Update on husband

2»

Comments

• hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Keeping you both in my prayers
    Michelle, Keeping you both in my prayers. God bless.
    Hugs,
    Diane
  • sheri22
    sheri22 Member Posts: 273

angel
    Thanks Lisa and everyone i know god will see him thru with open arms.

michelle

Thinking of you
    Michelle

Just to say I have been thinking of you bothe often, you are such a special person to keep everyone updated with everything you have been going thru, I hope your husband does get to ride again you are bothe in my prayers

Sheri22
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    sheri22 said:

Thinking of you
    Michelle

Just to say I have been thinking of you bothe often, you are such a special person to keep everyone updated with everything you have been going thru, I hope your husband does get to ride again you are bothe in my prayers

Sheri22

husband
    thanks sheri, It really helps to share

michelle
  • angelsbaby

Keeping you both in my prayers
    Michelle, Keeping you both in my prayers. God bless.
    Hugs,
    Diane

diane
    thank you
    michelle
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    praying for you now
    Hi Michelle,
    I am praying for you and Angel and your family. Praying for peace for all of you.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    Hugs
    Hugs to you...I am very sorry to read about your husbands battle with this disease. I am Stage 4 and as of now trying the chemo again to give me more time here. It is hard each day because I am constantly wondering if the drug is working..Dying is always on my mind but on good days the living takes over. You seem to be a very caring person and I hope you can use some of the advice given. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers..Hugs to both of you. Audrey.
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    jenalynet said:

Hugs
    Hugs to you...I am very sorry to read about your husbands battle with this disease. I am Stage 4 and as of now trying the chemo again to give me more time here. It is hard each day because I am constantly wondering if the drug is working..Dying is always on my mind but on good days the living takes over. You seem to be a very caring person and I hope you can use some of the advice given. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers..Hugs to both of you. Audrey.

Same here....
    I am stage 4 as well, and me dying is constantly on my kids and my mind as well, you know your days are numbered, but then you think positive and listen to all these encouraging stories about people who been living with stage 4 for years and years, and I just want to be one of those people, so I stay focused on trying to just enjoy the time I have here, and hope for the best that we will beat this beast! there is always hope out there, and stage 4 isn't really a death sentence for alot of people, it's just hard having a day where you forget you have it, and try to live as normally as possible :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Shayenne said:

Same here....
    I am stage 4 as well, and me dying is constantly on my kids and my mind as well, you know your days are numbered, but then you think positive and listen to all these encouraging stories about people who been living with stage 4 for years and years, and I just want to be one of those people, so I stay focused on trying to just enjoy the time I have here, and hope for the best that we will beat this beast! there is always hope out there, and stage 4 isn't really a death sentence for alot of people, it's just hard having a day where you forget you have it, and try to live as normally as possible :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

stage IV and life expectancy
    the funny thing about it is that the longer you are here, the easier it is to remember that you are LIVING with cancer and not dying of it. At first, we all focus on the possibility of eminent death; we are only human and have heard all and seen all the hype about cancer in general. But, then you survive the 6 months of crap that is chemo and you move into a period of no chemo and you get to feeling better. Then, a year passes and all you can think is WOW! The year went by in a blur and you realize you have to pay more attention to your days! So then you start enjoying the days you have and trying not to think about the beast, and that possibility of eminent death. If you get a recurrence, you have the blessing of knowing that you survived treatment before, and the expectation of kicking it's behind once more! You become a stronger, more determined warrior and you move from considering chemo as poison and thinking more of it being another weapon in your arsenal against the beast. You rally yourself and your loved ones and you fight on! It's a wonderful thing, the way we humans work! When we gather together for a united goal, we can be unstoppable! And it makes the journey so much easier and so much more delightful! Hang tough. Every day you wake up is another day to get it right and fight it hard!

