd pop in here and tell you both... since I know you are both starting #3 tomorrow, I will be thinking of you and putting out thoughts that #3 will go easier than the first two.

Huggggggggs,

Cheryl

Thanks cheryl
    I really appreciate that! My husband appreciates this board, even though he doesn't visit himself. I've passed on a lot of advice! Not sure why he doesn't come here himself, but it's just not how he wants to deal with this right now... And I'm letting him do this his own way! We cope in very different ways, but that's what makes us human I guess! Thanks for thinking of all of us!!

By the way, I love your new photo. What a cute baby! I tell ya, now that I'm pregnant I just can't get enough of them! :)
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    Wishing you both good luck
    Emrose (husband) and Johnnybgood:

I am thinking of both of you and hoping your #3 is smooth sailing. Know that we are all behind you!

And Emrose, how are YOU feeling? I am so glad you are posting. We want to hear all about your pregnancy, each step. It so LIFE affirming!

Many hugs, Vicki
  • johnnybegood
    Options
    VickiCO said:

Wishing you both good luck
    Emrose (husband) and Johnnybgood:

I am thinking of both of you and hoping your #3 is smooth sailing. Know that we are all behind you!

And Emrose, how are YOU feeling? I am so glad you are posting. We want to hear all about your pregnancy, each step. It so LIFE affirming!

Many hugs, Vicki

thanks
    to all i will be leaving in a couple of hours so all together now "get er done" try to post later Godbless.......johnnybegood
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options

thanks
    to all i will be leaving in a couple of hours so all together now "get er done" try to post later Godbless.......johnnybegood

I also...
    ...wish you both the best getting through this chemo.. I didn't find #3 to be too bad, since I had a colostomy now, my chemo has been delayed till the incision heals, hopefully in May I can resume #4, but they may want to try something different, they think the avastin caused my perforation, and may want to take it away, but I don't know, johnny and your husnamd , emrose, will get through this, just be positive and make sure you keep fighting it through, you can do it! :)
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Shayenne said:

I also...
    ...wish you both the best getting through this chemo.. I didn't find #3 to be too bad, since I had a colostomy now, my chemo has been delayed till the incision heals, hopefully in May I can resume #4, but they may want to try something different, they think the avastin caused my perforation, and may want to take it away, but I don't know, johnny and your husnamd , emrose, will get through this, just be positive and make sure you keep fighting it through, you can do it! :)

SHAYENNE
    The Dr told my husband that he could not take avastin because that can cause perforation (least he was right about that)Wrong about other things. But any way i hope you feel better soon. I hope things go well with the bag.

michelle
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    2 and 3 were the hardest for me
    Hi,

Just to let you know for me personally, the 2nd and 3rd times I got chemo were the hardest on me, and then it got a bit more tolerable from there. With lots of mets in my liver at the time, following chemo #s 2 & 3, I had some awful pains in my upper abdomen- I later realized that was in the location of my liver. We'll never know for sure, but my oncologist surmised that that pain was the chemo working on the liver tumors. I had a scan after chemo # 3- my liver mets shrunk from 12 down to just 3 visible on the scan!

Hang in there- the countdown will continue- just think of each one as being closer to being cancer free!

I'll be thinking of both of you as you go for #3.

God bless-
    Lisa
  • johnnybegood
    Options
    lisa42 said:

2 and 3 were the hardest for me
    Hi,

Just to let you know for me personally, the 2nd and 3rd times I got chemo were the hardest on me, and then it got a bit more tolerable from there. With lots of mets in my liver at the time, following chemo #s 2 & 3, I had some awful pains in my upper abdomen- I later realized that was in the location of my liver. We'll never know for sure, but my oncologist surmised that that pain was the chemo working on the liver tumors. I had a scan after chemo # 3- my liver mets shrunk from 12 down to just 3 visible on the scan!

Hang in there- the countdown will continue- just think of each one as being closer to being cancer free!

I'll be thinking of both of you as you go for #3.

God bless-
    Lisa

whew
    finally home from the onc.there was a mix up on my 5fu i come home with."miscommunication" whats new i had to sit a hour and a half longer today because somebody failed to order my meds from the supplyer in nashville.i get my treatments at a doctor wich is 50 miles away from there.if it aint one thing its another.already feeling dizzy today its going to be a long week.hugs to all and see ya in a few days.Godbless.....johnnybegood p.s. sheyanne i get to have a neulasta shot on thursday.....yippeeeee
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options

whew
    finally home from the onc.there was a mix up on my 5fu i come home with."miscommunication" whats new i had to sit a hour and a half longer today because somebody failed to order my meds from the supplyer in nashville.i get my treatments at a doctor wich is 50 miles away from there.if it aint one thing its another.already feeling dizzy today its going to be a long week.hugs to all and see ya in a few days.Godbless.....johnnybegood p.s. sheyanne i get to have a neulasta shot on thursday.....yippeeeee

I think...
    ..the shot did bring my WBC count up, which may have even helped me through my surgery, even though I got it a couple days before, it shouldn't be too bad on you :)

Michelle, thanks, I am still trying to get used to this bag, I still get confused how to change it, only changed it a couple times since I got out of the hospital, thank god for hubby who knows and helps me with this. :)

Huggss to you!
    ~Donna
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options

whew

Alright!
    Glad you got that one over with Johnny. I really get annoyed when they have a mix up too. It doesn't happen often but it does enough. I know the routine so well now that I have no problem going back to where the chemo nurses are and asking them to check my status in the system.

At first I'd just wait, and wait. I get in around 7:30 am and there were times I got out at 4-5 pm when I normally would be done by noon. Since they double up on mine and cut the other med out I usually get out of there by 1 pm. Not too bad and I don't feel 1/2 as bad as I did when I got the 2 meds.

Anyway, that's off topic. I'm real glad you got this one under your belt but as Gilda Radner said as Rosanne Rosannadanna "It's always something".

Be well,
    -phil