If anyone is interested I put my story" Cancer Changes Everthing"

Options
FAPMom47
FAPMom47 Member Posts: 68
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I wrote about my experience with the big "C". It does not have every detail but it has the biggest part of it. I went through alot more then that, but I didn't put the personal stuff in it. It has not been an easy journey, but I would not give up! I have been fighting all my life and I have learned alot. I appreciate the people on this board for replying, and I know how alot of you feel. It is an awful thing to go through but I feel it has made me a better person.

Much Love and Hugs
Jackie

Comments

• CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Where?
    Where did you write about it, Jackie?
  • shoppergal
    shoppergal Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Cancer Changes Everything
    Hi Jackie, I just read your story, and I wanted to tell you that I'm so sorry for everything that you've been thru. It makes me sad that you've had to endure so much. I'm really not a religious person but I like to think that I'm quite spiritual, and I always felt that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. We might never know the reasons why he/she does the things that he/she does and I don't try to figure out the why. But I agree that it truly does makes us better people but I also think it makes us alot stronger. It's not an easy journey and at times we feel like we can't go on but that's when we realize how strong we are. I wish you all the best and you will be in my thoughts and prayers :)
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

Cancer Changes Everything
    Hi Jackie, I just read your story, and I wanted to tell you that I'm so sorry for everything that you've been thru. It makes me sad that you've had to endure so much. I'm really not a religious person but I like to think that I'm quite spiritual, and I always felt that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. We might never know the reasons why he/she does the things that he/she does and I don't try to figure out the why. But I agree that it truly does makes us better people but I also think it makes us alot stronger. It's not an easy journey and at times we feel like we can't go on but that's when we realize how strong we are. I wish you all the best and you will be in my thoughts and prayers :)

so tough
    hey girl just read your story,you are one tough girl.i wish i had your strength.i just cant get over feeling sorry for myself and then people like you who are worse off than me can get thru this than i just need to suck it up and say i think i can.its the oxy and 5fu that is killing me.i go for #3 tomarrow and i feel sick just thinking about it.prayers to you and Godbless you for everything you have been thru....johnnybegood
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

so tough
    hey girl just read your story,you are one tough girl.i wish i had your strength.i just cant get over feeling sorry for myself and then people like you who are worse off than me can get thru this than i just need to suck it up and say i think i can.its the oxy and 5fu that is killing me.i go for #3 tomarrow and i feel sick just thinking about it.prayers to you and Godbless you for everything you have been thru....johnnybegood

Johhnybegood
    My husband was the same, same chemo he had your same thoughs too he would just think about chemo and would get sick even if he drove by the chemo place he would get sick chemo is very hard for people to take but he did do it for the six months . the required time. and sure was glad when the last treatment ended. I think you have great strength heck your doing chemo that takes alot of strength.

michelle
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

Johhnybegood
    My husband was the same, same chemo he had your same thoughs too he would just think about chemo and would get sick even if he drove by the chemo place he would get sick chemo is very hard for people to take but he did do it for the six months . the required time. and sure was glad when the last treatment ended. I think you have great strength heck your doing chemo that takes alot of strength.

michelle

thanks
    i do a lot of reading here and not much posting.i do know of your situation and am so sorry.thanks for the vote of confidence it is much needed.just got off the phone with my mom and stepdad[who by the way live in scottsdale]they said think of the chemo as something you dont like to do but you know you have to do.take care and Godbless to the both of you....johnnybegood
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

thanks
    i do a lot of reading here and not much posting.i do know of your situation and am so sorry.thanks for the vote of confidence it is much needed.just got off the phone with my mom and stepdad[who by the way live in scottsdale]they said think of the chemo as something you dont like to do but you know you have to do.take care and Godbless to the both of you....johnnybegood

Johhnybegood
    I too am sorry,Thats where my husband received the chemo at the virinia g piper cancer center scottsdale az. Thanks for listening and reading.

michelle
  • FAPMom47
    Options

Where?
    Where did you write about it, Jackie?

Cheryl
    I wrote it in my expresions about me.
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Can't find it.
    I looked in expressions but don't see it. Help! I'd like to read your story. :o)

Diane
  • FAPMom47
    Options

Can't find it.
    I looked in expressions but don't see it. Help! I'd like to read your story. :o)

Diane

Diane I hope this works....
    I think is you go to my csn page, it should come up, click on "Cancer Changes Everything". I hope it works let me know, I have just started this posting and I realize that there are others going through it, too. I appreciate your interest. Is there somewhere I can read about you?
    Much Love and Prayers
    Jackie
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    FAPMom47 said:

Diane I hope this works....
    I think is you go to my csn page, it should come up, click on "Cancer Changes Everything". I hope it works let me know, I have just started this posting and I realize that there are others going through it, too. I appreciate your interest. Is there somewhere I can read about you?
    Much Love and Prayers
    Jackie

Thanks Jackie!
    I found it! God bless you, my sister! You've been through so much!

Diane
  • FAPMom47
    Options

Thanks Jackie!
    I found it! God bless you, my sister! You've been through so much!

Diane

Diane
    I really enjoy talking to all of the people on this board. I appreciate all the support. I don't really go out, lately I have been looking and reading, never posting. But I have nobody to talk to, my life is hard, too much to get into tonight. Thank you for reading it is a true nightmare, but I lived it for a reason.

Much Love and Prayers your way!!! God Bless You, TOOOOOO!!!!!
    Jackie