port pain still

Options
2»

Comments

• glinka65
    glinka65 Member Posts: 132
    Options
    port pain
    hey kathleen i hope **** is feeling better , i got my port last week.. ugggggg!!!! the pain is gone and i hope his is asap as well!! when the pain stops u have what looks like a small stack of dimes under the skin... weird!!! im a newibie at all this as well, this site is wonderful, great people like you guys help us all with each post! i wish you guys the best!!!! and keep the faith!!!!! Tommy
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    neck
    Hi All,
    ****'s port goes up to his neck too and you can see the shape of the tube up to the neck. He didn't mention the pain today (but I only saw him for 1/2 hour before he went to sleep... long day for me.) He goes to yoga again tomorrow. Donna, I will let you know if the yoga helps. Also, I will keep you posted on the yoga once he starts folfox.
    Last night a friend, a nurse anesthesiologist, said there should have been no pain during the procedure. So.... anyone out there who is new and getting ready for their port, if you are still awake when they are putting it in insist that they get you to a place of no pain.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    Options

neck
    Hi All,
    ****'s port goes up to his neck too and you can see the shape of the tube up to the neck. He didn't mention the pain today (but I only saw him for 1/2 hour before he went to sleep... long day for me.) He goes to yoga again tomorrow. Donna, I will let you know if the yoga helps. Also, I will keep you posted on the yoga once he starts folfox.
    Last night a friend, a nurse anesthesiologist, said there should have been no pain during the procedure. So.... anyone out there who is new and getting ready for their port, if you are still awake when they are putting it in insist that they get you to a place of no pain.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen

Yoga
    Hi what is yoga supposed to do for him??
  • pamness
    pamness Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    This isn't the same but when my port was removed
    I couldn't stand to have anything rub on it or touch it for more than a moment. It took about 6 months and then the feeling went away. I had it checked out a number of times - everyone said - oh,well. When I had mine put in, it was fine in two weeks.

I always thought that when they took it out they cut a nerve. Maybe you situation is similar.

Pam
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Julie 44 said:

Yoga
    Hi what is yoga supposed to do for him??

yoga
    Hi Julie,
    **** has started yoga for a couple of reasons. He is off work for the next 1.5 years because of his diagnosis. He has always wanted to take yoga mostly because he figures it will help him surf. Also we have been reading about fighting cancer and have heard that relaxation, meditation and exercise all help the body fight cancer. He feels better since surgery was 5 weeks ago and he has been doing yoga and working out about 5 days a week. He starts folfox next week so he will do what he can during the next 6 months.
    We'd love to hear from others who have been working out during chemo.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Vickil
    Vickil Member Posts: 9
    Options
    pamness said:

This isn't the same but when my port was removed
    I couldn't stand to have anything rub on it or touch it for more than a moment. It took about 6 months and then the feeling went away. I had it checked out a number of times - everyone said - oh,well. When I had mine put in, it was fine in two weeks.

I always thought that when they took it out they cut a nerve. Maybe you situation is similar.

Pam

Port
    I have a power port it has been in almost a year. It still bothers me and it itches careful how you sleep