Buzzard.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    colon2 said:

Diane, All I wanted to do was tell Buzzard that we missed him and needed him to come back. I was afraid that this post would stir things up again. That is not what i wanted. I want us to all try and forgive each other if we have ben offended. Please remember that we are all under stress, and sometimes we take things the wrong way. I as a christian, totally understand what you mean when you say that we all deserve Hell, because of Adam's sin. Please remember as we go into this Easter season, that He said "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do" Please don't leave. I wanted Buzzard back, not lose someone else.
    God Bless You, Carletta

Don't Go!
    Please don't go diane, everyone has their own opinions on religion, I really like your posts, and I'm getting really upset about losing people on this board...We should all be sticking together through thick and thin and not care what others are going to believe or not, I didn't see these offensive posts, or what is said, and dont want too, This is getting sad with people leaving because of this....

Please all stay together, we need each other..well, I need you all anyway.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

In a nutshell
    In a nutshell... My remark was only meant as a reply to another Christian who had posted a Christian remark.

That being said, I will no longer post here.

Thanks for the help I have received thus far and God bless.

Diane

Please stay and let's all STOP now, please!
    I'm not going to say one more word on the religion controversy, because it upsets me very much. I just want to say that I hope you will continue to post on this board and come here for comfort and information.

I'm distressed that people on both sides of this issue here have been so intolerant and so rough on each other. Let's all be nice and tell each other that we're praying for each other or thinking of each other, whatever feels right. We're all in a fight against the beast, NOT each other.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Oh, for goodness' sake!
    I thought we were past all this- I've bit my tongue a couple a few times, and I'm not going to go into my beliefs again now- but I'm so sad that some people- Phil especially- can't seem to let this go. Phil- I realize that some of the "religious" replies got off on a tangent a bit (not all, but some- perhaps mine did), but please, please- let it go now.
    I'm sad that this thread was to try to talk to Buzzard and now the very reason he probably left the board has started up here again on the thread to try to get him back! The comments weren't directed at you- I'm sad that you felt the need to interject.
    Ok, so I'm interjecting now, too. I understand that you and some of the others do not believe the same, and that's okay, but let's not be so hostile sounding, ok?

Moving on....
    Lisa
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    lisa42 said:

Oh, for goodness' sake!
    I thought we were past all this- I've bit my tongue a couple a few times, and I'm not going to go into my beliefs again now- but I'm so sad that some people- Phil especially- can't seem to let this go. Phil- I realize that some of the "religious" replies got off on a tangent a bit (not all, but some- perhaps mine did), but please, please- let it go now.
    I'm sad that this thread was to try to talk to Buzzard and now the very reason he probably left the board has started up here again on the thread to try to get him back! The comments weren't directed at you- I'm sad that you felt the need to interject.
    Ok, so I'm interjecting now, too. I understand that you and some of the others do not believe the same, and that's okay, but let's not be so hostile sounding, ok?

Moving on....
    Lisa

Send him an email
    we are all capable of doing that. Oh, and lying is OK
    Got it now, thanks
  • tiny one
    tiny one Member Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Please stay and let's all STOP now, please!
    I'm not going to say one more word on the religion controversy, because it upsets me very much. I just want to say that I hope you will continue to post on this board and come here for comfort and information.

I'm distressed that people on both sides of this issue here have been so intolerant and so rough on each other. Let's all be nice and tell each other that we're praying for each other or thinking of each other, whatever feels right. We're all in a fight against the beast, NOT each other.

*hugs*
    Gail

Survivors
    We are all cancer survivors. We all draw support and caring from each other. Cancer is hard to deal with but this board has made it easier. I've gotten some good advice from good people. Hope everyone is doing good and beating the monster. Lots of love.
  • ADKer
    ADKer Member Posts: 147
    Options
    lisa42 said:

Oh, for goodness' sake!

Moving on....
    Lisa

I hate to see anyone leave
    I believe that one of the primary points that Phil was trying to make, before the discussion became more personal, was that no one begrudes anyone any religious beliefs that bring comfort and help in coping with this disease; also, no one particularly has a problem with requests for prayer, or posts indicating prayers of support. This is an important point and clearly was intended to be inclusive and help people feel comfortable on this board. I appreciate Phil's effort in this regard because I beieve that it was intended to help retain participation on this board.

