Son supported MOM today

tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My 5 1/2 year old support me by having a buzz cut after I had my head shaved today. The local newspaper was there as well as some friends and family.

My head feels a lot better.

Comments

• chriss26
    chriss26 Member Posts: 18
    Children are a gift!
    I know how hard shaving your head was. I am glad you had your beautiful son there to do the same. You are his hero and he is yours! God Bless! Chris
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Aren't kids great? They are
    Aren't kids great? They are our best supporters. You should post the picture on your expressions page. Hugs, Lili
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    mine did too
    My son did this with me also except he is 25, and looks good in a buzz, unlike his mom.LOL! Thats way cool that the newspaper was there and your loved ones. Sounds like you have many who love you for support..You also have your supportive friends here.

I know this is a really emotional thing but as i keep telling myself...it will grow back. I am glad your head feels better. Mine really hurt right before my hubby shaved it. I would love you to post us the pic from the newspaper.
    God Bless
    jackie
  • tommaseena
    rjjj said:

mine did too
    My son did this with me also except he is 25, and looks good in a buzz, unlike his mom.LOL! Thats way cool that the newspaper was there and your loved ones. Sounds like you have many who love you for support..You also have your supportive friends here.

I know this is a really emotional thing but as i keep telling myself...it will grow back. I am glad your head feels better. Mine really hurt right before my hubby shaved it. I would love you to post us the pic from the newspaper.
    God Bless
    jackie

news article
    Here is the link to the news article:
    http://kennebecjournal.mainetoday.com/news/local/6118705.html

It was a great day and the support has been wonderful.

Margo
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    There are just no words for
    There are just no words for how special this was! I just read the article and it really touched my heart! Your little guy has a heart filled with love for his mommy. Thank you so much for sharing such an uplifting moment in your life with us.

HUGS to you any your little guy,

RE
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member

news article

Margo

Thanks Margo
    Thanks for sharing your day and your photo with us. You are so beautiful, hair or none. Your little boy is such a sweet reason to fight with all your might! The article was uplifting and i could feel how much you are loved by all.
    Your friend
    Jackie
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

news article

Margo

AWWWWWWWW!!!!
    If "Mother's Love" had a definition, it would show your picture in the Dictionary! You are truly beautiful! Thanks so much for the heartwarming story...you are a gem!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • chetra
    chetra Member Posts: 17
    Tears in my eyes
    What a heartwarming story.Wonderful to see your great support. Tommaseena prayers are with you. It shows that you are a great fighter. Hugs
    Chetra
  • tommaseena
    Thanks
    Thank you all.

Hugs coming your way.

Margo
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Margo, I read the story and
    Margo, I read the story and it was love(ly). I am moved to give you some advice that I can't take myself, but still it is a goal, sometimes. I am moved to do this thing because you are already following this advice. It is as follows: What ever you are forced to do with this treatment, look for a way to do it that will bless you, your family, or others. This is what has happened with your hair cut. It is some kind of triumph, huh, when we can take something not so good and find in it some good and bring that forth. Congratulations to you and your son for your style and thanks for reminding me to have a little more too! love, Joyce
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077

Margo, I read the story and
    Margo, I read the story and it was love(ly). I am moved to give you some advice that I can't take myself, but still it is a goal, sometimes. I am moved to do this thing because you are already following this advice. It is as follows: What ever you are forced to do with this treatment, look for a way to do it that will bless you, your family, or others. This is what has happened with your hair cut. It is some kind of triumph, huh, when we can take something not so good and find in it some good and bring that forth. Congratulations to you and your son for your style and thanks for reminding me to have a little more too! love, Joyce

It's moments like these...
    ...that keep us going, and hoping, and fighting with all we have. How powerful a moment for a momma and her boy. A story to share for a lifetime.
    Melanie
  • tommaseena

It's moments like these...
    ...that keep us going, and hoping, and fighting with all we have. How powerful a moment for a momma and her boy. A story to share for a lifetime.
    Melanie

placement of article
    When they printed the story they put the story right next to the obits and I wrote a letter to the editor stating that his lay out staff needs to do a better job at where they put articles.

When I saw the article in print I said to myself that the person in this article will not be in the obits for a very long time. I had to write to the editor since family and friends thought it was less than tasteful for the paper to do that.

I feel much better since I wrote to them so maybe this won't happen again to someone else and they really have a field day with the paper.

Margo
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655

placement of article
    When they printed the story they put the story right next to the obits and I wrote a letter to the editor stating that his lay out staff needs to do a better job at where they put articles.

When I saw the article in print I said to myself that the person in this article will not be in the obits for a very long time. I had to write to the editor since family and friends thought it was less than tasteful for the paper to do that.

I feel much better since I wrote to them so maybe this won't happen again to someone else and they really have a field day with the paper.

Margo

a hair cut
    I had my head shave for about 2 weeks when I was able to get together with 2 of my grandsons. One 4 the other 5, after having to explain why Nanny had not hair the left the room with funny looks on there faces. They each after about 20 mins started to call for there moms to come to them, both of my girls came out with big old smile on there face. Now they would not tell me why but my older girl pulled her husband aside and whispered something in his ear. He left the room with a big dopey smile on his face. It wan not long after that when I was presented with 2 little boys with bald heads. It seems Daniel and Adien decided that if I could be bald so could they. You got to love the little goofballs. Been 6 months now and they keep on refusing to grow there hair back till I do. It is the funniest thing when the 3 of us go to the store, everyone just stares away at 3 baldies doing the shopping.
    Smiles
    Tjhay
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    tjhay said:

a hair cut
    I had my head shave for about 2 weeks when I was able to get together with 2 of my grandsons. One 4 the other 5, after having to explain why Nanny had not hair the left the room with funny looks on there faces. They each after about 20 mins started to call for there moms to come to them, both of my girls came out with big old smile on there face. Now they would not tell me why but my older girl pulled her husband aside and whispered something in his ear. He left the room with a big dopey smile on his face. It wan not long after that when I was presented with 2 little boys with bald heads. It seems Daniel and Adien decided that if I could be bald so could they. You got to love the little goofballs. Been 6 months now and they keep on refusing to grow there hair back till I do. It is the funniest thing when the 3 of us go to the store, everyone just stares away at 3 baldies doing the shopping.
    Smiles
    Tjhay

Children are amazing...my
    Children are amazing...my daughter had her hair cut (18 inches!!) and donated it to "Locks for Love" the day I was given the news just to show her support and to let me know she was there for me. (Sniff...sniff) I cried because I hadn't given any thought as to how much my children really loved me till that day.