Options
2»

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    neda said:

I am getting radiation too.
    I am getting radiation too. my Dr had told tha that Idon't have to put any type of cream or lotion at least 4 hours befor radiation. and I usualy put the lotion after the treatment and at night and that is it. I don't know if I am right or not. this was what I have been told to do.my lotion is called Biofine.

Good luck to you.

Hi Neda
    My radiation oncologist told me to not put anything on my skin, 4 hours prior to my treatment, so, I don't. After my treatment and at night, I use the Biofine that they prescribed for me too. I am also using hydrocortisone under the Biofine, as I have a little of what they call " radiation dermatitis ", which are a few little red bumps that itch somewhat. Good luck to you too!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    The first time, years ago
    I got burnt, like a bad sunburn. But, it went away after I finished radiation and I was left with a tan. This time, nothing so far, but, I am only starting. I am using a creme that they gave me even if I don't need it yet. I may try aloe vera. I have read on here and other sites that it is good. I need to check with the radiation oncologist first though. It seems a lot of things can interfere with the radiation.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Kristin N said:

The first time, years ago
    I got burnt, like a bad sunburn. But, it went away after I finished radiation and I was left with a tan. This time, nothing so far, but, I am only starting. I am using a creme that they gave me even if I don't need it yet. I may try aloe vera. I have read on here and other sites that it is good. I need to check with the radiation oncologist first though. It seems a lot of things can interfere with the radiation.

But, I am getting tired
    But, I am getting tired already. I seem to need a lot of sleep, but, I don't sleep really well.