Has anyone ever had sypmtoms like this...

Sonia32
Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Ok I will apologise if this seems a silly question, so sorry, that's out of the way.:-)

Since I got my Stage 3 news, and I had that funny turn, where I felt lightheaded I got scared that I was going to pas out then,racing heart, flatulence,going to toilet for n2 (sorry) then I felt sick and was better, even though I was still checked at the hospital, and we agreed it was because I had worked myself up, server stress. I did mention also to the hospital that I had eaten prawns a few hrs before, with half a glass of beer (the later I only had because I was down, wont be doing it again)
Symptoms actually felt like bad gastritis, had gaviscon which helped.

Yesterday, family came over, we are renting my inlaws house. And they were reading the post, and they mentioned a council tax bill, which they will pay but it concerned me.
I went upstairs to rest, my husband got me a cake (I hadn't had cake in weeks). After I had eaten it, about 15 mins later, hear started racing, flatulence, going to toilet etc. Didn't panic like I did tuesday, husband calmed me down with deep breathing exercises, and gaviscon.
I know I shouldnt have but I looked up online, and people have had similar symptoms after different surgeries.
Wondering if anyone else has had such symptoms, is it a combination of eating rich foods that doesn't do you good, feeling stressed (as i think when you feel stressed your stomach produces more acid)? Is it acid reflux?? as the gaviscon helps the symptoms. The main think is as its started since Tuesday I think stress has a lot to do with it?
lol sorry just rambling on, as you would with your family members, I'm doing that with my new online forum family.
Hugs to all
Sonia

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Gallbladder ??
    A number of us developed gall bladder problems after being dx'd. Rapid weight loss can cause this. Rich foods are a big trigger.

I'll eat carefully and have gall bladder surgery after my chemo is over.
  • Sonia32

Gallbladder ??
    A number of us developed gall bladder problems after being dx'd. Rapid weight loss can cause this. Rich foods are a big trigger.

I'll eat carefully and have gall bladder surgery after my chemo is over.

Thanks Diane
    Just seen you bumped up the gallbladder thread for me, awww thank you. Still getting to grips on how this forum works, btw thank you for adding me as your friend :-)
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Sonia32 said:

Thanks Diane
    Just seen you bumped up the gallbladder thread for me, awww thank you. Still getting to grips on how this forum works, btw thank you for adding me as your friend :-)

You're so welcome!
    We're all in this together, Sonia!

Praying for you by name!
    Diane
  • polarprincess
    polarprincess Member Posts: 202
    hi
    it almost sounds like dumping syndrome... you should google it and see what it says. I know it is common in people after having gastric bypass surgery... have you had a resection i assume? Depending on where you were resected.. i don't imagine dumping syndrome would be unheard of.
  • Sonia32
    Thanks polar princess
    I googled it this morning, symptoms are all that I have had since Tuesday & Saturday. Spoke to my GP this morning, and she thinks it sounds like that as well. She says it might just clear up on its on. But she can't give me anything as it's still to early from surgery. She's told me to keep a food diary, and see what sets it off. So far on my list, prawns, chocolate and curries lol. She says I can continue to take gaviscon, which helps, and I should mention it to my surgeon once I see him for a check up. Honestly feel better, knowing its nothing sinister, just another annoying thing you have to put up with.
    Big hugs, thank you for replying
    Sonia