Options
2»

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    JoyD said:

After good news, found not so good after all
    I just got back from my Oncologist and he told me that only the 2 lymph nodes (original site) had cancer cells - muscinous carcinoma....which is supposed to be a slow growing cancer cell and has a pretty good chance of survival....this is not a common cancer cell. Anyway, the sad news is that it showed-up too in my blood stream, so there is a possibility that it could have spread to other parts of my body...he is now requiring me to get a PET scan and a CardioEchogram since I will be probably in Chemo by end of March or first week of April for 5 months....Its true that its a battle and your emotions is like a roller coaster....Right now he told me that I am stage 2A but if they find cancer in other parts of my body it will change to stage 4 - I am afraid!

I also agreed to do the clinical study for Avastin but he said its a toss-up becuase I could either get the Avastin or just the placebo - 50/50 chance....He himself does not know either and this is the only way a clinica study could work.

Any comments.

JoyD

Hi Joy: I also had vascular
    Hi Joy: I also had vascular invasion like you and mo lymph node involvement, so my oncologist prescribed 8 rounds of CAF. I then had a Pet scan 6 months after finishing chemo and everything was clear. I am praying for a clean scan. Hugs, Lili
  • JoyD
    JoyD Member Posts: 81
    Options

Hi Joy: I also had vascular
    Hi Joy: I also had vascular invasion like you and mo lymph node involvement, so my oncologist prescribed 8 rounds of CAF. I then had a Pet scan 6 months after finishing chemo and everything was clear. I am praying for a clean scan. Hugs, Lili

Pls clarify
    mmontero28 - what do you mean by vascular invasion? Are you also saying that they did not find any cancer cells in you lymph nodes? How can you have vascular invasion then?

JoyD
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    JoyD said:

Pls clarify
    mmontero28 - what do you mean by vascular invasion? Are you also saying that they did not find any cancer cells in you lymph nodes? How can you have vascular invasion then?

JoyD

Cancer cells in blood vessels in breast
    Joy, they found cancer cells in the blood vessels in the breast. My lymph nodes were clean, sentinel node and the other 7 that were removed. Because of this I had to go through 8 rounds of CAF, which is adriamycin, cytoxan, and 5FU. And the pet scan also. Thankfully, they didn't find it anywhere else. Hugs, Lili