FINALLY got the report!

Options
tootsie1
tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I had my mammogram a week ago on Friday, and I finally got the letter today stating that results were normal! I was getting quite anxious, so that made me feel wonderful. For all the ladies on here, they did include a sentence with information I already knew (and you probably do, too), that women who have had colorectal cancer are more at risk for breast cancer. So make sure you get yourselves checked!

*hugs*
Gail

Comments

• polarprincess
    polarprincess Member Posts: 202
    Options
    hi
    congrats on your normal results! Great news! I need to get mine done soon as well. Why are we more at risk for breast cancer? I hadn't heard that one... great...i actually fear breast cancer worse than my colon cancer...
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Hi Gail,
    I'm so glad to hear

Hi Gail,

I'm so glad to hear your good mammogram results! I've heard of the colon cancer-breast cancer link, but isn't that only for people who have the gene (forgot what it's called- BRAC something or other?) I thought that's related to the Lynch syndrome that is hereditary and related more to colorectal tumors that are right side instead of left side. Does anyone else out there know if that's the case or not?

Again, so glad to hear your good news Gail-

Blessings,
    Lisa
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    good news
    Gail,
    Great news. I know the waiting is hard, but it is so good to have good news! Thanks for sharing.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Mammogram and Port
    Glad your mammogram turned out ok. I did not get one last year because
    of surgery/chemo but still went to gyn doc for exam. Was concerned about
    having one with the location of my port which is sort of low. This is
    something I need to call about and go ahead with. Thanks for the reminder.

Barbara
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    lisa42 said:

Hi Gail,
    I'm so glad to hear

Hi Gail,

I'm so glad to hear your good mammogram results! I've heard of the colon cancer-breast cancer link, but isn't that only for people who have the gene (forgot what it's called- BRAC something or other?) I thought that's related to the Lynch syndrome that is hereditary and related more to colorectal tumors that are right side instead of left side. Does anyone else out there know if that's the case or not?

Again, so glad to hear your good news Gail-

Blessings,
    Lisa

not sure
    I'm not sure of the answer to that. It didn't say anything about the gene in the letter. If anyone finds out anything, I'd like to know, too.

*hugs*
    Gail