Options
2»

Comments

• celinelvr
    celinelvr Member Posts: 30
    Options
    rjjj said:

Hi Joy
    Glad you got the first one over, that one is the toughest. I had my fifth one today and it has gotten better each time. mainly because i have learned how to deal with side-effects. Keep posting on this board of amazingly supportive sisters, we will all be here for you night or day so please keep us posted.

Like Moopy said drink LOTS of water I drink almost 4 liters a day everyday! but i love water. I had mouth burning also. Fluids and lots of them help. I like to suck on fruit popsicles and i eat way to much icecream!!! Try to avoid spicy foods and anything with alot of citric acid ..I love,love,love tomatoes but i'll have to wait until i'm done and my garden is growing.(not long now!!)

I also get my blood drawn once a week. This is a good thing since i have not had to have the nuelasta shot until this last time. And by the way super-shot worked wonderful and i didn't even have any bone aches. My counts were very good today.They do always give me claritin and anti nausea meds infusion before ea. treatments. I started out taking the compazine when i got home but found i didn't need it after the first treatment and the ativan worked better. I only need that for a few days though.

sweet and peaceful dreams to you tonight.
    jackie

Glad things went well...
    Jackie; Glad things went well. Hurray for all the others also.
    Just wanted to be there for you as all of you have been for me!
    I only have 2 more to go but seems worse every time. (emotional and can't sleep)
    Oh well, it will be over soon for all of us.
    God Bless, Milly
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

Yes Moopy
    We did it together today!! my counts were back up and April 26th (a Thur.) will be the last one!! can you believe it Moopster? I love you my friend for being with me each step on the way. I am so happy also that Mimi is following the flashlight out of the tunnel,
    God Bless
    Jackie

With You
    I knew you were with me, yesterday, my MT sister Jackie. And we will be together every step ahead, until we are celebrating and laughing in the sunshine together.

I thank God for this board that has brought all of us together. As Tiny Tim said, May God bless us, every one.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    celinelvr said:

Glad things went well...
    I only have 2 more to go but seems worse every time. (emotional and can't sleep)
    God Bless, Milly

Milly
    I am sorry that your chemo was so hard. Like the others who posted, slowing the drip helped me with the side effects. Not to keep on about Ativan, but I do use it as needed to help with sleep and anxiety, especially on the first nights after chemo. I also have Zanaz that I use occasionally. Benedryl also helps me sleep. Without something, the steroids in the chemo and the steroid pills that I take beforehand will just not let me sleep. You might call your doctor to ask about something that would help.

Maybe also thinking of the purpose of the drugs will help with some of the stress, which increases the emotional and sleep problems. I just think of the drugs as a powerful arsenal in my fight against cancer. I think of warriors joining me in the fight, and I welcome them. I don't like the term "red devil" for adriamycin; if I think of it, I just figure, I am glad that particular devil is fighting on my side. I really do literally in my mind say "Welcome" as my chemo drip begins. And I mean it. If these drugs can kill or prevent the cancer beast, I will handle--with God's grace and the love and support of our sisters here and my family/friends--anything I have to.

So, please Milly, just remember why you are getting these treatments. Your life is precious, and worth fighting for. Tolerate what you have to, but always alert nurses and your doctor as they can help you. And we are here for you, too. Between us all, you will get through just as our sisters before us have.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    celinelvr said:

Glad things went well...
    God Bless, Milly

Good to hear from you Milly
    I am glad to hear from you, and have thinking about you. I know how you must still be grieving. You have had so many losses. I am praying for you. You sound very strong though and I know you can beat this!
    Thank you for wanting to be there for me also when you have so much of your own, That just shows what a blessing you will become to others when you get through your own battle. Have you tried ativan or any sleep aids at all? Ativan really helps me. Your rest is very important.
    Only two left..thats something to look forward to. Do you have to do radiation following? I will have 6 weeks.Keep posting and let us know how you are. we are here for you nite or day.

praying for sweet and peaceful dreams tonight for us and all our sisters.
    Jackie
  • peggy65
    peggy65 Member Posts: 100
    Options
    good luck on your next
    good luck on your next chemo. i will be thinking of you. as they say, one day at a time. blessings, peggy
  • peggy65
    peggy65 Member Posts: 100
    Options
    rjjj said:

Good to hear from you Milly
    I am glad to hear from you, and have thinking about you. I know how you must still be grieving. You have had so many losses. I am praying for you. You sound very strong though and I know you can beat this!
    Thank you for wanting to be there for me also when you have so much of your own, That just shows what a blessing you will become to others when you get through your own battle. Have you tried ativan or any sleep aids at all? Ativan really helps me. Your rest is very important.
    Only two left..thats something to look forward to. Do you have to do radiation following? I will have 6 weeks.Keep posting and let us know how you are. we are here for you nite or day.

praying for sweet and peaceful dreams tonight for us and all our sisters.
    Jackie

i had similar problems with
    i had similar problems with my chemo. good luck with your next treatment. you friday girls! i will be thinking and praying for you. feel better, blessings, peggy
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    peggy65 said:

good luck on your next
    good luck on your next chemo. i will be thinking of you. as they say, one day at a time. blessings, peggy

Yes, good luck to you
    Yes, good luck to you ladies! You can do it! HUGS!
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Yes, good luck to you
    Yes, good luck to you ladies! You can do it! HUGS!

You are amazing
    You are all such amazing, wise, compassionate, wonderful women. Thank you for writing here. It's the best place to come when I can't sleep, because I see how brave and strong all of you are.
    Good luck on your Friday chemo appointment, Jackie.
    Lots of love,
    Debi