head-covers

Options
2»

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

Hi girls, I also wore
    Hi girls, I also wore scarves when going bald, and mine was during the summer. Just wanted to advise you that silk scarves tend to be slippery little rascals, so you may want to go with cotton scarves instead. They also tend to make your head hotter. I really found that wearing baseball caps worked the best for me. And when I did have to go all out and get dressed up then I wore my wig. Hugs, Lili

silk scarves
    Good to know, Lili. I sometimes make the mistake of glamour (ha!) over practicality. I wouldn't want a silk scarf to be sliding off my head while I am trying to look cool and sophisticated!
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    mimivac said:

silk scarves
    Good to know, Lili. I sometimes make the mistake of glamour (ha!) over practicality. I wouldn't want a silk scarf to be sliding off my head while I am trying to look cool and sophisticated!

LOL Mimi, can you imagine?
    LOL Mimi, can you imagine? What a funny picture. But, even though they are very pretty, they are slippery especially on a shiny bald head. I wore them with a light colored cotton bandana underneath so they wouldn't slide off. Hope this helps. Hugs, Lili
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    The TLC catalog can be
    The TLC catalog can be ordered for free on the ACS website. It has some ideas on how to tie scarves, though I could not get mine to look like the pics, no matter how often I read the directions. They do sell a wide variety of options. I wound up using the scarves to accessorize the hats (wrapped them around and tied a knot). A tip for keeping cool in the summer is to use a cotton bandana or thin cotton cap which have been dampened in cool water, then wear a sun hat over it (or wear it alone). You can also look up a local branch of "look good, feel better" via ACS. It's a survivors' support group focused around helping us to.....you guessed it....look good and feel better!

Take care, seof