NED?

Options
SandyL
SandyL Member Posts: 218
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Will someone tell me what that stands for. I know it's a good thing but can't remember the correct terms. Thanks.
Sandy

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    No Evidence of Disease
    I just found out myself.
  • funnyguy
    funnyguy Member Posts: 89
    Options
    NED
    The name of our very best friend!
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    funnyguy said:

NED
    The name of our very best friend!

NED question
    My tumor was removed along with 18 inches of colon (clear margins) as were my lymph nodes. 5 out of 17 showed 'few cancer cells'. No other cancer found. Chemo is as a precaution/ mop up. Am I NED?
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options

NED question
    My tumor was removed along with 18 inches of colon (clear margins) as were my lymph nodes. 5 out of 17 showed 'few cancer cells'. No other cancer found. Chemo is as a precaution/ mop up. Am I NED?

My take on NED........
    Remember , this is only my opinion and it is based on how I look at this disease and its diagnosis of it......
    I take NED as a statement meaning that no cancer cells have been found in your body through CEA levels, PET or CAT scans etc. That no sign of the disease exists in a persons body. This to me is NED. I will not have a PET or CAT done unless my Dr says it may be necessary. He will watch my blood work for 5 years and if everything stays stable I will be considered "cancer Free" which for me in my opinion is when I consider to be "cured" ...To me NED is a state of physical being to be in for 5 years in which then it changes from NED to Cured.....just remember though its just my take on it........God Bless ya.......