I have never read a post as gentle and well-articulated as Hatshepsut's and I wish that more effort would be directed in trying to understand what she was asking for. It saddens me to think of people trying to cope with this disease being unable to use all resources available, including this board. I personally agree that the original post objected to was inappropriate for this board - not evil, or bad in any way - just inappropriate for this board. There is a time and a place for everything. I just don't understand what is so difficult about the concept that the purpose of this board is for the exchange of information and support about colorectal cancer and emphatic declarations about one's religious beliefs should be done elsewhere.
  • glinka65
    glinka65 Member Posts: 132
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Send him an email
    we are all capable of doing that. Oh, and lying is OK
    Got it now, thanks

LISA
    DONT LET HER BOTHER YOU BROTHER, JUST AN ANGRY PERSON!!!!! KEEP JAMMIN!!! TOMMY
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    ADKer said:

I believe that one of the primary points that Phil was trying to make, before the discussion became more personal, was that no one begrudes anyone any religious beliefs that bring comfort and help in coping with this disease; also, no one particularly has a problem with requests for prayer, or posts indicating prayers of support. This is an important point and clearly was intended to be inclusive and help people feel comfortable on this board. I appreciate Phil's effort in this regard because I beieve that it was intended to help retain participation on this board.

I have never read a post as gentle and well-articulated as Hatshepsut's and I wish that more effort would be directed in trying to understand what she was asking for. It saddens me to think of people trying to cope with this disease being unable to use all resources available, including this board. I personally agree that the original post objected to was inappropriate for this board - not evil, or bad in any way - just inappropriate for this board. There is a time and a place for everything. I just don't understand what is so difficult about the concept that the purpose of this board is for the exchange of information and support about colorectal cancer and emphatic declarations about one's religious beliefs should be done elsewhere.

Sinking to posting photos of cute kids to calm things down...
    That is sooooooo great. What beautiful girls you have. Look, I tend to get even crankier (if you can believe that) on chemo days which yesterday was #181 if my count is correct. I may be off a few in either direction. FYI: There are ways to send people private emails. All one has to do is to add them as a friend, and even if they don't return the favor you can still send them emails. Maybe sometimes things that really aren't cancer related and are more a personal nature with a fellow member that many are not interested in might be more appropriately handled that way? I guess we'd all have to decide for ourselves what's personal and what is private. Does it help the group or is it a personal question or inquiry? Just my thoughts on that. I will do my best to keep that in mind, much of this could have been avoided/resolved if I addressed the ones involved. Well, I did and it kept going but I didn't do it privately. I never tried to tell anyone what they can or can not believe in either. I seem to continually misquoted on that one. I'm as sick of this as the next person but it's the continuing spread of misinformation that gets my goat. But you know, that's part of makes the world go around isn't it...

The people who have commented publicly or privately in an email to me, I thank for your support and understanding of the issues. I can understand why many of you choose to email me privately, I haven't had as much fun as it looks I have. I have to keep in mind that we live in many different parts of the World or of America and there are cultural and regional differences that may make some us uncomfortable at times with how others are and what they believe and care to share it.

I agree with you on Hatshepsut's comments. Very eloquent. I hope and pray that things go well for her and her husband.

ADKer, thank you for your comments. You did read and understand the point(s) I was trying to make. Lisa42, thank you too. Even though you yelled at me :-).
    No one deserves this disease at all and I wish you the best and hope to be able to answer questions if you may have any. Also, I will try to turn the other cheek. I know what happened, others know what happened and that is what matters if even any of this really matters at all. Which I don't think it does because people in general hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe. My point, which I think we mostly are trying to stick to, is to help each other get through cancer. I also think our hearts are in the right spots, but sometimes things get messed up in my/our delivery.

