Buzzard

Options
nudgie
nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I read everyone's thoughts and opinions in regards to the Religious....Forum post and have been inspired to provide my "own" thought and/or opinion to this matter, which I will keep very simple:

1) United States was founded/formed on Christian beliefs, so why are certain people requesting these foundations be broken?
2) "In God We Trust" is printed on the back of U.S. Currency (see foundations). So, I can assume the person or persons requesting we change our beliefs, does not touch or use U.S. Currency.
3) "In God We Trust" is also found in our Judicial System and Buildings, so I can once again assume that the person or persons requesting this change DO NOT enter or step inside these buildings?
4) The Holy Bible can be found in bed side tables of motels and hotels, so I can once again assume that the person or persons requesting this change DOES NOT use such motels or hotels in the U.S.?
5) President's have closed speeches with the words "God Bless Amercia", so I can assume that the person or persons requesting this change DO NOT VOTE.

I could go on forever, but will take this time to say, I am a PROUD CHRISTIAN and BELIEVE IN GOD and will SHOUT IT TO THE HEAVENS and if someone in particular does not have my beliefs or does not belief in God, then that is their life, beliefs, etc., and I would NOT REQUEST them to change or become like me. This is what makes us different, which brings culture and opinions to the forfront.

I am particular tired of the "few" that continue to force this issue to the front, just because their beliefs are different. If I said I don't believe the earth is round, does not give me the right to force or push my belief on everyone else.

I feel sorry for all those who turn a blind eye :(

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Interesting... Buzzard- please stay- also- note to Cheryl Hutch
    It's interesting (and sad to me) that the very beliefs our nation were founded on are the very beliefs that seem to get the most bashing and trampling on in our society today. Yes, I'm aware of people saying how some of our founding fathers were really deists and not Christians. That is probably true with a handful of them- but certainly not true of most of them. If anyone reads the original writings of George Washington and later of Abraham Lincoln (which are sadly omitted out of most school textbooks now- our school and government leaders today don't seem to want most people to know how very religious these first leaders of our country actually were), they were filled with their beliefs in God.

Anyhow, we're probably really veering off from things related to this site now... But, yes, it is our freedom and right to express our views, as well as it is the freedom and rights of others to state that they don't believe in the same way. It's NOT the freedom and rights of others, however, to insist that some should not be able to state these beliefs! As someone else said, what offends some doesn't offend others- just click off of it, if it does offend.

I hope we can all get back to supporting each other here, whether that be emotionally, spiritually, or just medically with good 'ol solid advice that we've learned through doctors, websites, or our own personal experiences.

To Buzzard- please stay and keep posting!!!!! P.S. I tried clicking on your profile to send a private email. I don't know if that's an option or not (Cheryl Hutch mentioned she's still available by email but won't be posting in here for a while- I haven't checked her profile yet to see if it's actually something we can do- maybe I'll let her cool off before I try.)

Cheryl- I'm sad for you that you've taken offense to references to God, and I've really enjoyed all of your posts- you're funny, insightful, and have really been a cheerleader to people who need the cheer to keep going, look at things in another way, etc. I'll be missing your posts if you truly do choose to stay off this website. Cheryl- if you're reading this- please think about it and reconsider coming back. Click off what you don't want to read and don't take well-intentioned comments personally. People have been encouraged by your heartfelt posts and, I for one, will miss hearing from you!

Anyhow- Buzzard- think of it as your ministry here- you're a church elder and you know that as the disciples of Christ experienced- certainly not everyone is going to appreciate what you have to say. In fact, it will make some quite hostile. But, to some, your words of advice re. relying on God and on praying for them is sooo very appreciated and some people here will really be missing out on some great advice and encouragement if you give up this website. Take care and take time to pray about it, if needed!

To everyone else- I like the saying a friend of mine from where I used to work has- "Stay strong!" I know this particular friend of mine isn't a Christian, but I always appreciated that heartfelt saying of hers- she experienced cancer herself and came through it and that was her "mantra", if you will. So, I'm going to mix the two-

God bless, and "Stay strong!"-
    Lisa
  • rrob
    rrob Member Posts: 158
    Options
    Beliefs
    Sorry, I removed my post. Just don't know how to withdraw it entirely.

Rebecca