ETA: I realized after I posted this that I needed to add some thoughts, since the beginning post is from Michelle and Angel, who are having a very hard time with this very ugly beast. Another hard aspect of this disease is when we see others go through what very well may be OUR future. Know that my heart goes out to you, Michelle and Angel, as it does for all of us; what you are experiencing is exactly why we are so scared when we hear those 3 words. I know that it is hard for you to read about others who have had miraculous recoveries and are enjoying "the good life". We all ask, why can't I be the one who hears NED, why can't I be the one who went in for surgery and found that all tumor was gone, why can't I be ... We are living what is the reality of our lives and we are, hopefully, doing it with dignity and strength. We are always being watched by those around us, and we hope to be an inspiration for them into their futures. One day we will know the answers to the whys, but for now, all we can do is the best that we can do. Reach out to those around you who are willing and able to help; God sends us angels, sometimes in the most unlikely of people. Give yourself time to reflect and rejuvenate before you head into the battle. We owe it to ourselves as well as to our loved ones.

Ok, now I'll get off that box.

mary
  • angelsbaby
    msccolon said:

stage IV and life expectancy
    the funny thing about it is that the longer you are here, the easier it is to remember that you are LIVING with cancer and not dying of it. At first, we all focus on the possibility of eminent death; we are only human and have heard all and seen all the hype about cancer in general. But, then you survive the 6 months of crap that is chemo and you move into a period of no chemo and you get to feeling better. Then, a year passes and all you can think is WOW! The year went by in a blur and you realize you have to pay more attention to your days! So then you start enjoying the days you have and trying not to think about the beast, and that possibility of eminent death. If you get a recurrence, you have the blessing of knowing that you survived treatment before, and the expectation of kicking it's behind once more! You become a stronger, more determined warrior and you move from considering chemo as poison and thinking more of it being another weapon in your arsenal against the beast. You rally yourself and your loved ones and you fight on! It's a wonderful thing, the way we humans work! When we gather together for a united goal, we can be unstoppable! And it makes the journey so much easier and so much more delightful! Hang tough. Every day you wake up is another day to get it right and fight it hard!

ETA: I realized after I posted this that I needed to add some thoughts, since the beginning post is from Michelle and Angel, who are having a very hard time with this very ugly beast. Another hard aspect of this disease is when we see others go through what very well may be OUR future. Know that my heart goes out to you, Michelle and Angel, as it does for all of us; what you are experiencing is exactly why we are so scared when we hear those 3 words. I know that it is hard for you to read about others who have had miraculous recoveries and are enjoying "the good life". We all ask, why can't I be the one who hears NED, why can't I be the one who went in for surgery and found that all tumor was gone, why can't I be ... We are living what is the reality of our lives and we are, hopefully, doing it with dignity and strength. We are always being watched by those around us, and we hope to be an inspiration for them into their futures. One day we will know the answers to the whys, but for now, all we can do is the best that we can do. Reach out to those around you who are willing and able to help; God sends us angels, sometimes in the most unlikely of people. Give yourself time to reflect and rejuvenate before you head into the battle. We owe it to ourselves as well as to our loved ones.

Ok, now I'll get off that box.

mary

Mary you are awesome
    You hit the nail right on the head. When i first started on this web site I too had so much hope that angel would beat the cancer and he fought hard for a year with the chemo but it just didn't work for him.I read all the posts and i feel so glad for those that are getting well at the same time I get mad because angel is not one of those. I feel at peace when i read all the kind thoughts from everyone here i wish i could give everyone a big hug and thankyou in person.

michelle
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member

Mary you are awesome
    You hit the nail right on the head. When i first started on this web site I too had so much hope that angel would beat the cancer and he fought hard for a year with the chemo but it just didn't work for him.I read all the posts and i feel so glad for those that are getting well at the same time I get mad because angel is not one of those. I feel at peace when i read all the kind thoughts from everyone here i wish i could give everyone a big hug and thankyou in person.

michelle

thank you
    It is nice to know you understand what I'm trying to say. Stay strong and know we are all keeping you two in our hearts.
    mary
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    msccolon said:

thank you
    It is nice to know you understand what I'm trying to say. Stay strong and know we are all keeping you two in our hearts.
    mary

Ditto Mary.............Very Nice Post
    ..........God Bless you both Michelle and Angel........
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375

Mary you are awesome

michelle

Michelle.. YOU are awesome!
    Seriously... I don't think you realize how, no matter how unintentionally, you are so admired and looked up to. You are going through hell and back... the worst of moments and yet beautiful moments as well.. and still, you take the time to come here and post updates for the rest of us. Some of those updates have got to be so hard for you to post and I'm hoping at the same time are giving you some release to be able to put them in writing.