The best to all. Say whatever you want to/about me if you feel the need to, but then let's try to stick to fighting cancer. Fighting with each other is easy, fighting cancer isn't as easy.
    -phil
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Sinking to posting photos of cute kids to calm things down...
    That is sooooooo great. What beautiful girls you have. Look, I tend to get even crankier (if you can believe that) on chemo days which yesterday was #181 if my count is correct. I may be off a few in either direction. FYI: There are ways to send people private emails. All one has to do is to add them as a friend, and even if they don't return the favor you can still send them emails. Maybe sometimes things that really aren't cancer related and are more a personal nature with a fellow member that many are not interested in might be more appropriately handled that way? I guess we'd all have to decide for ourselves what's personal and what is private. Does it help the group or is it a personal question or inquiry? Just my thoughts on that. I will do my best to keep that in mind, much of this could have been avoided/resolved if I addressed the ones involved. Well, I did and it kept going but I didn't do it privately. I never tried to tell anyone what they can or can not believe in either. I seem to continually misquoted on that one. I'm as sick of this as the next person but it's the continuing spread of misinformation that gets my goat. But you know, that's part of makes the world go around isn't it...

The people who have commented publicly or privately in an email to me, I thank for your support and understanding of the issues. I can understand why many of you choose to email me privately, I haven't had as much fun as it looks I have. I have to keep in mind that we live in many different parts of the World or of America and there are cultural and regional differences that may make some us uncomfortable at times with how others are and what they believe and care to share it.

I agree with you on Hatshepsut's comments. Very eloquent. I hope and pray that things go well for her and her husband.

ADKer, thank you for your comments. You did read and understand the point(s) I was trying to make. Lisa42, thank you too. Even though you yelled at me :-).
    No one deserves this disease at all and I wish you the best and hope to be able to answer questions if you may have any. Also, I will try to turn the other cheek. I know what happened, others know what happened and that is what matters if even any of this really matters at all. Which I don't think it does because people in general hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe. My point, which I think we mostly are trying to stick to, is to help each other get through cancer. I also think our hearts are in the right spots, but sometimes things get messed up in my/our delivery.

The best to all. Say whatever you want to/about me if you feel the need to, but then let's try to stick to fighting cancer. Fighting with each other is easy, fighting cancer isn't as easy.
    -phil

Thank you, Phil!
    I was sitting on my hands... honestly! But the subject has come up again and somehow my fat rear end slipped off my hands, setting them free so here I am in the fray again :)

Ok... I was the user who responded to Diane's original post and I still stand by what I say. Call me whatever you want, but I truly was offended by the line if we don't believe in him then we deserve hell. Now that Diane has explained what she meant by that line, I still am offended by it... NOT by Diane since that is her belief, but the line itself and the explanation of the line. I am not going to go into it anymore than that because, as Phil says, everyone is going to hear what they want to hear and others who won't even be reading this topic or post, will respond to what someone else's interpretation of what is going on and then we all will jump on the bandwagon and say that is not what was said and others will be throwing quotes from the Bible ... meanwhile, everyone still has to deal with why we even found this place, which is because we all either have cancer or are very concerned, worried caregivers who are looking after someone with cancer.

Yes... some of us may come across as happy, strong, independent individuals (more power to us!) and are not letting cancer get the upper hand... but that's not to say we don't have our bad days (cranky, moody, someone should be paying for this and it shouldn't be ME, etc). When we have those bad days, there are certain sensitive trigger points. For some people, it may be having to wade through extremely long posts by Cheryl (grin)... for me, well, I think those of you who read the original post can figure out what triggers me ;) Oh wait, I found another sensitive trigger point for me... and that's hearing/knowing of people who are going through a similar illness as ours and not being able to get the proper health care/treatments because they can't afford it.

Religion and Health Care... and if we were to throw politics into the mix, I'm sure we would all have some very heated debates ;) So my answer to that... keep religion and politics off the board and then it doesn't matter whether we are believers or non-believers, right wing or left wing, we all can get along because we are all good people who happen to be fighting for their lives.

So, put the above aside... and let's talk information, sharing of experiences and knowledge and throwing in some heartwarming posts that we all can benefit from... and who cares what everyone believes or doesn't believe?

