could it be?

rjjj
rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Goodmorning sisters, Something seems to have changed..maybe its the weather or Jesus pulling me out of my depression. This time after treatment #4 only 5 days out, I started feeling better. I went to work..i knew i felt good, but everyone told me "Jackie you are getting better" you look good, we can tell you feel good..because you have that old sparkle back in your eyes. What a blessing!! I didn't know my depression was showing.

I truly do feel uplifted. I am afraid it will go away but i have never bounced back that quickly or felt so good for a long long time. My heart must be healing and i am becoming more optimistic and hopeful. No i didn't try anything new as far as meds. Could it be that spring is in the air and with it renewal and rebirth of spirit? I love you all and pray that spring will bring this to you also!
Jackie

Comments

• CoeBruno
    CoeBruno Member Posts: 19 Member
    Your an Inspiration!
    Jackie,

You were one of the first to post to me in February when I was diagnosed with BC. You are a true inspiration to me. I know from reading all of your posts and comments that you are spiritual and have God in your heart and on your side. I, too, depend on God for strength, peace, and healing.

I am so happy to hear that you are feeling and looking so good!

I keep you and everyone here in my prayers daily.

God Bless,
    Colette
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    CoeBruno said:

Your an Inspiration!
    Jackie,

You were one of the first to post to me in February when I was diagnosed with BC. You are a true inspiration to me. I know from reading all of your posts and comments that you are spiritual and have God in your heart and on your side. I, too, depend on God for strength, peace, and healing.

I am so happy to hear that you are feeling and looking so good!

I keep you and everyone here in my prayers daily.

God Bless,
    Colette

So happy for you, Jackie!
    I'm so glad that things are turning around for you... we've been praying for you! It's a beautiful spring day down here too and we're just about to get out and go somewhere. Wishing all our sisters fairer skies and warm sunshine.

Moopy
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    You are getting better!
    That's wonderful, Jackie. I think it's a great sign of what's to come: renewal, spring, good health, joy. I think you are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Don't question it; celebrate it. Depression is so normal during this process, but I knew that you would emerge from that hole. You've inspired me to open the balcony doors and smell the new spring air. Hope you continue to do well.

Mimi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Spring is Sprung!
    No, Jackie, it isn't any of those things at all~ you are healthier and happier and getting out of a funk because you are part of this amazing family of Kick~**** Cancer Killers and all of our good Karma has rubbed off on yours!! LOL I do hope that made you smile...as Mimi said, whatever the myriad reasons for you feeling uplifted, Celebrate it! And, if I may say, Celebrate not just "it", but celebrate yourself as well. YOU are the warrior-survivor, and the things you are doing, in conjunction with medical care is what is making the difference in your own life.

Enjoy this part of the ride~ you soo deserve it!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Mikes Sunshine
    Mikes Sunshine Member Posts: 129
    chenheart said:

Spring is Sprung!
    No, Jackie, it isn't any of those things at all~ you are healthier and happier and getting out of a funk because you are part of this amazing family of Kick~**** Cancer Killers and all of our good Karma has rubbed off on yours!! LOL I do hope that made you smile...as Mimi said, whatever the myriad reasons for you feeling uplifted, Celebrate it! And, if I may say, Celebrate not just "it", but celebrate yourself as well. YOU are the warrior-survivor, and the things you are doing, in conjunction with medical care is what is making the difference in your own life.

Enjoy this part of the ride~ you soo deserve it!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Spring
    Jackie, I am thrilled to hear you are feeling better, my heart is singing for you. You are such a sweet person. I think the thoughts of spring coming is helping all of us. You have inspired me to get in the shower and get outside today. ( the other plan was to stay on the computer all day) I hope your good days continue. Love ,Nancy
  • ohilly
    ohilly Member Posts: 441
    me, too
    I think we all go through predictable stages with this breast cancer thing. I was also very depressed in the beginning, and have depression over different aspects of the recovery process, but am now feeling better.

Glad you're doing okay!

ohilly
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Hey Jackie, that light at
    Hey Jackie, that light at the end of the tunnel is shining and pulling you out of your funk. You're almost done, Yippeee!!!!! We were all standing behind you pushing you towards the light. I am so glad you are feeling better. It must be spring. Hugs, Lili
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    HAPPY DAYS!
    Jackie,

So pleased to read your post, you have made my day. It is so nice to hear you are turning that corner that leads back to healthy Jackie. Now get a move on and enjoy yourself!!!

