GOT SURGERY DATE

Options
qwe
qwe Member Posts: 124
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Finally I got the date I go in March 26Th for testing and March 27Th the surgery.
But I have a DR appointment on March 19Th and I have to do the clean out thing
on the 18Th only can drink liquids till 12:00am and nothing till after the Dr's appointment.One hour drive
up there yuk I will be so thirsty.I really do not want to do this I hate the awful
things and painful things I have to go through. :x

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    It's not fun, BUT...
    It's something you've gotta do. If you haven't already arranged for someone to drive you there and back, make sure that you do that. FYI- if you're having a sigmoidoscopy (not sure if you are), they don't always give sedation, but know that you CAN request sedation. I did & was SO glad I did after having none the first time- that first time was awful. No problem at all with the sedation!

Where are you having your surgery done at? You will be okay and God will get you through this. Just know that you're not alone & most on this board have walked in your shoes.

Take care and God bless-
    Lisa
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    you will do fine
    hey qwe i have been thru my surgeries,they removed the tumer in my rectum and i had a temporary iliostomy for 5 wks then back in for a reversal on feb 4,all went well and now my journey takes me for chemo on tuesday. i too was scared of the surgeries but the people on here really help.you will do fine just stick in here with us, i am going to need a lot of support in these next few days. my nerves are shot. i will be thinking of you and looking forward to seeing more posts on your progress.God bless....johnnybegood
  • qwe
    Options
    lisa42 said:

It's not fun, BUT...
    It's something you've gotta do. If you haven't already arranged for someone to drive you there and back, make sure that you do that. FYI- if you're having a sigmoidoscopy (not sure if you are), they don't always give sedation, but know that you CAN request sedation. I did & was SO glad I did after having none the first time- that first time was awful. No problem at all with the sedation!

Where are you having your surgery done at? You will be okay and God will get you through this. Just know that you're not alone & most on this board have walked in your shoes.

Take care and God bless-
    Lisa

Yes Lisa I have to have a
    Yes Lisa I have to have a sigmoidoscopy on the 19Th my son will drive me thank you
    fore your support and jonnny you have to have a temp bag till next Feb wow I will
    not like that.Lias what is FYI?
  • qwe
    Options

you will do fine
    hey qwe i have been thru my surgeries,they removed the tumer in my rectum and i had a temporary iliostomy for 5 wks then back in for a reversal on feb 4,all went well and now my journey takes me for chemo on tuesday. i too was scared of the surgeries but the people on here really help.you will do fine just stick in here with us, i am going to need a lot of support in these next few days. my nerves are shot. i will be thinking of you and looking forward to seeing more posts on your progress.God bless....johnnybegood

OH that was wired I thought
    OH that was wired I thought the reply would go to the bottom sorry so here it is again

Yes Lisa I have to have a sigmoidoscopy on the 19Th my son will drive me thank you
    fore your support and johnny you have to have a temp bag till next Feb wow I will
    not like that.Lisa what is FYI?
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    qwe said:

OH that was wired I thought
    OH that was wired I thought the reply would go to the bottom sorry so here it is again

fore your support and johnny you have to have a temp bag till next Feb wow I will
    not like that.Lisa what is FYI?

FYI.........
    is an abbreviation for "For Your Information"....... :-)