reoccurance

dbloxom
dbloxom Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
4 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with colorectal cancer and it was in stage 0. Six months later I had another colonoscopy and no cancer cells but another large polyp was removed. In a week I am scheduled for another colonoscopy. Based on the experience of others how long did it take for the cancer to return after the first occurance?

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    boy, if THAT isn't a loaded question!
    You were one of the lucky ones, your cancer was caught very early! You don't even need to be fishing for information on how long it might be until reoccurance! You are doing exactly what you need to be doing by having the follow up colonoscopies! You will find that most reoccurances are from cancer that was initially a higher stage than you were! Good luck with your upcoming colonoscopy and let us know how it goes, ok?
    mary
  • dbloxom
    dbloxom Member Posts: 7
    msccolon said:

boy, if THAT isn't a loaded question!
    You were one of the lucky ones, your cancer was caught very early! You don't even need to be fishing for information on how long it might be until reoccurance! You are doing exactly what you need to be doing by having the follow up colonoscopies! You will find that most reoccurances are from cancer that was initially a higher stage than you were! Good luck with your upcoming colonoscopy and let us know how it goes, ok?
    mary

So the chances of my cancer returning are very slim?
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Loaded for true!
    Mary's right. That IS a loaded question. Considering your initial stage, I would not be too worried, but always be consistent with your checkups. You are on the right path. Best wishes for your results to keep you NED!

Kirsten
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Keep getting the checkups
    I think since you caught it so early that if stay on top of it you will do have to worry about it. Just don't feel that since 1 or 2 checkups were good that you will be fine and blow off getting followups.
    -p