hair integration/know anything about it?

Options
ohilly
ohilly Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I decided to wait 6 months to see if my hair will grow back thicker, but in the meantime I am doing some research. Does anyone know anything about hair restoration and specifically hair integration? There is a place in Chicago that says they take actual human hair and then somehow weave or integrate it into the rest of your hair (to cover bald or thinning areas). I wonder how much this costs? They did say they offer a free consultation, so I may just go and talk to them.

But does anyone have any info about the different methods of hair restoration, and if you live in Chicago, would you recommend a specific place?

Ohilly (who else?)

Comments

• Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Maybe this place can help you
    I decided to do a little googling, because anything has to be more interesting than grading Latin exams. I found out on Wikipedia that the hair "gluing" process costs up to $1800, and I also found this website for a business in Arlington Heights.

http://www.carolshouseofhair.com/main.html

It looks like a one-woman operation run by someone who is very knowledgeable and devoted to her work. But I strongly warn you to turn off your computer speakers before you go there... it's loud. And best of luck to you!

Joe
  • ohilly
    ohilly Member Posts: 441
    Options
    Aortus said:

Maybe this place can help you
    I decided to do a little googling, because anything has to be more interesting than grading Latin exams. I found out on Wikipedia that the hair "gluing" process costs up to $1800, and I also found this website for a business in Arlington Heights.

http://www.carolshouseofhair.com/main.html

It looks like a one-woman operation run by someone who is very knowledgeable and devoted to her work. But I strongly warn you to turn off your computer speakers before you go there... it's loud. And best of luck to you!

Joe

thanks, Joe
    hey, Joe. Thanks! What I really wish is that a woman (bc survivor) who has actually done hair integration could advise me, but I still appreciate the help. How is Moopy? Ohilly