neighbor just diagnosed

ismetals
ismetals Member Posts: 69
edited March 2014 in Kidney Cancer #1
I just brought my neighbor into the hospital for his first treatment. he's 72 and has kidney cancer among others. He's going to get some sort of bacterial treatment. Can anyone tell me more about it?

Comments

• cashche
    cashche Member Posts: 7
    Hi
    Is it possible he is going to be treated with a pill called Sutent? That is the latest and greatest. I had my kidney removed Nov 4 2008 and started Sutent at the beginning of March after my 90 day follow up.

Sherie
  • ismetals
    cashche said:

Hi
    Is it possible he is going to be treated with a pill called Sutent? That is the latest and greatest. I had my kidney removed Nov 4 2008 and started Sutent at the beginning of March after my 90 day follow up.

Sherie

He still has both kidneys.
    He still has both kidneys. What they did was insert some sort of bacteria into his kidney under general anastesia. He does'nt seem to be having any side effects. Just wondering to look for at this point
  • bangormom
    bangormom Member Posts: 58
    ismetals said:

He still has both kidneys.
    He still has both kidneys. What they did was insert some sort of bacteria into his kidney under general anastesia. He does'nt seem to be having any side effects. Just wondering to look for at this point

Hi,
    Never heard of this, but

Hi,

Never heard of this, but please keep us posted I want to know how it turns out.

Maryann
  • ismetals
    bangormom said:

Hi,
    Never heard of this, but

Hi,

Never heard of this, but please keep us posted I want to know how it turns out.

Maryann

I shure will
    I'll do my best to keeep you up to date on my neighbor Joe's treatment. It's been 6 days now since his injection? with some sort of bacteria dirrectly into his kidneys. He has no side effects or pain at this time. I'll be checking on him often and will, as all cancer patients, hope for the best.