I NEED YOUR SUPPORT!

Options
vilma80
vilma80 Member Posts: 22
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My husband had his cancer caming back..Colon cancer.Pet scan cant show anyhting...blood work not either....We are so counfused...as we had 2-nd opinion,and they both cant confermd the cancer is back.While had surgery 2/09 and the surgery said that sow a lot on his stomach.Also they said that he is never going to go to the bethroom (pup) dont know who to belive.he is pupping and eating...Please who can help and give some advise...they confermed this as a stage 4.BUT NO PET SCAN.NO BLOD WORK CAN SHOW THIS CREAZY Disease.

god bless you all.

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    ask more questions
    Hi,

Wow- what a difficult thing to cope with. I'm so sorry your husband and you are having to go through this. Did they do a biopsy on what they saw in his stomach during surgery? Maybe that is how they determined the cancer is back? Did they do a CT scan or an MRI in addition to the PET and bloodwork? If you don't know, I would definitely contact the doctor(s) right away and ask them to explain to you what tests they used to determine the cancer is back. It may not change anything, but it could help you understand more what they're talking about. A third opinion could always still be an option. Have you gone to a major cancer treatment center for either of your first two opinions? You want to make sure your 2nd opinion wasn't within the same group of doctors as the first opinion. If it was, then I'd definitely get another opinion outside that first oncology group. Do you live within driving distance of any major cancer center? You can look for major cancer centers on the internet.

As scary as having the cancer come back is, don't despair too much- there is so much that can be done today. Most likely, they will be wanting to start some major chemo soon. Many patients have great success with the chemo shrinking tumors. If the doctor is not positive, then I would find someone else who is.

Keep us posted. I will pray for you and your husband to find some answers soon, and to have peace of mind while going through all of this.

God bless,
    Lisa
  • vilma80
    vilma80 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    lisa42 said:

ask more questions
    Hi,

Wow- what a difficult thing to cope with. I'm so sorry your husband and you are having to go through this. Did they do a biopsy on what they saw in his stomach during surgery? Maybe that is how they determined the cancer is back? Did they do a CT scan or an MRI in addition to the PET and bloodwork? If you don't know, I would definitely contact the doctor(s) right away and ask them to explain to you what tests they used to determine the cancer is back. It may not change anything, but it could help you understand more what they're talking about. A third opinion could always still be an option. Have you gone to a major cancer treatment center for either of your first two opinions? You want to make sure your 2nd opinion wasn't within the same group of doctors as the first opinion. If it was, then I'd definitely get another opinion outside that first oncology group. Do you live within driving distance of any major cancer center? You can look for major cancer centers on the internet.

As scary as having the cancer come back is, don't despair too much- there is so much that can be done today. Most likely, they will be wanting to start some major chemo soon. Many patients have great success with the chemo shrinking tumors. If the doctor is not positive, then I would find someone else who is.

Keep us posted. I will pray for you and your husband to find some answers soon, and to have peace of mind while going through all of this.

God bless,
    Lisa

Lisa,
    Thanks so much on your

Lisa,
    Thanks so much on your replay.
    Yes pathology report did confermed the type of cancer,as signet cell.We just did a 2-nd opinion at not a same goup of doctors.I dont know...the type of cancer it is rare,and he has no history in his family.

God bless you Lisa for you great supprot.

thanks.
    Vilma.
  • sheri22
    sheri22 Member Posts: 273
    Options
    vilma80 said:

Lisa,
    Thanks so much on your

Lisa,
    Thanks so much on your replay.
    Yes pathology report did confermed the type of cancer,as signet cell.We just did a 2-nd opinion at not a same goup of doctors.I dont know...the type of cancer it is rare,and he has no history in his family.

God bless you Lisa for you great supprot.

thanks.
    Vilma.

hang in there
    Vilma,
    Hi just read your comment and Lisas comment, she always gives good advice only thing I can ad to it is the hardest part of this ca is the waiting. Hope you and your husband get your answers soon and can start fighting .this disease.

God bless
    Sheri22
  • jenben59
    jenben59 Member Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Support is here
    Support is great at this site, especially from those that have been around a long time. They know so much about treatments, what to look forward to and how to "breath" and relax and move forward. I don't know what I would do without them. I'm rather new, so I don't know as much, but I do know that I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best.