Options
2»

Comments

• Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

OK
    I rang them tonight to cancel my appointment, his nurse (who is nice) came on the line and said to please keep my appointment and I didn't have to have a mammogram.........just talk to him about it. She said maybe I could have ultrasound..which I can handle. Thanks again for all your imput. Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mamo
    Hi Tash I'm soooooooooooooooooo glad you are keeping your appointment. I am scheduled for my mamo in a couple of weeks. I get so nervous when I go that I almost get sick. Not that it hurts because I am numb from all the surgeries. But I'm afraid of them finding something. I even get nervous when I have to call to get the appointment. Seems every time I go they always have to call me back for another view. I get so weak that my legs will hardly carry me. Any one got a spare vallium? This crazy person could sure use one.

Jadie
  • CrystalW
    CrystalW Member Posts: 31
    Options

Sweet Tashhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
    Do you know anyone that may need to go and is somewhat ...putting it off...
    Maybe that would help you ....if you are focusing on getting them there... and being their
    "strength" you then in turn could lean on them ... for strength...

My "Daught" is going to be 32 this year and I have been gently nudging her to have a Mammo ~ I just made her appointment this morning with mine... May 26, 2009 at 8:30 AM...of course .. I was already scheduled being diagnostic .. She's "skeered" ... and promise not to tell her... so am I ... but not much in this journey hasnt been frightening...

I too am still very sore and tender on my Left side - and I imagine it will be that way for a while... but, I look at it this way ... "IF" I can go through all the stuff I have gone through so far... I can do this too... and like it has been suggested by some of our great "Posters" here... get something to ease your fear and pain... a valium would make a perfect match to that machine .. if you ask me..

I do wish I could go with you... I would make sure you didnt feel a thing!!!

Love ya more than my luggage!!
    ~Trish~

Mammo's
    I look at it this way, "Yeah it's going to be painful but it's not going to kill me, but if I don't do it, I could very well end up dead" That's what gets me thru my incredibly painful squishes. Mine is worse because of my implants. They squish all the tissue (including the implants)then they have to push them back out of the way to get just the breast tissue. I am here to tell you that that is not comfortable. But I make sure and tell the tech when I truely can't take any more pain and they are really good about listening. Communication is key...Good luck
    Crystal
  • CrystalW
    CrystalW Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Jadie said:

mamo
    Hi Tash I'm soooooooooooooooooo glad you are keeping your appointment. I am scheduled for my mamo in a couple of weeks. I get so nervous when I go that I almost get sick. Not that it hurts because I am numb from all the surgeries. But I'm afraid of them finding something. I even get nervous when I have to call to get the appointment. Seems every time I go they always have to call me back for another view. I get so weak that my legs will hardly carry me. Any one got a spare vallium? This crazy person could sure use one.

Jadie

I here you Jadie
    Even after 7 years I still get this sense of panick when I have to have my mammo. Not due to thinking about the pain I will have to endure but of what they might find. I wonder if that ever goes away?
  • Irishwhispers
    Irishwhispers Member Posts: 96
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

OK
    I rang them tonight to cancel my appointment, his nurse (who is nice) came on the line and said to please keep my appointment and I didn't have to have a mammogram.........just talk to him about it. She said maybe I could have ultrasound..which I can handle. Thanks again for all your imput. Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attahhhhh Girl....
    I am super glad You are not going to dismiss this !!!!

We have your "back" young lady ... and we wont let you fall!!!....with all this tremendous support coming your way!!!!

Love ya more than my luggage!!

~Trish~