It's Been Awhile - HELLO

Options
nudgie
nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
It's been awhile and I apologize, but not having a computer at home and loosing my job in October 08 left me to the usage of my local library computer weekly which basically led to 4-5 hours of job searching on a weekly basis. I have found a temp position that should last about a year, but I continue to look for full-time employment with benefits.

For all the newbies, welcome to the most wonderful family you will ever find on the Internet. Everyone on this board is an inspiration to all :)

A little history. I was DX in July 06 with Stage II colon cancer. Had emergency surgery, did 6 rounds of FLOFOX and since Dec 06 I have been NED. I now get checked twice a year with the next one taking place sometime in April of 09. There is not a day that goes by that I still do not think of the disease or even the word itself. It is true what they tell you. "there will come a day that you will not think of this disease everyday", which I now find true.

My son, Chris, moved to Chicago, IL in Dec 08 and purhcased a townhome in Lake County, IL. He is now having home sick issues and wants to sell his home he purchased on 2 March 09, and even consider leaving his company, which in fact, is very large, stable and secure. As a parent, you want to help your child, make them happy and make them feel happy, so right now we (me and hubby) are struggling with own feelings of wanting him back home, but are doing our BEST in trying to explain the benefits of being on his own. I am proud of my son and that he misses his family. I even told him I would be willing to relocate to his area.

I will get back to my Friday Riddles and I am hoping to make Colonplooza 7 this year. I would love to finally meet everyone.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND LOVE YA ALL!!!!

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you!
    Hello Nudgie!

Good to see you posting again! Your Friday riddles are a fun thing to look forward & I'm sure all the newbies will enjoy them. I, unfortunately, can never figure them out, but I have fun trying (even though I don't post a possible answer, I'm still thinking!)
    Take care-
    Lisa
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    NUDGIE!!!!
    Have been missing you! I pray for you daily to find a job that will meet your needs! I will add your son to my prayers; that he find solace where he is and grow in his independence. I know how hard it is when your children want you and you know the best thing is for them to forge on without you!

P.S. I will refrain from answering your riddles since i found a way to find the answers! :)
    mary
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    msccolon said:

NUDGIE!!!!
    Have been missing you! I pray for you daily to find a job that will meet your needs! I will add your son to my prayers; that he find solace where he is and grow in his independence. I know how hard it is when your children want you and you know the best thing is for them to forge on without you!

P.S. I will refrain from answering your riddles since i found a way to find the answers! :)
    mary

nudgie
    its nice to meet you and welcome back as being NED.right now i have completed all surgeries and have completed #1 of 12 of the good ole oxy and 5fu.as you said i am praying there will be a day where i can look at this as being behind me[no pun intended]and come back to this family on this site as being NED.Godbless....johnnybegood
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options

nudgie
    its nice to meet you and welcome back as being NED.right now i have completed all surgeries and have completed #1 of 12 of the good ole oxy and 5fu.as you said i am praying there will be a day where i can look at this as being behind me[no pun intended]and come back to this family on this site as being NED.Godbless....johnnybegood

HI!
    Nice too meet you nidgie, and love to hear encouraging stories like yours, it's all I think about is this disease, I was just dx'd a few m onths ago, and going through 12 rounds of FOLFIRI and have 9 more to go, I don't even know what the next step is, didn't need surgery first thing, they just went right to the chemo to shrink the tumors.

Hope everything is well, and glad to hear you're still NED, these are stories that give me hope!

Hugssss!
    ~Donna
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Nudgie
    Welcome back to the boards and I being a newbie and happy to meet you. It sounds like you are doing very well and I am so happy for you.

I probably would enjoy doing the Friday riddles but I am so dense when it comes to figuring them out. Even sometimes when you tell me the answer I'm like - what? LOL no not that bad.

Glad to see you posting. Kim
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options

Nudgie
    Welcome back to the boards and I being a newbie and happy to meet you. It sounds like you are doing very well and I am so happy for you.

I probably would enjoy doing the Friday riddles but I am so dense when it comes to figuring them out. Even sometimes when you tell me the answer I'm like - what? LOL no not that bad.

Glad to see you posting. Kim

You're not the only one AnnaBelle....
    I suck at solving riddles LOL

~Donna
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Welcome home
    Nudgie! Yay! I'm glad to have you back!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    We missed you!
    Hi Nudgie! We missed you! I'm glad you got something, but I am praying for a permanent position with benefits for you! Your son will eventually get over the homesickness. If he has a good job he should keep it! It's tough out there right now.... Anyway, glad you're back!

Hugs,
    Kirsten
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    welcome back
    Hi Nudgie,

It's good to see you are doing well. I think the problems our children face are more difficult for us then if we were facing them as we can't deal with them but can just be supportive. It is natural for him to feel homesick but I would encourage him to stick it out for a set number of months, like 6. He may meet new friends and learn to enjoy it. Chicago is an interesting city and there is lots to do there. Besides, jobs are hard to find. If, after some time he still wants to move back then fine.

Glad to see that you are posting. Will look forward to move riddles. Hope you find that job you are looking for.