Psychosocial Issues of Breast Cancer Survivorship

Options
2»

Comments

• divablu
    divablu Member Posts: 75
    Options

Glad you enjoyed the article
    Glad you enjoyed the article and good to see you posting again. Hope you're feeling well.
    love
    jan

Hello Jan
    I'm doing well. I have 12 more radiation treatments! YIPPEE!

I've been visiting the site and reading different messages. This article really hit home for me. My radiation doc has seen me crying once too often I guess. She asked me last week if I had sought out counseling or a psychiatrist. After reading this article I realized ... Well, hell! Wouldn't it be great if while we were going through breast cancer that was all we had to deal with????

I'm starting to investigate reconstruction of my missing left breast. The plastic surgeon I was recommended to won't accept my health insurance. The other surgeon in the area doesn't do the DIEP procedure. So I will spend the 6 months after radiation (or more) searching for a surgeon. And, we have our house for sale and I'm not sure where we will be living in six months! All part of what this article talks about!

So ... all in all ... I think my body is handling the radiation well ... mastectomy has faded into a memory ... chemo is in the past ... my mind is a little willy-nilly!! I was out and brushing my horses last week, and the fatigue got the better of me. I know this all will pass. One day at a time!

Thank you again for this article. I plan on reading it several times and sending it to my onc and radiation doctor.

Huggs!