Options
2»

Comments

• Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    VickiCO said:

Thanks Diane
    Day two - I woke up with nausea.By the time I went to chemo (2pm) it had settled. They gave me Kytril by push. Kytril seems to be my best aid for nausea. I am home and a bit tired tonight...but that's to be expected.

I am having bad pains in my hip joints (have had it for a few weeks) Today the nurses said it's residual chemo. Apparently it settles in large joints. I finish this mop-up in June. They said it would clear up probably by fall! Yikes. Unfortunately I am allergic to almost all anti-inflammatory drugs, and the Fentynal isn't touching it. So, I just flip one way and then the other to try to relieve the pains. I am close to being able to sit up properly without pain in the rectum surgery site, and I think that will help as well.

Thanks for the prayers. These are minor complaints compared to many of our friends here. And I am tough enough to get over it!

Vicki

Hi Buddy......
    Now that you mentioned it I did have the hip pain also...I think its from rotating back and forth all day to keep off the sore tail and holding it up all day using the hips.....Glad its not to awful bad but considering the other I think that you are doing great myself...Hang in there girl...your almost home.....God Bless ya hun
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You got it...wishing you luck and restored health!
    Hello Vicki ~

Glad you are getting through this round of chemo...it's one day at a time, right? I'll be keeping you in my very best thoughts and prayers.

Hey, if that Kytril works well for you, I hear they now also make it in a pill form. Perhaps your onc can give you a prescription for residual nausea. If not, Zofran and Emend work great.

And I'm curious that you mention hip pain...my hips hurt while I was on chemo too, and now I have a dandy little case of arthritis in my hips and elbows. I can't take NSAIDs or even plain old aspirin because of my stomach issues (ulcers and abnormal cells), so it's Tylenol only, and just like you, I just move from side-to-side to get comfy...but I'm glad I'm cancer free and otherwise fairly healthy.

Let us know how you fare by the end of the week...we're pulling for you :)

Hugs,
    Katie
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    VickiCO said:

Thanks Diane
    Day two - I woke up with nausea.By the time I went to chemo (2pm) it had settled. They gave me Kytril by push. Kytril seems to be my best aid for nausea. I am home and a bit tired tonight...but that's to be expected.

I am having bad pains in my hip joints (have had it for a few weeks) Today the nurses said it's residual chemo. Apparently it settles in large joints. I finish this mop-up in June. They said it would clear up probably by fall! Yikes. Unfortunately I am allergic to almost all anti-inflammatory drugs, and the Fentynal isn't touching it. So, I just flip one way and then the other to try to relieve the pains. I am close to being able to sit up properly without pain in the rectum surgery site, and I think that will help as well.

Thanks for the prayers. These are minor complaints compared to many of our friends here. And I am tough enough to get over it!

Vicki

Vicki
    I'm so sorry that you woke up feeling ill. That has to be a bummer to be thinking you are handling it and wake up sick. I'm glad it settled down for you before your next chemo treatment.

Sorry about your pain too. It sure doesn't help going through chemo and then trying to deal with another pain too.

You are in my prayers for continued recovery

Hugs!
    Kim
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    usakat said:

You got it...wishing you luck and restored health!
    Hello Vicki ~

Glad you are getting through this round of chemo...it's one day at a time, right? I'll be keeping you in my very best thoughts and prayers.

Hey, if that Kytril works well for you, I hear they now also make it in a pill form. Perhaps your onc can give you a prescription for residual nausea. If not, Zofran and Emend work great.

And I'm curious that you mention hip pain...my hips hurt while I was on chemo too, and now I have a dandy little case of arthritis in my hips and elbows. I can't take NSAIDs or even plain old aspirin because of my stomach issues (ulcers and abnormal cells), so it's Tylenol only, and just like you, I just move from side-to-side to get comfy...but I'm glad I'm cancer free and otherwise fairly healthy.

Let us know how you fare by the end of the week...we're pulling for you :)

Hugs,
    Katie

Thanks Katie
    Yes, in my last chemo round they gave my Kytril pills. I think since I only have 3 more days this time, they will keep pushing it. It works either way.

I will try Tylenol, but not sure it will help this kind of pain (joint). I am also worried about arthritis. I have bad knees already (before cancer), and this will probably increase that. But hey! I am cancer free! It's a trade-off I can LIVE with!

Vicki
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    VickiCO said:

Thanks Katie
    Yes, in my last chemo round they gave my Kytril pills. I think since I only have 3 more days this time, they will keep pushing it. It works either way.

I will try Tylenol, but not sure it will help this kind of pain (joint). I am also worried about arthritis. I have bad knees already (before cancer), and this will probably increase that. But hey! I am cancer free! It's a trade-off I can LIVE with!

Vicki

Thanks for the update!
    I go for chemo at 9:30. Praying my white count is up!

God bless and will remember that hip pain in my prayers!
    Diane
  • VickiCO
    Options

Thanks for the update!
    I go for chemo at 9:30. Praying my white count is up!

God bless and will remember that hip pain in my prayers!
    Diane

Good Luck Diane!
    I will be thinking of you today. I woke up with no more nausea. Yeah! Actually, I am doing very well. I slept a lot last night, which is different. Usually I wake every couple of hours.

We are all in this together! Lisa, how are you?

Vicki
  • polarprincess
    polarprincess Member Posts: 202
    Options
    hi
    boy i wish i had your doctor!! i had a very early T1 polyp with no adverse factors with only 1 node involved.. an early stage I had i not had the node.. after my surgery i was all clear, and no residual cancer, yet i still had to get 12 rounds of chemo plus 6 weeks chemo/radiation... so way to go girl!!
    I don't want to freak you out, but if the fentanyl patch isn't touching your pain, i would seriously consider getting off of it.. my brother's best friend in novemeber woke up to find his 36 year old wife dead.. and the autopsy came back it was from the fentanyl patch,..turns out thousands have died from this...(do a google search) it malfunctions and leaks too much of the medication into the system... and a person gets overdosed... at the very least please make sure you are following all of the precautions listed with the drug..
  • VickiCO
    Options

hi
    boy i wish i had your doctor!! i had a very early T1 polyp with no adverse factors with only 1 node involved.. an early stage I had i not had the node.. after my surgery i was all clear, and no residual cancer, yet i still had to get 12 rounds of chemo plus 6 weeks chemo/radiation... so way to go girl!!
    I don't want to freak you out, but if the fentanyl patch isn't touching your pain, i would seriously consider getting off of it.. my brother's best friend in novemeber woke up to find his 36 year old wife dead.. and the autopsy came back it was from the fentanyl patch,..turns out thousands have died from this...(do a google search) it malfunctions and leaks too much of the medication into the system... and a person gets overdosed... at the very least please make sure you are following all of the precautions listed with the drug..

Thanks PP
    I did have 6 weeks of chemo/radiation prior to surgery. It was rough, but I made it through. What I am now is just the mop-up chemo in case any tiny seeds were missed or not showing up. I had no nodes involved, so they dropped the Oxilapaltin, lucky me!

Yes, we are aware there can be Fentanyl issues in some cases, and I am monitored closely. I am allergic to almost EVERYTHING related to pain medicine and we are happy to find something that I can take without side effects. My son-in-law is an anesthesiologist and he also monitors me for this. The Fentanyl was prescribed for my surgical/healing issues, and it IS working for that. It's only the hips (a different problem) that it's not helping, nor was it designed to. I was just hoping...

Thanks for your concern. Vicki