Sending a cyber Hug to you,

RE
  • Derbygirl
    Derbygirl Member Posts: 198
    Each day of feeling better
    Each day of feeling better is a blessing. Thanks for sharing that with us!
  • JoyD
    JoyD Member Posts: 81
    So Glad....
    Jackie: I am glad you are feeling better.....You see, I look up to you all the time....your encouraging words lift me up when I feel down....I draw my strength from you....today, I just had my PORT on my right side since I will be starting my Chemo on April 1....I am not posting anything about the PORT and Chemo since I have been reading a lot on the experiences that the other sisters had...also, I opted to do a Clinical Study for Avastin....as I said before in my previous posting that it will only be a 50/50 chance of getting it....the Dr will monitor me very closely for this....Wow, glad to hear that you are back at work and how I wish I could do the same....I feel so bored at home but a lot of people are saying I need my rest especially during Chemo....I went ahead and volunteered at one of the ACN location here in Dublin, CA.....I wanted to give back to them since they are very nice to me.....Spring is up in the air and I wish you all the luck in the world.....talk to you soon.

Joy
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Tickeled pink
    Jackie I am just tickled pink for you. Isn't it wonderful to feel almost normal again. Yes the sunshine does help. So get lots of it. Work keeps the mind occupied. Stay busy.

Jadie
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    JoyD said:

So Glad....
    Jackie: I am glad you are feeling better.....You see, I look up to you all the time....your encouraging words lift me up when I feel down....I draw my strength from you....today, I just had my PORT on my right side since I will be starting my Chemo on April 1....I am not posting anything about the PORT and Chemo since I have been reading a lot on the experiences that the other sisters had...also, I opted to do a Clinical Study for Avastin....as I said before in my previous posting that it will only be a 50/50 chance of getting it....the Dr will monitor me very closely for this....Wow, glad to hear that you are back at work and how I wish I could do the same....I feel so bored at home but a lot of people are saying I need my rest especially during Chemo....I went ahead and volunteered at one of the ACN location here in Dublin, CA.....I wanted to give back to them since they are very nice to me.....Spring is up in the air and I wish you all the luck in the world.....talk to you soon.

Joy

you are my hero's
    i just love you gal's! you are all my inspiration, we are all pulling each other out of the darkness and into the light. i don't know really what i would do without such caring and courageous pink sisters. thanks for all the sweet greetings. you made my day!!

joy, i think that is so cool that you are volunteering already ..you will be blessed by your kindness ..you can be sure of that! i just bet you will be in the 50% to get the avastin. when we all lift our hopes and prayers up tonight i know all of you angels will be heard!
    happy spring!!!!!!!!
    jackie
  • chenheart
    JoyD said:

So Glad....

Joy

Howdy "neighbor"
    Just saying Hello, fellow California Sister! I live in Santa Barbara county, in Santa Ynez to be exact! Bless your heart for volunteering~all of us in here can tell by your post that you will indeed be a great asset to those you come in contact with.

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • jeanne1948
    jeanne1948 Member Posts: 18
    good morning
    The Lord does help during these days. When I would get depressed, He seemed to be there the most. I have had some pretty low days. The Spring does help give us renewed hope when we see how beautiful nature can be when everything starts coming back to life. Take care and continue feeling better...Great news.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    chenheart said:

Howdy "neighbor"
    Just saying Hello, fellow California Sister! I live in Santa Barbara county, in Santa Ynez to be exact! Bless your heart for volunteering~all of us in here can tell by your post that you will indeed be a great asset to those you come in contact with.

Hugs,
    Claudia

I lived in Lompoc for a year
    I lived in Lompoc for a year when I was 16.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    AND, you are more than half way!!!!!
    YEA!!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • chenheart
    Marcia527 said:

I lived in Lompoc for a year
    I lived in Lompoc for a year when I was 16.

Its a small world, after all
    You lived in Lompoc??? Sheesh...isn't that one of those towns people are glad to be FROM, and not IN??? There is a notorious gang-infested area of North Long Beach called Compton. We refer to Lompoc as Lompton for much the same reason!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    chenheart said:

Its a small world, after all
    You lived in Lompoc??? Sheesh...isn't that one of those towns people are glad to be FROM, and not IN??? There is a notorious gang-infested area of North Long Beach called Compton. We refer to Lompoc as Lompton for much the same reason!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Well that year I lived there
    Well that year I lived there was a very long time ago. I'm talking 42 years! It was pretty nice then. Lots of people from other places as there was a AF base there too. They had a wonderful high school. More like a university. What I remember of it is it was beautiful. I didn't see or hear anything 'bad' the whole time I was there.