Chemo is not for me...

Options
2»

Comments

• redriverartist
    redriverartist Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Katreen, you CAN do it!
    "Roller Coaster" is the best description. I found the lump on Oct 6 (2008), all the testing and rec'd the "c" word diagnosis. Had a modified radical on Oct. 22. Whew, very fast....... I've now finished 4 rounds of A/C and 3 rounds of Taxol - my last one is Monday. I wanted to quit 100 times. One day at a time, dear sister, one day at a time. The three F words got me through it - faith, family and friends.

We're with you, Teresa
  • bahallock
    bahallock Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Don't Quit
    Please talk to someone! There is a Breast Cancer center in my area that has a counselor. I also uped my antidepressants. I have Fybromialgia and already struggled with depression, fatigue and bone pain. There were days I didn't think I would ever feel good again, but I just finished my last round of chemo and will start radiation soon. I'm scared alot but what helped me the most was logging on this discussion board and just telling people I needed to talk and they helped. It is really hard will you feel awful to reach out and ask for help, but please do. B
  • sunnygirl
    sunnygirl Member Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Katreen, you CAN do it!
    "Roller Coaster" is the best description. I found the lump on Oct 6 (2008), all the testing and rec'd the "c" word diagnosis. Had a modified radical on Oct. 22. Whew, very fast....... I've now finished 4 rounds of A/C and 3 rounds of Taxol - my last one is Monday. I wanted to quit 100 times. One day at a time, dear sister, one day at a time. The three F words got me through it - faith, family and friends.

We're with you, Teresa

AC x4 + taxolx4
    Teresa,
    I'M having the same chemo regiman you had. My last AC (#4) is next Tuesday. Did you find the taxol easier to deal with?? My PA says it will be and I see they don't load you up with the nausea meds with the taxol--just antihistimine. I'm hoping for easier:) Cheryl
  • redriverartist
    redriverartist Member Posts: 54
    Options
    sunnygirl said:

AC x4 + taxolx4
    Teresa,
    I'M having the same chemo regiman you had. My last AC (#4) is next Tuesday. Did you find the taxol easier to deal with?? My PA says it will be and I see they don't load you up with the nausea meds with the taxol--just antihistimine. I'm hoping for easier:) Cheryl

Hi, Cheryl -
    Yes, definitely! In fact, my hair is starting to grow back on the Taxol. The side effects last about 3 days and then it's all over until the next treatment. I think the Neulasta has a great deal to do with it - what a miracle drug that is!!!!

I'll be anxious to know how you make it with Taxol. It's so different with each of us. And I heard all the horror stories. But nothing is as horrible as A/C - at least for me.

Hugs, Teresa