cancer fight

Options
tiny one
tiny one Member Posts: 465 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I have been cancer free for 2 years. Just wondered if anyone has any tips on how to locate someone I'd like to talk to from my past. Since I fought the big fight I feel the need to locate a few people in my life to give closure to some issues. God bless.

Comments

• CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
    locating people
    You could try some of the social networks like Facebook or MySpace. It is no guarantee but if they are on either one, then you can search for them. I have found so many friends from my past... even long lost family members :) That's not to say there aren't a lot who aren't on either one... people have to register to be searchable, but more and more people are using these social networks... which can be very addicting to boot :)

Huggggggs,

Cheryl
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    Face Book
    I would try looking them up on Facebook, I have recently found my long lost HS buddy. Havent spoken to her since Graduation and now we are back in touch. Its great, its free and just takes a little time, you might get lucky. There are other ways too, but most of them you have to pay something. Myspace is another one where you can locate people. Good Luck in your search!

God Bless
    Beth

CHeryl, guess we are on the same wave lengh this morning, LOL
  • shoppergal
    shoppergal Member Posts: 118
    Options
    cancer fight
    Cogratulations that you've been cancer free for 2yrs. I can't wait till I can say that.I just recently got in touch with someone who had been my best friend for many years and even introduced me to my husband. We haven't been in contact for 30yrs and I always thought about her and really missed her. I guess when I got cancer I thought about her even more because she had been my best friend and we had so much fun together. I realized so much more that life is short and that you rarely meet great friends like her. What I did was google her name and the last place I knew that she lived. A couple of different sites came up that do the search for you for a fee. I don't recall the name of the one I used but I remember it cost $50,but believe me it was well worth it plus more!! In the month that I found her I've already gone to visit her, and we speak or email each other every day. I was lucky that she lived basically in the same area because she had gotten married, but she was listed by both her maiden name and married name. It helped that I knew her family and all their names.The more info you can give, the better. Good luck in your search, I don't think you'll regret it.:)
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    finding someone
    If this person went to school with you, a reunion committee may have their updated info. Also, on Facebook, I added my maiden name so people could search for me who might not know my married name (almost 39 years!). I had a number of people from high school add me right away. Whitepages.com or 411.com can help with a search for anyone with the same last name in the area where you were when you knew the person. A phone call to someone with that last name might give you a married name or even contact information.

Many times just a google will bring up a thread where the person has posted a thought on something, etc. If all else fails, I found one younger relative of my husband on the Social Security Death index. He'd been killed in Vietnam.

Good luck!

Diane