Kumbaya

Options
scouty
scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just realized Kumbaya and Key West both start with the letter K!!! Lord knows this board could use a little of both SO............

How bout attending Colon Palooza 7 in Key West Oct 21-25 to experience first hand what this board is really all about. FYI, I can guarantee you we do not talk about religion or politics like has been done on here the last few days. Talk is cheap so we prefer to walk the talk and let our actions speak for us. Everyone is welcome and I can assure you that your sides will ache from the laughter with some of the most awesome people you will ever meet, fellow semi-colons!!!!

There are other threads about CP7 if you want to learn more or feel free to contact me if you have questions.

As Stacy referred to in her thread, there have been other somewhat contentious threads over the years but as a "graduate", I kind of laugh about them now but mostly I miss those that were part of our family back then. Cancer is serious stuff and this board is much more about helping and healing, it is not about any one individual or any one belief. Diversity makes the world go round so come join us in sunny Florida to watch some beautiful sunsets, catch a few rays and see why Hemingway loved it.

We only have 5 more rooms at the great rates. I can get more but I'm not sure the rates will be as good. The more the merrier!!!

I would like to ask some of the others that attend the Paloozas to tell you what attending the event means/meant to them, especially those that have been "newbies" the last few years.

Thanks in advance and I hope to see you in Key West.

SEMI-COLONS ROCK!!!!!

Lisa P.

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    With a heavy heart...
    I must pass on this year.

Last Monday Hans was admitted for a heart procedure that was set for a quick in-and-out stay of overnight. Long story short, he was still there a week later. He had stopped breathing for about 3 minutes, and his heart stopped during the procedure. He was agitated and combative after the end of the procedure, and had to be sedated. For 3 days. He has suffered some brain functioning loss, especially in the short-term memory. We hope it is temporary.

So, unless things get better, we need to stick close to home. We were scheduled for Holland in mid-April and that, too, has been put on hold. He is home, recovering physically, for another procedure to be done on Tuesday next. His heart is beating 120-130 per minute.

This is awful. If you all can spare a prayer, I would love it.

Hugs, Kathi
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

With a heavy heart...

Last Monday Hans was admitted for a heart procedure that was set for a quick in-and-out stay of overnight. Long story short, he was still there a week later. He had stopped breathing for about 3 minutes, and his heart stopped during the procedure. He was agitated and combative after the end of the procedure, and had to be sedated. For 3 days. He has suffered some brain functioning loss, especially in the short-term memory. We hope it is temporary.

So, unless things get better, we need to stick close to home. We were scheduled for Holland in mid-April and that, too, has been put on hold. He is home, recovering physically, for another procedure to be done on Tuesday next. His heart is beating 120-130 per minute.

Hugs, Kathi

It's Done
    I hope things improve for Hans. I've always had you in my thoughts and prayers but will crank it up!!!

We won't count you out just yet and loads of positive mojo coming your way Kathi.

Lisa P.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

With a heavy heart...

Hugs, Kathi

you got it
    You got it, Kathi- I definitely have extra prayers coming!

Lisa
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    KathiM said:

With a heavy heart...

Hugs, Kathi

You got it my friend!
    I am so sorry Hans is having a rough time. I hold you both in my prayers.

Vicki
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    VickiCO said:

You got it my friend!
    I am so sorry Hans is having a rough time. I hold you both in my prayers.

Vicki

sorry
    I will say a prayer.
    michelle
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

With a heavy heart...

Hugs, Kathi

was wondering where you had gotten to
    I see you are back to your really cool all spiffed up pic! I definitely have added Hans to my prayer list, and will be sure to add extras for you, his care giver, and his medical staff.
    mary
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

With a heavy heart...

Hugs, Kathi

So sorry to hear the news
    So sorry to hear the news about your husband, but for sure you can count on my prayers too.