simo0620
simo0620 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
which is better neuprogen or nulasta?

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    should be buttons we can click on to vote!
    I really didn't care one way or the other, they both worked for me. The advantage/disadvantage of the Neulasta is that it works for a longer period of time, but it also can't be given within a certain number of days of your next chemo round, so that often determines which you'll get. I think Neulasta is more expensive as well.
    mary
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I take neupogen
    I don't think there is a difference in the efficacy of the two, however, Neulasta is given as a single dose and Neupogen is given over 3 days. I don't know the requirements at your particular clinic but I am able to give myself the Neupogen shots at home for 3 days in a row the week before my treatment (Wed, Thurs and Fri before the Monday infusion). If I did the Neulasta they give it on disconnect day and I prefer to have my husband do my disconnect at home as it saves me a drive into NYC. I also believe that the Neupogen shots are much less expensive than Neulasta.

Giving myself the shots is easy and painless. The first time I had them I did have pain in my rib cage and spine but I took some tylenol and Ambien and was out through the 2 nights I experienced discomfort.