Sooooo... here's a real feel-good little video clip!! I have put this up on my Facebook Status Update and I soooo wish Vancouver would put a group like this together. I would soooo be there!! I have no idea how they managed to get all these people together to secretly put this into a reality but talk about feel good!!

Imagine Being at a Train Station or Public Area and This Happens

Hugggggs,

Cheryl
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    ADKer said:

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
    This drum has been fully beat to shreds...along with too many people's feelings. I think all sides of all points have been duly expressed by enough of us to get the various points across in the too many threads that have been going on this subject.

I can't imagine the point of this community is to provide a platform for people to assert their beliefs, opinions or feelings without any regard for others - this is a place of SUPPORT, HEALING, INFORMATION, SHARING, EMPATHY - any yes - HOPE!

This subject/topic has now reached a point where it is doing more harm than good and I suppose when considering whether or not to post something one should really consider whether or not their posts adds something of value to our community or if it's just a vehicle to assert one's own personal thoughts, feelings, position. Trust me, if you have posted more than two or three times on a subject, especially a touchy subject, we get it...you've probably said enough.

Something to consider here folks is cancer does not discriminate - it it completely tolerant. Cancer affects people of all countries, races, colors, male and female, people of all religious and spiritual walks of life, people of any sexual orientation, people of all financial demographics from the poorest of the poor to the most wealthy, the fat, the skinny, the athletes and the sedate....and countless more.... The point is CANCER is the common thread that brought us here and binds us together. I don't expect that anyone would or should agree with anything I say other than cancer sucks - what I would like to expect though, is that we are respectful enough to live and let live.

PLEASE - I urge all of us to let this go...let it be...enough said...

Oh, heavenly day, all the clouds blew away
    Got no trouble today with anyone
    The smile on your face I live only to see
    It's enough for me, baby, it's enough for me
    Oh, heavenly day, heavenly day, heavenly day... Patty Griffin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWzuLAHnGBQ
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

Thank you, Phil!
    I was sitting on my hands... honestly! But the subject has come up again and somehow my fat rear end slipped off my hands, setting them free so here I am in the fray again :)

Ok... I was the user who responded to Diane's original post and I still stand by what I say. Call me whatever you want, but I truly was offended by the line if we don't believe in him then we deserve hell. Now that Diane has explained what she meant by that line, I still am offended by it... NOT by Diane since that is her belief, but the line itself and the explanation of the line. I am not going to go into it anymore than that because, as Phil says, everyone is going to hear what they want to hear and others who won't even be reading this topic or post, will respond to what someone else's interpretation of what is going on and then we all will jump on the bandwagon and say that is not what was said and others will be throwing quotes from the Bible ... meanwhile, everyone still has to deal with why we even found this place, which is because we all either have cancer or are very concerned, worried caregivers who are looking after someone with cancer.

Yes... some of us may come across as happy, strong, independent individuals (more power to us!) and are not letting cancer get the upper hand... but that's not to say we don't have our bad days (cranky, moody, someone should be paying for this and it shouldn't be ME, etc). When we have those bad days, there are certain sensitive trigger points. For some people, it may be having to wade through extremely long posts by Cheryl (grin)... for me, well, I think those of you who read the original post can figure out what triggers me ;) Oh wait, I found another sensitive trigger point for me... and that's hearing/knowing of people who are going through a similar illness as ours and not being able to get the proper health care/treatments because they can't afford it.

Religion and Health Care... and if we were to throw politics into the mix, I'm sure we would all have some very heated debates ;) So my answer to that... keep religion and politics off the board and then it doesn't matter whether we are believers or non-believers, right wing or left wing, we all can get along because we are all good people who happen to be fighting for their lives.

So, put the above aside... and let's talk information, sharing of experiences and knowledge and throwing in some heartwarming posts that we all can benefit from... and who cares what everyone believes or doesn't believe?

Sooooo... here's a real feel-good little video clip!! I have put this up on my Facebook Status Update and I soooo wish Vancouver would put a group like this together. I would soooo be there!! I have no idea how they managed to get all these people together to secretly put this into a reality but talk about feel good!!

