Hi New here

Options
2»

Comments

• colon2
    colon2 Member Posts: 183
    Options

FEELING DOWN?
    Good morning....Nice to meet you. Are you still up? We know about the sleepless nights and maybe you should ask your doctor for some meds. for that.
    I want to say "Welcome Aboard", but I wish it were under better circumstances. We just now are recovering from Colon Cancer...."The Monster". Our journey was one of the lucky ones, but tough none the less. My husband, Captain Hop, was DX'd Dec. 19, 2008...surgery Jan. 21 2009.
    Can you tell us more about yourself and your situation? When were you DX'd?...What type...What does your doctor say?
    You'll find the people in this group to be very, very supportive, caring and full of knowledge. I'm so sorry it seemed no one wAs awake or on line when you needed to talk....Now's your chance....let us hear from you...and what is your first name?
    Hugs and Blessings,
    Hop and Marygale

welcome
    I would like to add myself to the welcoming commitee. Sorry that you have to have cancer to join us, but it's a good place to be, if you have the disease or are a caregiver. The people on here are great. They listen and share their experiences. It really helps. I just signed on in Feb, and I was welcomed in immediately. Everyone here is in the same boat. We are all scared , but fighting. We will keep fighting as long as neccessary.You will too. When yoiu are feeling down or just want to chat, log on and talk away. The time actually passes pretty fast. I just started, or so it seems and I am finishing my 2nd treatment today. I had no side effects with the first one, but I got a little bit of cold sensitivity, and nausea this time. I think the nausea was my own fault though. I drank coffee with french vanilla creamer on an empty stomach, and it was too sweet. Took medicine and prayed for it to work. It did, I personally think the prayer helped. I know I felt a peace afterwards. Anyway, welcome and hang in there.
    God Bless You, Carletta
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    colon2 said:

welcome
    I would like to add myself to the welcoming commitee. Sorry that you have to have cancer to join us, but it's a good place to be, if you have the disease or are a caregiver. The people on here are great. They listen and share their experiences. It really helps. I just signed on in Feb, and I was welcomed in immediately. Everyone here is in the same boat. We are all scared , but fighting. We will keep fighting as long as neccessary.You will too. When yoiu are feeling down or just want to chat, log on and talk away. The time actually passes pretty fast. I just started, or so it seems and I am finishing my 2nd treatment today. I had no side effects with the first one, but I got a little bit of cold sensitivity, and nausea this time. I think the nausea was my own fault though. I drank coffee with french vanilla creamer on an empty stomach, and it was too sweet. Took medicine and prayed for it to work. It did, I personally think the prayer helped. I know I felt a peace afterwards. Anyway, welcome and hang in there.
    God Bless You, Carletta

I'm Jumping in too
    Welcome aboard, sorry to see you here. I think I found this site in November, just after I was diagnosed and had emergency surgery. I didn't talk until December, but before that spent many nights just sitting here reading stories and crying. I went through the why me pitty party, and then the pissed off at the world party, and even the why Nick (my fiance) party. Then after reading more, I finally chimed in and they welcomed me with open arms. Great bunch or people here, and as everyone said, the road we travel now is very different yet very much the same.

I also learned here that when you get stressed out over things that have nothing to do with cancer, somebody, somewhere, has great words of advice that help! (thank you guys).

I've been in the chat room at 3am before too....

By the way - I learned that advil pm works wonders....(I'm not taking anything else and the chemo kept me awake)
  • jenben59
    jenben59 Member Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Again, I want to thank you
    Again, I want to thank you all for the welcomes and sharing your stories with me.
    Before now Cancer was something that happened to other people. I made donations, supported causes, etc. But, you all have put a real name and even faces to this disease for me, right beside my own.

It's been a very scary thing and so much information to learn and comprehend in such a short time. Sometimes my mind just can't process it all.

But, the reality hits when I look over at my nightstand and see all the prescription bottles. I have always been healthy. Rarely even had colds. So I find myself having to force myself and needing reminders from my family to take my medications. Right now I have Vicodin, Naprox, Flagyl,Levaquin,Zoloft. For those times when it seems to be too much to handle...Ativan.

The pity-parties I hold for myself seem to come at night. But, even those are coming less frequent now. Just the nights seem to get longer.

You all seem so knowledgeable and have such great attitudes. I have a lot to learn. Will be checking in often and keeping all of you in my prayers!!!!

Welcome
    Hello. I think you have found a blessing at this Web site. The people here are great. Some of them have been here a long time and they can answer all kinds of questions and be supportive. On this site you can vent, too! I wish you all the best and welcome.