Possible Breast Cancer

Options
sunshinegurl40
sunshinegurl40 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello everyone.My name is Sunshinegurl and I am very new to this website. Just the other day is when I posted my Blog.Please, take the time to read it. I am 40 years old, a mother and a wife.My story is long so thats why I would rather everyone view my Blog because the whole story is in there.Anyways,just to try and be brief. I was diagnosed with a Fibroadenoma in (r)breast in 2006..after undergoing a series of tests. A clip was placed in tumor for breast surgeon and then I was told that I needed to have a mammo every 6 months for the next 5yrs.Well, I went to my 1st follow up appt and the tumor had shrunk!Which was good news! Then, after that because I did'nt have any medical insurance..I didnt continue with mammos every 6 months(bad mistake.)I just recently have medical insurance and 1st thing that I did was schedule for a mammo.I went for mammo last week and because there's so much density in breast tissue I had to have another ultasound.During ultrasound on (r)breast the Dr. told me that there was another tumor and that it needed to be biopsied real soon. So,appt. was scheduled for following week.This time I did'nt go alone(1st time hubby wasnt allowed in room)I took my sister-in-law in there with me because I was very scared.This new tumor is located at 9 oclock..the benign one was at 6oclock.According to Dr.this new one is different in feature,color,size and location than other one.This biopsy was a fine needle(diff. from 1st time)and was VERY painful!It felt like Dr.had hit my breast bone and instead it was the core of tumor..I jumped!I had to be numbed twice with Lidocaine during procedure. I asked Dr.could he tell me that he was sure that this was not cancer and then he replied no, I can't but I can tell you that if its malignant then we have caught it at a very early stage which is good news.My results will be in on Thurs. Feb.26,2009. My question to everyone is do you think that this new tumor is malignant based on info. that I gave to you in this bulletin?

Comments

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Hi Sunshine, sounds like
    Hi Sunshine, sounds like you've been on a bit of a roller coaster ride. So sorry to hear that. I don't think anyone can say whether or not it's malignant until the tissue gets under the scope. The waiting is terrible I know. I do wish you the best and hope you receive good news soon.
    love
    jan
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Sunshine
    Hello, Sunshinegirl, I am sorry, but I do agree that nothing can be known for sure until the pathology report. BUT--the doctor must be very confident that any cancer is at an early stage in order to say what he did-that any cancer has been caught at a VERY EARLY STAGE. That is what you can repeat to yourself and say aloud as often as you need as you wait during this terrible time between biopsy and report. Those are blessed words that not all of us hear.

Please keep in touch, and don't hesitate to ask any questions or just vent. You have found, as I did, a wonderful group of women who are ready to share and help you however they can. We will be waiting also and hoping for good news.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Hi Sunshine, can't say with
    Hi Sunshine, can't say with that report whether it's malignant or not but do have to agree that the waiting is the absolute worse. I'm hoping that everything goes well and please keep us posted. Hugs, Lili
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    The waiting...
    Its true that none of us can tell you whether your tumor is malignant or not. But the doctor is right -- catching cancer at an early stage is very good news, indeed. Of course, no cancer would be better news and this is what I am hoping for. Many, many biopsies turn out to be benign. Please let us know when you find out the news. Either way, you will get through this and be just fine. I am thinking benign thoughts for you.

Mimi
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Sunshinegurl
    Just want to send prayers for good test results your way, and welcome you to come back to post with any news you have. I know how scary it is to wait. and how painful those biopsies are. May God Bless you with good news!
    Jackie
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

The waiting...
    Its true that none of us can tell you whether your tumor is malignant or not. But the doctor is right -- catching cancer at an early stage is very good news, indeed. Of course, no cancer would be better news and this is what I am hoping for. Many, many biopsies turn out to be benign. Please let us know when you find out the news. Either way, you will get through this and be just fine. I am thinking benign thoughts for you.

Mimi

Sorry to Interrupt, But
    Beautiful Mimi--I love your new photo! It shows your lovely features and dark eyes. A Mediterranean beauty, for sure. Have you considered being in front of the camera as well as behind it??
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Sorry to Interrupt, But
    Beautiful Mimi--I love your new photo! It shows your lovely features and dark eyes. A Mediterranean beauty, for sure. Have you considered being in front of the camera as well as behind it??

You are too sweet
    It's so nice to hear that especially when you are feeling not quite pretty anymore. You know what I mean: bald, pale, hooked up to an IV. Man. Moopy you also are very beautiful, both with and without hair. I love how we inspire each other here.

Mimi
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

Sunshinegurl
    Just want to send prayers for good test results your way, and welcome you to come back to post with any news you have. I know how scary it is to wait. and how painful those biopsies are. May God Bless you with good news!
    Jackie

Sunshine Gurl
    There is no way to know what this is until the pathology is done. The good news is that this appears to be small and if it should be a cancer the smaller the better. There are great folks on here that will help every step of the way and yes, the waiting is the worst. Let us know what the results are. Prayers and good thoughts are coming your way.
    Stef