Gemzar A Go But Bad News

Options
2»

Comments

• lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Terry: You live so CLOSE to me!
    I live in the Shamokin area, very near Knoebels Amusement Park (about the only landmark around here you might possibly know)! In fact Northeast PA Philharmonic, in Moosic, is one of my grantwriting clients. I think that you will be happy with Fox Chase, but if not, come have your treatments with me! Geisinger Medical Center in Danville is right off Route 80, and about 1 and 1/4 hours from Scranton.
  • ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    Options

Terry: You live so CLOSE to me!
    I live in the Shamokin area, very near Knoebels Amusement Park (about the only landmark around here you might possibly know)! In fact Northeast PA Philharmonic, in Moosic, is one of my grantwriting clients. I think that you will be happy with Fox Chase, but if not, come have your treatments with me! Geisinger Medical Center in Danville is right off Route 80, and about 1 and 1/4 hours from Scranton.

Linda
    Wow! I can't believe we live that close. We should meet up someday for lunch. If I don't like Fox Chase I'm going to Sloan Kettering. I just had all my medical records faxed to both places yesterday.
    Hugs ,Prayers and Love,
    Terry
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    Options

Linda
    Wow! I can't believe we live that close. We should meet up someday for lunch. If I don't like Fox Chase I'm going to Sloan Kettering. I just had all my medical records faxed to both places yesterday.
    Hugs ,Prayers and Love,
    Terry

I would LOVE to meet you for lunch!
    We will have to make firm plans once you get these other opinions and once I get my last chemo in me (either this Monday, or on March 23rd if my counts are too low Monday). I believe they'll give me a month off before I start radiation. What FUN!!! We'll have to get a map out and figure out a place mid-way. :D
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    SORRY
    Those words from your doctor must have hit you and your husband so hard. But as you can see from all the posts here, don't despair. I know you have the strength and peace of the Lord in you, and that He will lift you up and get you through this, and only He knows for how long.

Hold fast to all that you know and have in your heart, Terry. And we will lift you up in prayer as intercessors to strengthen your body and spirit. These are the times when we need Him the most, and He promised He would NEVER leave us nor forsake us!

Luv & Hugs,
    Monika
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    So much good advice
    from the ladies on the board - as always. I am so sorry you are going through this Terry. Did you ask the doctor how long he thought because you really wanted to know or because you were just terrified period? Remember, knowledge is power. Prove them wrong if that's what you want to do. Go to a 2nd opinion, 3rd opinion, etc until you find someone who is sympathetic to you as a person and LISTENS to you and how much you want to survive this disease that has invaded all of our lives.

I lost my cousin to Multiple Myeloma in September of 2006 and 2 weeks before she left this world for good, she was still telling us that she was walking out of the "damn hospital" and going to beat this thing. She wanted nothing more than to be 43.

So if you want to be 90 - get to 90. I believe, personally, that this journey is a very personal one. None of us wants to let it "beat" us - but how do you decide when enough is enough? I think it's something you need to know deep down inside, something that needs to be decided when our hearts aren't terrified - and let others know also. As Bonnie said, it's important that the doctors need to know just how much you are willing to go through - as well as your family.

I don't envy your position, but I am so happy that your husband is right there beside you cheering you on, supporting your decisions and giving you the love you need right now to stay calm (is that possible?) and forge ahead.

Take good care Terry and know there are so many of us praying for you.

Big hugs.
    Kris