Facial skin

jaavon2002
jaavon2002 Member Posts: 57
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
It's just over a week since my first chemo treatment and I've been getting black spots on my face. It started on the right side and now it's starting on the left side. Is this normal??

Also, I wanted to ask...I want to try some beans, maybe pinto, with rice but I am scared. Can anyone tolerate beans??

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    spots
    I noticed spots on my face as well--darker spots but not black. I don't go for another chemo treatment until 4/7 but I think I will call one of the oncology nurses regarding this and maybe it is a side effect and that it will go away. I am also going to a "Look Good, Feel Better" seminar given at the center regarding skin changes and what you need to do for your skin. Also shows how and what type of make-up to use. This seminar isn't until the third Wednesday of April. If the oncology nurses can't give me an answer maybe I can contact one of the women putting on the seminar to give insight.

As for foods--I have been able to eat anything even pepperoni pizza. Some things do taste differently for a few days after treatment but a week later everything seems to taste fine except sodas and I tried a beer. Those two things taste flat to me for about 10 days. It also took me 1 1/2 hours to drink one beer (12 oz) last week.

If you try something do it in small amounts and see if your stomach does the circus high act. If no swinging on the trapeze then you know you can eat more.

Hugs and prayers,
    Margo
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

spots
    I noticed spots on my face as well--darker spots but not black. I don't go for another chemo treatment until 4/7 but I think I will call one of the oncology nurses regarding this and maybe it is a side effect and that it will go away. I am also going to a "Look Good, Feel Better" seminar given at the center regarding skin changes and what you need to do for your skin. Also shows how and what type of make-up to use. This seminar isn't until the third Wednesday of April. If the oncology nurses can't give me an answer maybe I can contact one of the women putting on the seminar to give insight.

As for foods--I have been able to eat anything even pepperoni pizza. Some things do taste differently for a few days after treatment but a week later everything seems to taste fine except sodas and I tried a beer. Those two things taste flat to me for about 10 days. It also took me 1 1/2 hours to drink one beer (12 oz) last week.

If you try something do it in small amounts and see if your stomach does the circus high act. If no swinging on the trapeze then you know you can eat more.

Hugs and prayers,
    Margo

side effects of Cytoxan
    I just researched the chemo drugs (Adriamycin w/Cytoxan) that I am on right now:

One of the side effects of Cytoxan is hyperpigmentation which is what we are both seeing and also others. It is also a side effect of Taxol.

So hopefully these spots will go away after treatment.

Margo