Holy Crap!!!!

snommintj
snommintj Member Posts: 601
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Man, I go fishin' for a couple of days and the board goes all loopy. When I was diagnosed I diversified almost immediately. What does that mean? Well, I'll tell you.

I categorized all my friends by religion. Then I contacted the ones that I thought might have the most influence with their GOD. Then I asked each one of them to pray for me and a favorable outcome.
I never asked anyone to pray for me to get well. I asked for them to pray for an outcome that would be most beneficial for my family.
I covered almost all the bases, I had protestants, catholics, orthodox, jews, muslims, hindus, buddhists, scientologists, and wiccans praying, meditating, chanting and dancing for a favorable outcome.
Part of my family is creek indian, I had a medicine man come to my house to help me contact my ancestors.
I've been dipped in more oil than a chicken leg at KFC. I've been sprinkled more than ice cream. I've bowed my head more than monica lewinski (has it been to long to make monica jokes).

The truth is, most people believe in something. If I can get enough people thinking about me in a positive frame of mind, I believe I can beat this thing. I certainly don't fault anyone for their belief system. I consider freedom of religion to be the most important of our rights. So please ask whomever you believe in to shine a ray a light in my direction, and all those burdened with this disease.

Somebody's got to be right, I hope it's you. I personally believe that Jehova, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Vishnu, Yahway, Jupiter, Thor, The Great Spirit, and Chuck Norris all run in the same pack. Our belief in them is virtually inherent in our DNA. So if they are all the same being great, then I'm covered. If not, and only one is the man, then I hope I have enough of the right spokesmen representing me. I say regardless of what you believe, try to get some other believers on your team.

Comments

• spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    IN LINE!
    snommintj -

HA! I just posted to Buzzard and then read your post! Partner, you and I are in lock-step! Great post (especially the line about "I've been dipped in more oil than a chicken leg at KFC. I've been sprinkled more than ice cream. I've bowed my head more than monica lewinski"

You be well & keep that great attitude.

- SB
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    I HEAR YOU!
    Whether it's your dog (yes, mine helped me a LOT!), your spouse, your children or your GOD, I believe we all have a right to share what GETS US THROUGH! This is still America, and this is EVERYONE'S FORUM! God bless all of you!

Kirsten
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    High Five!
    My sentiments EXACTLY! Thanks for your great post and for making me laugh....

Good stuff...
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    ROFL!
    OMG! I had the best laugh reading your post! I particularly liked the "I've been dipped in more oil than a chicken leg at KFC"!
    mary
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    THANK YOU...THANK YOU
    Some sense has been interjected....

'Nough said. Vicki
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    rights
    Yes, thank you!

I believe it is our right to say what we believe and feel here. If someone else were to post about their beliefs and I didn't agree and didn't want to read it, then I would just close out that post and go on to something else. I would NOT insist that they stop (unless it was truly vile, profane, etc.)- but NOT if it was just about their belief system and how it helped them get through the sufferings of cancer. This is America- the home of the free!

Lisa
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    lisa42 said:

rights
    Yes, thank you!

I believe it is our right to say what we believe and feel here. If someone else were to post about their beliefs and I didn't agree and didn't want to read it, then I would just close out that post and go on to something else. I would NOT insist that they stop (unless it was truly vile, profane, etc.)- but NOT if it was just about their belief system and how it helped them get through the sufferings of cancer. This is America- the home of the free!

Lisa

awesome
    I liked your post
    michelle
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Leave Buzzard Alone!
    Hey, Y'all,

Remember that guy crying, "Leave Brittany alone!" in that U-Tube video? Well, consider this a virtual "Leave Buzzard Alone!" cry. He's inspiring, consoling and sharing.

Kirsten
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    laughing
    That was well said and made me laugh, too!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tiny one
    tiny one Member Posts: 465 Member
    Believing
    My Cancer Support group got a big laugh out of the chicken leg and Monica Lewinski thing. Sending good energy your way and I hope a big beam of light unburdens you. I've had energy healing done. Have you ever tried it?