Hugggggs,

Cheryl

i loved
    that little video cheryl,sound of music was and still is my favorite movie of all time.that made my day and #3 is not so bad now thanks.....johnnybegood
  • sheri22
    sheri22 Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Donna
    just wondered have you gotten a scan yet how did it go if you did . I just knew you are about where I am so was wondering how it was going for you

ps glad to see you are back again hugs
    Sheri22
  • Shayenne
    Options
    sheri22 said:

Donna
    just wondered have you gotten a scan yet how did it go if you did . I just knew you are about where I am so was wondering how it was going for you

ps glad to see you are back again hugs
    Sheri22

Hi Sheri!
    No, I didn't get the scan since chemo and that has been postponed due to my emergency surgery where I now have a colostomy, and they are waiting on my incision to heal. I don't go back to the doctor till May 4, and the incision is looking good (I have a wound vacuum attavhed to me till it's better, for the next few weeks), but once I go back to the doctors, and back to the chemo and all is well, I'm sure they'll reschedule my scan, and I will let you know what happens! thanks for asking, and how have you been doing by the way? everything going ok?

Hugggsss!
    ~Donna
  • sheri22
    sheri22 Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Hi Sheri!
    No, I didn't get the scan since chemo and that has been postponed due to my emergency surgery where I now have a colostomy, and they are waiting on my incision to heal. I don't go back to the doctor till May 4, and the incision is looking good (I have a wound vacuum attavhed to me till it's better, for the next few weeks), but once I go back to the doctors, and back to the chemo and all is well, I'm sure they'll reschedule my scan, and I will let you know what happens! thanks for asking, and how have you been doing by the way? everything going ok?

Hugggsss!
    ~Donna

Donna
    Are you feeling ok? I certaainly hope so you have been thru enough already time for a break for you you always seem upbeat though, I am doing ok just had chemo yestersday have the pump til tommorrow I have a cold thought that would get me out of chemo for a week wrong other than that not bad though I am glad everything is going good with the colostomy for you, take care

Hugs Sheri22
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

i loved
    that little video cheryl,sound of music was and still is my favorite movie of all time.that made my day and #3 is not so bad now thanks.....johnnybegood

Video Clip
    Hehehe Johnny... good idea to bookmark that video clip and when you are feeling a little blue or down, go back and play it. It just gives me such a "feel good" feeling. There are groups in big cities all over the world who do these sorts of things.... where they blend in with everyone around and then boom, they break into song and dance! Of course, it's all choreographed and MADE to look like it is spontaneous, but a lot of thought and practice goes into it... and a lot of people are involved!

They also do other improv type stuff... like the one with Starbucks coffee. One of Starbucks ads is how they have wireless internet at all the Starbucks locations, with the intent being that you can bring your laptop and work/play from Starbucks while having one of their coffees. So this group went to Starbucks, a bunch of them, lugging in their desktop PCs. It was hilarious!! :D

Love that kind of stuff :) But then, I have a warped sense of humour

Hugggggs,

Cheryl
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options

Thank you, Phil!

Hugggggs,

Cheryl

love..... sound of music
    Hi Cheryl,
    That was absolutely delightful! We love Sound of Music. Our youngest daughter, Katie, who has autism loves (when she loves something she really loves it ) Sound of Music and we have all watched it over a hundred times. :)
    How joyful to come upon people dancing to Sound of Music.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Shayenne
    Options
    sheri22 said:

Donna
    Are you feeling ok? I certaainly hope so you have been thru enough already time for a break for you you always seem upbeat though, I am doing ok just had chemo yestersday have the pump til tommorrow I have a cold thought that would get me out of chemo for a week wrong other than that not bad though I am glad everything is going good with the colostomy for you, take care

Hugs Sheri22

Yep!
    I'm doing good though, I just roll with the punches and at least thank god I'm still here, no matter what happens to my body, and my kids and hubby always keep that smile on my face. I'm just glad I'm still here. You getting out of chemo for a week? I got out of it for a month with this, but scared that it will spread further if I don't keep it up every other week, I really hate putting the chemo off, when my doctor just told me that my tumors are shrinking, I just don't want them getting bigger again since this surgery :(

Huggssss!
    ~Donna