Breast cancer

claims101
claims101 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Diagnosed with breast approx three months ago two different tumors, surgery is scheduled for Tuesday double masectomy, is it normal to experience tenderness in the "sick" breast?

Comments

• Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
    Need More Info
    Sorry we have to meet this way, but...you will find a lot of helpful ladies here. You have not said what kind of cancer you have, if biopsies were done, which breast it is, or if it is in both. If you can share a little more information, maybe it will help someone to give you a better answer. And I am not too clear about what you mean about your "sick" breast. I think there are some of us who, pre surgery had pain and tenderness and some who had none. I had two kinds of breast cancer...ductal and lobular, stage 1 and I had no pain whatsoever from it pre surgery. I did the lumpectomy and radiation. You also have not said what stage yours is and what the follow up treatment will be. Please post again so someone else who has experienced the same can answer you. I send you a hug...Cindy
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Hi.......
    I was having intense itching, which then turned to pain in my breast before I was diagnosed.
    The Drs. whom I questioned about it told me the same thing...there is no pain with breast cancer, so don't worry about it.
    I beg to differ...........it WAS bc. The pain was caused because the tumor was large and part of it was near the surface, thus irritating nerves and causing pain.

CR
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    CR1954 said:

Hi.......
    I was having intense itching, which then turned to pain in my breast before I was diagnosed.
    The Drs. whom I questioned about it told me the same thing...there is no pain with breast cancer, so don't worry about it.
    I beg to differ...........it WAS bc. The pain was caused because the tumor was large and part of it was near the surface, thus irritating nerves and causing pain.

CR

Cindy
    My lump also hurt, when i went in for mamogram then biopsy they also told me it was a good sign that it hurt because that didn't usually indicate a tumor. Before the ultrasound was even over the radiologist told me 99% sure it was cancer. The biopsy that they told me usually never hurts..almost did me in!! It continued to hurt until the mastectomy. 2.5 tumor and 6 positive lymph nodes.

please post us again and let us know a little more. You will receive so much valuable and insightful information and support, and true kindred sisters to help you each step of the way.
    God Bless,
    Jackie