Options
2»

Comments

• tatooedinpink
    tatooedinpink Member Posts: 95
    Options
    RE said:

nipple or no nipple that is the question
    I have decided to go with the nipple and the tattooing around it. For me I figured what the heck I might as well get back to as natural a me as possible. I was told I have to wait 6 months after the final implant is place in me so it can totally settle so the nipple can be placed in the exact right spot.

My best to you!

RE

nipples and tatooing
    Hi girls, I am new to site, and haven't read much yet, but thought I would respond to some of your thoughts and questions, since I've been thru entire process now. I had reconstruction with expanders, then the implants, nipples constructed, and tatooing completed. I am happy that I chose to go through with nipples and tatooing. My surgeon recommended that I do it, and I am glad I listened. I just feel more normal with the total look :-)

My tatooing didn't take too well, probably due to radiation, but it was good enough to add some color. They had to touch it up, so received tatooing twice ( I had a lot of sensation during the procedure, and had to have a local for second tattooing (I can elaborate on my experience if anyone needs that info).

I didn't have to wait that long between reconstruction, nipple construction and tatooing, a few weeks between all procedures. Anyway, I am finally now not using Vicodin or ibuprofen daily and breasts starting to feel a little better. I have some lymphedema and dimpling on left side under arm. Not quite as pretty there, but overall I am happy with entire process. It is amazing what they can do.

I was a 34AA before and still not large at a 34C (small C), but am VERY happy with results. We had to stop expanding due to some tissue problem on radiated side.

Blessings to all of you as you continue through your various stages.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

nipples and tatooing
    Hi girls, I am new to site, and haven't read much yet, but thought I would respond to some of your thoughts and questions, since I've been thru entire process now. I had reconstruction with expanders, then the implants, nipples constructed, and tatooing completed. I am happy that I chose to go through with nipples and tatooing. My surgeon recommended that I do it, and I am glad I listened. I just feel more normal with the total look :-)

My tatooing didn't take too well, probably due to radiation, but it was good enough to add some color. They had to touch it up, so received tatooing twice ( I had a lot of sensation during the procedure, and had to have a local for second tattooing (I can elaborate on my experience if anyone needs that info).

I didn't have to wait that long between reconstruction, nipple construction and tatooing, a few weeks between all procedures. Anyway, I am finally now not using Vicodin or ibuprofen daily and breasts starting to feel a little better. I have some lymphedema and dimpling on left side under arm. Not quite as pretty there, but overall I am happy with entire process. It is amazing what they can do.

I was a 34AA before and still not large at a 34C (small C), but am VERY happy with results. We had to stop expanding due to some tissue problem on radiated side.

Welcome, tatooedinpink!
    I am really new here, too. Not even a week. Am already so glad to be here - I'm sure you will be, too.

Thanks for sharing your story. Happy to know things are going well for you.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    Options

nipples and tatooing

• Christmas Girl
    Options

nipples and tatooing