There are caregivers, such as yourself, and those of us fighting the battle as is Angel... so we all look up to your posts for different reasons. The caregivers can so very much relate to what you are going through and how you are doing it. Those of us fighting the beast are looking at Angel's story and asking "WHY??" and then relating it to our own journey and always wondering, "Will I go through a similar experience as Angel and, if so, how will I handle it?"

So, in case this time just goes by in a blur, I would like to say, probably on behalf of a lot of us... THANK YOU! Thank you for being you and taking the time to share your and Angel's experiences with us because, as hard as they are, you have no idea just how much they mean to all of us.

Huggggggs,

Cheryl
  • angelsbaby

Michelle.. YOU are awesome!
    Seriously... I don't think you realize how, no matter how unintentionally, you are so admired and looked up to. You are going through hell and back... the worst of moments and yet beautiful moments as well.. and still, you take the time to come here and post updates for the rest of us. Some of those updates have got to be so hard for you to post and I'm hoping at the same time are giving you some release to be able to put them in writing.

There are caregivers, such as yourself, and those of us fighting the battle as is Angel... so we all look up to your posts for different reasons. The caregivers can so very much relate to what you are going through and how you are doing it. Those of us fighting the beast are looking at Angel's story and asking "WHY??" and then relating it to our own journey and always wondering, "Will I go through a similar experience as Angel and, if so, how will I handle it?"

So, in case this time just goes by in a blur, I would like to say, probably on behalf of a lot of us... THANK YOU! Thank you for being you and taking the time to share your and Angel's experiences with us because, as hard as they are, you have no idea just how much they mean to all of us.

Huggggggs,

Cheryl

thanks
    cheryl and buzzard
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Prayers
    Michelle both of you are in my prayers and thoughts. You both have had a rough road to travel and it has to be very hard on both of you. Let him know that he is being thought of from people who truly care.

Kim
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

Prayers
    Michelle both of you are in my prayers and thoughts. You both have had a rough road to travel and it has to be very hard on both of you. Let him know that he is being thought of from people who truly care.

Kim

Ditto!
    Thank you Michelle, I also know how hard this is with what you're going through, you're a beautiful person to even still post about updates, both you and Angel are always in my prayers.

Huge Huggss!!
    ~Donna
  • angelsbaby
    Shayenne said:

Ditto!
    Thank you Michelle, I also know how hard this is with what you're going through, you're a beautiful person to even still post about updates, both you and Angel are always in my prayers.

Huge Huggss!!
    ~Donna

we are grateful
    prayers are always welcomed

thanks for the up lifting posts

michelle
  • Glv49
    Glv49 Member Posts: 206 Member

we are grateful
    prayers are always welcomed

thanks for the up lifting posts

michelle

God Bless you and your
    God Bless you and your husband, I am praying that God gives you a miracle.. I am a stage IV survivor, and sometimes I wonder why I am still here, when I read others going thru this. And now my husband is battling this beast as well. You aren't alone, and feel free to express yourself to us anytime. I wish I could do something for you, and everyone else. But I am sending you a big hug, and lots of prayers.

God Bless,
    Gail
  • angelsbaby
    Glv49 said:

God Bless you and your
    God Bless you and your husband, I am praying that God gives you a miracle.. I am a stage IV survivor, and sometimes I wonder why I am still here, when I read others going thru this. And now my husband is battling this beast as well. You aren't alone, and feel free to express yourself to us anytime. I wish I could do something for you, and everyone else. But I am sending you a big hug, and lots of prayers.

God Bless,
    Gail

gail
    thank you